NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

5 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah agreed.

Lol c'mon Nic you don't hate us that much do you?? ;)

And yeah, he's a beast, no doubt, just wish we could see some playoff brilliance from him. 

No :lol: I actually like Malkin a lot. 

And I begrudgingly admit Crosby is the best player in the world. McDavid is coming for his crown though. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

No :lol: I actually like Malkin a lot. 

And I begrudgingly admit Crosby is the best player in the world. McDavid is coming for his crown though. 

As a player I like Malkin more than Crosby. He plays with fire and shows emotion. Malkin v Ovi circa 2009-2011 seemed extraordinarily heated. Seemed like Ovi made it his goal to take Malkin's head off. People always made it out to be Crosby v Ovi but I think the better matchup/rivalry to watch was the two Russians. Those were fun games. 

As for Crosby/McDavid, yeah it seems as if Crosby will be handing down the crown within the next couple years.

Does it feel like Hockey is the sports where hype pays off the most? Where the Next Big Thing actually turns out to be TNBT more often? It should be basketball, really...and there is definitely some pay off there, but it seems like hockey hype is the most accurate.

My first round predictions:

Caps in 6, the Leafs need more playoff experience if they are going to upset the 2017 Capitals.

Sens in 6, Anderson vs. Rask looks promising, this could be an interesting series.

Habs in 7, a bit weird how the Rangers appear to be stumbling into the playoffs and still get more than 100 points.

Pens in 7, Bobrovsky will be a key player in this series.

Hawks in 6.

Wild in 6.

Ducks in 5.

Sharks in 7... is what I'm hoping for.

Hawks in 6; this seems to be the Preds matchup every year they make it.

Wild in 7

Ducks in 6; wish the Flames would've drawn the Oilers in round 1. 

Oilers in 6

Habs in 6

Bruins in 7

Caps in 5; Will be a fun series to watch as Toronto has a bright future.

Pens in 6

11 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

As deep as the Caps roster is, will this finally be the year where they make it past the second round in the Ovechkin era, yay or nay?

I hope so. I would love for the Devils to have a legit shot at Shattenkirk this summer, and him not feeling the need to chase a Cup would definitely help.

Great 2nd period by the Pens after a brutal 1st.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Murray hurt in the warmups... wow... This dude is brittle. 

I can't even figure out how he possibly pulled something doing what he did. Hope he's not out long, but Fleury has looked great tonight.

Archived