[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

2 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

It is difficult to write arcs when continuity is arbitrary and cause & effect are whatever D&D feel the scene requires.

Their writing style is literally the inverse of what GRRM does, they settle on an end point they want and bend/break the narrative/characterisation until they reach it or change their minds again. In comparison George tries to work through things, even when he writes himself into a corner (notably the Meereenese knot). It's all the more bizarre and lazy because the vast majority of the heavy lifting had already been done for them.

Only just noticed your post. You're absolutely right!

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Shae thing was a mistake, a kidnapped prostitute falls in love, they already lost me there. Pile on the rest of the stoopid along with the whitewashing, and it's even worse. They also involved Fansa (at the expense of her own story) in propping up Tyrion via Shae.

And of course the reason they have to backtrack on all of these things, it wasn't a good idea in the first place. You don't change things in a carefully thought out story on a whim, but they do. That was a prime example that they don't plan ahead.

Yes, if only it was better thought through to begin with...

Although I think I'd mind those strange adaptational choices less if they didn't keep shoehorning book plot points into show storylines where they're no longer suited, ie show!Shae betraying Sansa. 

2 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

What I'm trying to say is that while I might not like all the changes on the show, I'd be more mollified if they were CONSISTENT.

Completely agreed.  Changes and, especially, streamlining were absolutely necessary for ASoIaF to be brought to the screen even as, basically, a 10 hours per book format.  It just would have been nice if things really had all been mapped out from the beginning.  But they weren't.  Anyone remember Cercei's beautiful, dark-haired baby boy? :lmao: 

The show is the show, the books are the books mantra becomes unconvincing when the show keeps going back to plot points from the books that don't develop organically on the show because the show changed the preconditions.

Exactly!  Also, completely compartmentalizing the show and books separate from each other will never actually be possible.  The show always has been, is, and always will be an adaptation of the books to a tv series.  And, as such, it will always be completely appropriate to critique it as such.

why all caps? Can't change it? But wtf is this about? 

ETA: it appears all in caps for me! So weird.

https://fansided.com/2016/04/14/game-thrones-tv-guide-magazine/

Bran Stark: With his new training, Bran “can orchestrate resistance to things that are going to happen,” says actor Isaac Hempstead-Wright. He’s doing well in learning from the Three-Eyed Raven, but, according to Hahn, “his ego quickly swells.” There is a top-secret scene, shot in a Belfast soundstage containing the Raven’s lair, which portrays a revelation “sure to break fans’ hearts.”[/b]

•  
  •   

For this years death list this is what ive got:

Roose, F.Walda, Loras, Ramsay, Rickon, Thorne & the nameless black brothers, 75% of the Northern lords, Tormund, Edmure, Blackfish, Hodor, Meera, Osha, Daario, high sparrow and nameless Khal. 

Ser Jaime Lannister: “Jaime’s guilt is immense,” says Coster-Waldau, referring to the death of Jaime and Cersei’s daughter Myrcella. “He loves Cersei. And there’s nothing worse than seeing someone you love in pain. You do what you can to ease it. That’s Jaime’s focus this season. Love and loyalty drive him.” Having lost much of his fighting skill, the gold-handed knight “has to use his intellect this season.” Hahn’s article begins with telling us what to expect from Jaime, and it ends with another teaser for Jaime’s arc. He “armors up for a major journey before he can avenge his daughter and bring glory to his house again.”

oh joy

and I refuse to think about what they mean about Bran

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

oh joy

and I refuse to think about what they mean about Bran

Larry has to use his intellect? But... but... what "intellect" are they referring to, since he's dumber than a bag of hammers? 

Then there's this one, and it's hilarious:

Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen: The first time Dany was in the custody of the Dothraki, she was “scared and sullen,” notes actress Emilia Clarke. “But now she’s evolved as a warrior. She’s got tricks up her sleeve.” Clarke enjoyed the “bare-knuckle” quality of filming Season 6, in contrast to Dany’s comfortable quarters in the Great Pyramid. When asked about getting closer to Westeros, Clarke gives us this much: “She’s not going backward.”

20 minutes ago, Chickren said:

Yes, if only it was better thought through to begin with...

Although I think I'd mind those strange adaptational choices less if they didn't keep shoehorning book plot points into show storylines where they're no longer suited, ie show!Shae betraying Sansa. 

CHICKREN! :)

What do you think of NCW's interview, about Jaime's lurve for Cersei this season? I melted down several pages back, I'm afraid.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/84706/game-of-thrones-season-6-promises-massive-battles-and-violent-struggles/

Just now, Cas Stark said:

?Jamie Lannister is bringing glory to his House again?  WTF? Um, hello?  

Oh who cares, I give up.  So, his season is driven by his love for Carol...alrighty then.

And Bran turns EVUL! And Khaleesi is a WARRIOR! And Sansa is BOSS. ASS. BITCH. 

Awesome, it will be awesome! :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

?Jamie Lannister is bringing glory to his House again?  WTF? Um, hello?  

Oh who cares, I give up.  So, his season is driven by his love for Carol...alrighty then.

That Jaime leak has to be totally true then urggggggggh why do i even let myself get surprised anymore?

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, that's the same link I just posted. Look at the one I posted, it's the original source. Doesn't make it much better, but at least you know what they really said:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/84706/game-of-thrones-season-6-promises-massive-battles-and-violent-struggles/

It says basically the same, Bran ego swells, heartbreaking revelation for fans, Khaleesi is a warrior, and all the rest of the hilarious stuff. Comedy gold, as I said last year. :lol:

47 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Larry has to use his intellect? But... but... what "intellect" are they referring to, since he's dumber than a bag of hammers? 

My thoughts exactly!!           :lmao:            He's a dolt!  

Archived