TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

38 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

What is the capital of Assyria?

...  I don't know that....AUUUUUUUUGGGH!

18 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I'm considering suing, how dare they rip off the Empire in the name of spam.

Join the Rebellion.

I think one of my greatest character flaws is growing too attached to fictional worlds. Feel the irony, obviously, being a lazy coward is my greatest character flaw. But moving past such marginalities as real life, it has become a serious issue that I'm unable to part with a fictional world once the book/movie/television show is over. I become an overly attached viewer during the build up to the endgame. When you know it's not yet over, but the end is near and it will soon be inevitably over. And I want to grab the screen and beg, please please no, please, please let us last another season/another hour/another hundred pages. But it always ends regardless of all my pleas. And I'm like, Nooooo, what will I do with my life now, I love these guys I don't want to let them go *mad plunge for the remote* let's watch it again! But it ends for the second time too and yet again I have little and less clue what to do with my life. Watch it for a third time? What if it ruins it? Not watch it for a third time and just move on and watch another of the seventy billion probably equally good shows/movies out there? Whoa, excuse me, precious, how do we even thinks it is possible for any other show/movie to be anywhere near as good as the one we just finished? Obviously, it's impossible. Hello, why would I cast away the characters that literally have a place in my heart for some random unknown guys who might as well be the most rubbish characters of the whole industry? And yet, if I press repeat and watch it until I'm sick of it, I will only ruin something I love. And then after days of struggle, I finally make up my mind to put it all in a memory box and come back in a couple years to melt on the spot when I do press repeat. The cycle goes on, however, and once again I find myself wondering what the F should I watch now? 

Maybe my greatest character flaw is being indecisive, after all. 

5 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

What's the point in living if you don't get hopelessly lost in and obsessed with awesome fictional worlds? Celebrating and mourning them is the right thing to do.

Shame on all those who don't get lost and fall in love with fictional worlds.

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

What's the point in living if you don't get hopelessly lost in and obsessed with awesome fictional worlds? Celebrating and mourning them is the right thing to do.

It is a magical thing. *.* 

1 hour ago, felice said:

That's what fanfic is for! 8)

I recently read back my old fanfics. Ah, the grammar... *cringes* 

By the way, sister is talking to me again. She has recently acquired a fifth boyfriend and got her half term grades. She is very busy ReginaGeorge'ing her rival room mate and coping with the aggravating fact that she had got a B. If you don't yet feel like you are trapped inside a Hollywood teen movie, then I really don't know what else you need. 

I'm currently watching the Hobbit. I tried to convince the others to watch it too, but mum went to bed and dad got as far as Oh, that's whatshisname. / Orlando Bloom? / Yes, Orlando Bloom. / No, that's Luke Evans he only looks like Orlando Bloom. / Oh that's Malfoy's dad. / No, that's Legolas' dad. / He is Orlando Bloom! / Yes, he is Orlando Bloom. Then he fell asleep.

I dont know you Mandy,but you are obviously an old regular here. All annoying BS drama* welcome,its good to have a safe place to vent. 

I cant offer any advice for what sounds like a rather hellish time for you, but I hope things start to right themselves soon for you :grouphug: Particularly with regards to your 10 year old, fingers crossed it isnt aggressive.

I had a pleasant day today. Got a fair amount of uni work done, then had a lovely evening cooking with my flstmates. Now we are currently sprawled in the kitchen nursing food overload. Homemade lasagne and home made garlic breaf will do that to a girl.

*curls into fetal position*

31 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Like for REAL when it rains it pours.  I feel like I need about 2 weeks vacation just to deal with personal crap :(

No kidding! Sounds like you need at least couple of months off. :grouphug:

*starts a petition for RB to send links to her old fanfics*

*remembers fanfic are forbidden on the forum*

*burns all evidence of petition*

Mandy, this is seriously a hellish time you are going through. I am very sorry for your situation. Fingers crossed for all the family drama to calm down and the brain thing not spreading. :grouphug:

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

IDK, but better to be on the safe side ... :leaving:

We've had entire threads dedicated to specific non-ASoIaF fanfics in the Lit section, so I don't think linking to other non-ASoIaF fanfic in Forum Games is likely to be a problem.

28 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Surely only aSoIaF fanfics.

24 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

IDK, but better to be on the safe side ... :leaving:

5 minutes ago, felice said:

We've had entire threads dedicated to specific non-ASoIaF fanfics in the Lit section, so I don't think linking to other non-ASoIaF fanfic in Forum Games is likely to be a problem.

Now that this has been settled, I say we have a competition to see who can link the lewdest fanfic that is still SFW.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Now that this has been settled, I say we have a competition to see who can link the lewdest fanfic that is still SFW.

If we are allowed to submit in Pebblese that becomes a lot easier. I don't think work filters are quite advanced enough to to recognise said language

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I dont know you Mandy,but you are obviously an old regular here. All annoying BS drama* welcome,its good to have a safe place to vent. 

I cant offer any advice for what sounds like a rather hellish time for you, but I hope things start to right themselves soon for you :grouphug: Particularly with regards to your 10 year old, fingers crossed it isnt aggressive.

I had a pleasant day today. Got a fair amount of uni work done, then had a lovely evening cooking with my flstmates. Now we are currently sprawled in the kitchen nursing food overload. Homemade lasagne and home made garlic breaf will do that to a girl.

