[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

12 hours ago, tmug said:

I thought it was the Iron Borne at first.

I bet the Master's ship count to be...

... yep 1000!

Didn't you know? Bureaucratic regulations and ICC statutes require all fleets to number 1000. No more. No less. Tubby Greyjoy has 1000 ships (surely by now). Badass Bitch Yara and Dickless Theon have a 1000 ships. If they decide to bring the Power Ranger Snakes back into Dany's plot, they'll turn up with a 1000 ships too. Red tape!

I also like that the Faith are now outlawing trial by combat. How does that make a lick of sense? Trial by combat puts the judgement in the gods hands, they give strength to the sword of the man with the just cause. So, the Faith are removing the gods will to put judgement in the hands of, what, a few septons? The opinions of men? Huh? And what's going on with Loras? Didn't Margaery arrange something for him? But now he's having a trial? What?

15 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

You would think someone should tell Tommen that if his mother loses the trial he loses his head

i know, he's playing into the High Septon's hands--right?  Once he gets deposed/killed, there is no one with a rightful claim to the throne.  All the Baratheons are dead.  Faith can step in and claim the throne.

15 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

Didn't you know? Bureaucratic regulations and ICC statutes require all fleets to number 1000. No more. No less. Tubby Greyjoy has 1000 ships (surely by now). Badass Bitch Yara and Dickless Theon have a 1000 ships. If they decide to bring the Power Ranger Snakes back into Dany's plot, they'll turn up with a 1000 ships too. Red tape!

Yup. They will all arrive at about the same time, because who cares about timeframes at this point. After the resulting all out battle, there will be... 999 ships total left for Dany to claim, which is a deal breaker. So right when everything seems lost, Gendry will arrive, rowing the 1000th ship, saving the day. Calling it now.

36 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

brilliant comment.

Is it possible that gendry has found 999 more row boats so he can conform to regulations.

19 minutes ago, Lord Parker said:

Disappointed with the Missandei/Grey Worm/Tyrion joke scene. They could have at least told funny jokes. Why didn't one of them mention D&D? Biggest jokes around.

I would have paid to watch someone do the "best way to kiss a woman" joke to missendei.

Terrible writing, awful acting, lack of logic, plot or character aside...she is pretty hot

22 minutes ago, Follmann said:

Yup. They will all arrive at about the same time, because who cares about timeframes at this point. After the resulting all out battle, there will be... 999 ships total left for Dany to claim, which is a deal breaker. So right when everything seems lost, Gendry will arrive, rowing the 1000th ship, saving the day. Calling it now.

I didn't think that the original comment on 1000 ships could be made better. well done...well done.

Just now, YOVMO said:

I would have paid to watch someone do the "best way to kiss a woman" joke to missendei.

Terrible writing, awful acting, lack of logic, plot or character aside...she is pretty hot

Agreed man, but it sucks that I still can't think of anyone but the little girl Missandei is in the books when watching her. I feel like a pedo just thinking about her, haha.

4 minutes ago, Lord Parker said:

Agreed man, but it sucks that I still can't think of anyone but the little girl Missandei is in the books when watching her. I feel like a pedo just thinking about her, haha.

I notice you say you feel like a pedo thinking about her...confirming that you haven't stopped thinking about her, you are just feeling guilty about it. Mind you, I am not criticizing. I am on the same boat...or, rather, 1000 boats.

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style. 

Good lord.  A stupid as fuck chase in broad daylight through Braavos, wasn't theatrical enough and was the toned down realistic version??  

2 hours ago, Ser Greenseer said:

One thing that REALLY bothered me was Brienne trying to give Oathkeeper back to Jaime even though she KNOWS that sword was made from Ned Stark's sword. Why the hell would she want to give it back to Jaime instead of the Stark children she is sworn to protect?

Another thing that pissed me off too but I forgot to mention in the sea of shit that was this episode. Good call.

7 hours ago, Gargarax said:

- Why didn't Beric ask about Arya? Seriously, did they forget how Clegane left the last time they saw him?

Would Beric know about the Hound and Arya?  They released the Hound (no pun intended) and then Arya ran away; I'm not sure the brotherhood would even know that the Hound picked her up.

I didn't think I could be more disappointed after last week when they felt the need to change Meribald's near-perfect "broken man" speech.  Then they, for similarly inexplicable reasons, had to butcher Jaime's near-perfect dialogue with Edmure.  Why?

The scene with the Hound and the Brotherhood was the highlight, and still not particularly strong.

Meereen?  Worthless.

Arya?  I just can't even.  Her wounds might have miraculously healed, but mine are too fresh.

1 hour ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

It's not big and it's not clever.

On the basis of your epic name, avatar and signature line I am compelled to agree with you about everything.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style. 

Good lord.  A stupid as fuck chase in broad daylight through Braavos, wasn't theatrical enough and was the toned down realistic version??  

In the original she drove the batmobile and engaged the motorcycle. Then, along with Mira Harker, Mr. Hyde, Allan Quatermain and Billy the Kid blew up most of Braavos.

Archived