What's up with Anguy and Edrik?

dariopatke

10 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

I think we may meet Anguy again given Brienne and Jaime are now with the Kingswood Brotherhood. As for Edric Storm, I think Dany and Tyrion will bump into him in Lys en route to Westeros. 

I think he meant Edric Dayne, last seen with the BWB. And considering that he is unknown by Dany or Tyrion, and that he has zero interest to interact with them (or with Aegon for that matter), there is practically no chance that Edric Storm would meet them aside from sheer dumb luck (or lack of it, considering that either would love nothing more than to see his head on a spike in any reasonable scenario).

2 hours ago, Nyrhex said:

I think he meant Edric Dayne, last seen with the BWB. And considering that he is unknown by Dany or Tyrion, and that he has zero interest to interact with them (or with Aegon for that matter), there is practically no chance that Edric Storm would meet them aside from sheer dumb luck (or lack of it, considering that either would love nothing more than to see his head on a spike in any reasonable scenario).

This is a series full of dumb luck. I think his fate would be that of Adam of Hull.

As for Dayne I think we will see him again. He led a split in the BwB. 

It's becoming apparent that the BWB is a many legged spider.  They may well be transforming from a band of loyalist executing the king's justice to actually becoming revolutionaries.   I don't recall any mention of anyone actually leaving the BWB (while living anyway).   Thoros is obviously unhappy with the group he's with, but he stays and this means something.  There are archers outside River Run, what better place for Anguy to hide in plain sight?   It's not my observation, but it makes a very certain sense if the BWB is planning to make a stand at RR.  Why else have Tom O Sevens in place?   Edric is harder to place as he disappeared with a group of BWB members, which should be telling.   Edric was intimately involved in Beric Dondarion's justice movement and no doubt saw the BWB under this leadership as a secret fellowship of high order knights.   I think he's on a mission rather than simply disillusioned.  It's been posted that he is too young to become the Sword of the Morning or wield Dawn, but I recently reread the chapter where Reek, mutilated hands and all, managed to use a longsword to behead the leader of the IB at Moat Cailin.  As disabled as Reek is portrayed, I'm not sure a 12 or 13 year old boy, trained as a squire, well acquainted with warfare and Lord of Starfall, couldn't be SOTM.   For all that's worth...

"Do you think Sharna might have lemons down in that cellar of hers?" said Anguy to Tom as they watched Lem splash around, cursing. "A Dornish girl once cooked me duck with lemons." He sounded wistful.

I think Anguy went with Edric to Starfall. He's not one to pass up the opportunity for Dornish lemons. 

7 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

"Do you think Sharna might have lemons down in that cellar of hers?" said Anguy to Tom as they watched Lem splash around, cursing. "A Dornish girl once cooked me duck with lemons." He sounded wistful.

I think Anguy went with Edric to Starfall. He's not one to pass up the opportunity for Dornish lemons. 

Ya Edric has to go get that sword and pass it on to someone he deems worthy

1 minute ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

future Duck x Lem pairing confirmed!

Anguy is listed with Edric in the separate from Stoneheart's group in the appendix, so I also think they left together.

(btw, I really like that uneducated commoner Anguy can recognise that while people in the Marches think all dornish are liars, people in Dorne think the same thing about marchers.)

Edric's splinter faction of the Brotherhood is one of the things I'm most excited about, as the possibilities for them are pretty vast. Primary contenders;

-They're planning a rescue operation for Edmure separate from anything Lady Stoneheart has planned for the Freys.

-They're heading to Dorne and will become involved in the Aegon plot en route.

-They're hunting down the Brave Companions group that is heading to Oldtown.

-They going to get Dawn, and Edric feels ready to wield it and wants to rally a much larger group behind his banner.

It could very well be none of these, but I remain pumped.

33 minutes ago, The Mountain That Flies said:

Edric's splinter faction of the Brotherhood is one of the things I'm most excited about, as the possibilities for them are pretty vast. Primary contenders;

-They're planning a rescue operation for Edmure separate from anything Lady Stoneheart has planned for the Freys.

-They're heading to Dorne and will become involved in the Aegon plot en route.

-They're hunting down the Brave Companions group that is heading to Oldtown.