*curls into fetal position*

Sounds like you've struck gold with your living situation this year. Well, excluding Maureen. I bet she'd love some lasagne :) Your dinner sounds much more tempting than mine! 

Since you've just eaten I will spoiler tag this next blurt:

Spoiler

I had the distinctly lovely pleasure of spending most of my morning/ afternoon with 3 simultaneously vomiting students. But it got even better as one of them was picking dried vomit off his clothes and smelling it

:stillsick::stillsick::stillsick::ack:

I nearly lost my own cookies.

Mandy - *hugs* wishing your kiddos the best. I'm sure you know this, but just in case, wash all the bedding in the house in very hot water and put stuffed animals in a bag outside. I must see 10 kids a week with lice that is recurrent monthly. It's a pain :grouphug: 

Are there other options regarding the tumor since it is inoperable? 

greetings spamlanders...special shout out to Mandy my friend...thinking of you and the kiddies often...

Spoiler

no words for the medical issue...just sending good vibes

but have learned that my girls who use hair products (some of my nieces are bi-racial) do not get lice even when it is in every other kid in class...even though they do not use much just detanglers and leave in conditioners...you might try leave-ins which according to Mother, they are good for most hair types...just a suggestion of course

as a dude that smokes weed, and drinks i feel hypocritical commenting on 16 yr old but know that when i was that age, i tried everything at least once...i am hoping he will realize danger...but expect him to be thinking he is invincible right now...good luck Mandy and PM me if you want me to come over there and scare him straight... ;)

generic spam ...found a bunch of old sewing notions that belonged to my Belle Mere and gave them to Karate Princess...she was so excited she actually went into her room and cleaned it for several hours organizing space and belongs to accommodate my Mere's sewing machine and notion cabinet...wonder of all this is she never touched her tablet, i-device, etc for the entire time...

i usually avoid this but - #veryproud :smug:

On ‎27‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 1:58 PM, BB-Rhae said:

I think one of my greatest character flaws is growing too attached to fictional worlds. Feel the irony, obviously, being a lazy coward is my greatest character flaw. But moving past such marginalities as real life, it has become a serious issue that I'm unable to part with a fictional world once the book/movie/television show is over. I become an overly attached viewer during the build up to the endgame. When you know it's not yet over, but the end is near and it will soon be inevitably over. And I want to grab the screen and beg, please please no, please, please let us last another season/another hour/another hundred pages. But it always ends regardless of all my pleas. And I'm like, Nooooo, what will I do with my life now, I love these guys I don't want to let them go *mad plunge for the remote* let's watch it again! But it ends for the second time too and yet again I have little and less clue what to do with my life. Watch it for a third time? What if it ruins it? Not watch it for a third time and just move on and watch another of the seventy billion probably equally good shows/movies out there? Whoa, excuse me, precious, how do we even thinks it is possible for any other show/movie to be anywhere near as good as the one we just finished? Obviously, it's impossible. Hello, why would I cast away the characters that literally have a place in my heart for some random unknown guys who might as well be the most rubbish characters of the whole industry? And yet, if I press repeat and watch it until I'm sick of it, I will only ruin something I love. And then after days of struggle, I finally make up my mind to put it all in a memory box and come back in a couple years to melt on the spot when I do press repeat. The cycle goes on, however, and once again I find myself wondering what the F should I watch now? 

Maybe my greatest character flaw is being indecisive, after all. 

That's not a flaw, it's an asset. Not the most convenient one but a special one. I'm the same but to a lesser extent. My mind spends half the day wandering in fiction, but its easier for me to let go of a show.
Try to think of it like this. When you finish a story, you don't necessarily have to part with it. It's as real as it ever was even a year after you finish, just in your head instead of on your screen. I know that there are dozens of characters that have left their mark on me, and as clichéd as this going to sound, they'll be a part of me no matter what series I'm watching atm. You're putting them on hold, not letting them go. Or rather, you're adding to them even more characters, others that may or may not be as memorable. The best ones won't leave you on matter what or how much you watch or read after them. You're not replacing them, you're giving them company.

23 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

:agree: 

20 hours ago, Mandy said:

Holy crap.  How did I forget about TTTNE?  I haven't been posting but here and there the past few years, but I saw this on the main page and went *OMGfacepalm*

How're things?  I feel like my life is so full of ridiculously annoying BS drama that if I talked about it all I would either (a) sound like I was pandering for sympathy or (b ) annoy myself with how pathetic it all sounds.  So I'll just bullet point real quick to get it off my chest and then go back to trying to pretend this shit isn't happening:

Don't really know you but :grouphug: , I hope it works out for the best.

4 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That's not a flaw, it's an asset. Not the most convenient one but a special one. I'm the same but to a lesser extent. My mind spends half the day wandering in fiction, but its easier for me to let go of a show.
Try to think of it like this. When you finish a story, you don't necessarily have to part with it. It's as real as it ever was even a year after you finish, just in your head instead of on your screen. I know that there are dozens of characters that have left their mark on me, and as clichéd as this going to sound, they'll be a part of me no matter what series I'm watching atm. You're putting them on hold, not letting them go. Or rather, you're adding to them even more characters, others that may or may not be as memorable. The best ones won't leave you on matter what or how much you watch or read after them. You're not replacing them, you're giving them company.

aw. Well said, Mellon nin. That's a nice way to look at it. That they will always be a part of me. And they surely will. Which is indeed a good thing. Well, I'm still lost at what to watch now :lol: 

Archived