-They going to get Dawn, and Edric feels ready to wield it and wants to rally a much larger group behind his banner.

It could very well be none of these, but I remain pumped.

I don't think there is an actual "Edric's" faction - I mean, he is 13-14 at most, never killed anyone. Don't really see him hunting down anyone or grizzled soldiers and Riverland's peasants listening to him much. Likely he and others separated from LSH and then went their own ways, some, like Anguy, who knew him well and wanted out of war, maybe choose to accompany him back to Dorne.

16 hours ago, Shuvuuia said:

I don't think there is an actual "Edric's" faction - I mean, he is 13-14 at most, never killed anyone. Don't really see him hunting down anyone or grizzled soldiers and Riverland's peasants listening to him much. Likely he and others separated from LSH and then went their own ways, some, like Anguy, who knew him well and wanted out of war, maybe choose to accompany him back to Dorne.

Exactly, it's not like the BwB hasn't split itself before - I think it was agree guts sho went into the Reach to buy food right? And when Arya first encounters them, Harwin and co. Are not with the main group of the BwB.

They probably are not in the Brotherhood Without Banners anymore. After Stoneheart took the leadership, the group is no more protecting the smallfolk and seeking justice, but just assassinating people that LSH think is involved in the Red Wedding. 

Probably Ned took Ser Beric's bones and went to bury them in Blackhaven and returned to Starfall. May be Anguy is with him.

The idea Edric formed his own brotherhood is tempting, a lot of members of the BWB are missing, like Greenbeard and the Mad Huntsman, but while we heard about Beric and Lady Stoneheart in Feast, we heard nothing about a third outlaw leader in the Riverlands. 

3 hours ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

The idea Edric formed his own brotherhood is tempting, a lot of members of the BWB are missing, like Greenbeard and the Mad Huntsman, but while we heard about Beric and Lady Stoneheart in Feast, we heard nothing about a third outlaw leader in the Riverlands. 

Maybe Edric is passing himself off as Beric? Or it's a case of people relying on old information despite being incorrect.

1 hour ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Maybe Edric is passing himself off as Beric? Or it's a case of people relying on old information despite being incorrect.

I doubt a 13 years old boy can pass for a 22 years old man. But grown-up members of the Stoneheart's BwB do pose as Beric - remember, they joke about it in the ASoS epilogue - whose turn it's to be Beric. So ordinary people still believe Beric is alive (and Stoneheart's lover :lol:)

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Exactly, it's not like the BwB hasn't split itself before - I think it was agree guts sho went into the Reach to buy food right? And when Arya first encounters them, Harwin and co. Are not with the main group of the BwB.

well, I think some people did indeed left for good. Some, especially those who are not from the Riverlands, maybe got tired of fighting, some maybe don't like a woman as their leader, and some maybe honestly don't like new ideology and think the bwb should be run differently.

I think Mad huntsman and Greenbeard went to buy food? I imagine their reaction when they return and wtf happened, new boss (although Mad huntsman would probably like Stoneheart)

I looked in AFFC for where it's noted that Edric left the BWB but can't find one.  Where is that mentioned?   Thanks!

edt:  Beric told the Hound that the Mad Huntsman and Greenbeard were sent to the Mander to buy food with the gold they took from him.

After Arya, Gendry and Hotpie were captured by Tom O'7, Angy and Lem they travel around the Riverlands looking for Beric.  Everywhere they go, the three outlaws are known and recognized as part of the BWB by small folk.  The smallfolk are there main means of intel and what is happening in RL.  After they visit the GoHH, Tom and Arya have this conversation:

"If you're their men, why do they hide from you?"
Tom Sevenstrings rolled his eyes at that, but Harwin gave her an answer. "I wouldn't call it hiding, milady, but it's true, Lord Beric moves about a lot, and seldom lets on what his plans are. That way no one can betray him. By now there must be hundreds of us sworn to him, maybe thousands, but it wouldn't do for us all to trail along behind him. We'd eat the country bare, or get butchered in a battle by some bigger host. The way we're scattered in little bands, we can strike in a dozen places at once, and be off somewhere else before they know. And when one of us is caught and put to the question, well, we can't tell them where to find Lord Beric no matter what they do to us." He hesitated. "You know what it means, to be put to the question?"

Archived