(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

11 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Arrow to the eye,, hahahaha

umm I know it was for dramatic effect but why did Jon's soldiers not shoot Ramsey when he was firing arrows at Jon?

Because as Davos said, their arrows wouldn't go that far. Rickon was only halfway across the field. When Ramsay's army started firing, the arrows were going in the middle of the field. It would have been a waste of time/arrows. Unless Wun Wun had done it.

I'm referring to the scene inside of winterfell

Just now, Arya Gendry said:

Because as Davos said, their arrows wouldn't go that far. Rickon was only halfway across the field. When Ramsay's army started firing, the arrows were going in the middle of the field. It would have been a waste of time/arrows. Unless Wun Wun had done it.

Just now, SerMixalot said:

SOOOO Sandra wanted Rickon to be killed so she can claim Winterfell, right?

That is exactly what I got. She wanted Jon and Rickon dead so she wouldn't have any competition. I figured that's why she didn't tell Jon about the Vale army, which would have held his charge, which could have saved Rickon.

58 minutes ago, SixFeetUnder said:

Everyone seems to be missing this. 

Ramsey wouldn't come out and fight against the vale army. He wasn't that stupid. So if Sansa would have told Jon about the vale, he would have waited. And there would have been a long seige. And Sansa told Jon not to do the predictable. And she didn't. The only way to draw Ramsey out of the castle was to entice him with the windlings.  

I can't wait for the books..........

Decent point, but it fails to answer how the hell Ramsay missed the foreign Vale army at Moat Cailin? Considering he's fighting Sansa, shouldn't he have been suspicious of it? Wouldn't that be a huge problem if Moat Cailin was held by foreign armies? Wasn't Moat Cailin garrisoned by Bolton men in season 5? Scouts/Ravens/routed men from Moat Cailin didn't arrive at Winterfell to tell Ramsay that there was an army 20,000 strong there? How did Littlefinger pass all that terrain from Moat Cailin to outside Winterfell and have his movements be concealed?

None of those questions can be answered. Instead, the show expects that the audience just accept the scene as is and forgive the logical inconsistencies. That is the major flaw here and why I do not accept any outside explanations of the scene.

Just now, SerMixalot said:

I'm referring to the scene inside of winterfell

Ahhh...I wondered the same thing, but aside from obvious dramatic effect, I figured they knew that Jon wanted Ramsay for himself. I'll admit, it was much more satisfying watching Jon bash his face in rather than get shot by 50 bearded extras. My main peeve is how was Ramsay able to talk after that? Not one broken tooth?

2 minutes ago, DarkerStar said:

When Brienne told the Blackfish that they were fighting for Sansa's claim to the North I knew Rickon was a goner.

Yup. It wasn't Rickon's claim, it wasn't the Stark claim, it wasn't even Jon's claim. It was Sansa's claim and Petyr is happy as a pig in shit right now.

2 minutes ago, Mikeygigs said:

Decent point, but it fails to answer how the hell Ramsay missed the foreign Vale army at Moat Cailin? Considering he's fighting Sansa, shouldn't he have been suspicious of it? Wouldn't that be a huge problem if Moat Cailin was held by foreign armies? Wasn't Moat Cailin garrisoned by Bolton men in season 5? Scouts/Ravens/routed men from Moat Cailin didn't arrive at Winterfell to tell Ramsay that there was an army 20,000 strong there? How did Littlefinger pass all that terrain from Moat Cailin to outside Winterfell and have his movements be concealed?

None of those questions can be answered. Instead, the show expects that the audience just accept the scene as is and forgive the logical inconsistencies. That is the major flaw here and why I do not accept any outside explanations of the scene.

I could kiss you.

Also since it sounded good when i wrote it

This whole mistrust was invented to make Sansa seem the hero instead of putting her and Jon at the same level. It makes little sense that she could distrust Jon so fully once they are camped and ready for battle. He isn't going to uproot and take the wildlings back home and Tormund and Davos would probably advise against it anyway. 

He's not going to switch sides suddenly.

Do you know what would have been a better scene? A better empowerment of Sansa? Her meeting secrelty with Robin and convincing him to bring his army north without the heed of Littlefinger.

Then after the parlay with Ramsey she tells Jon what is coming and why it is coming.

Tada Sansa manipulated the game in her favor and didn't needlessly kill thousands of potential supporters on the basis that her relative might switch sides or do something stupid.

This may be a stupid question, but how do we know that Sansa knew the Vale would actually show up? Obviously the Raven was to Littlefinger, but I don't recall a reply. I think we're supposed to believe that Sansa didn't tell Jon they were coming because she didn't know that for certain. 

The thing is, the Northerners did not and do not want Sasna. She is tarnished, she married a Lannister (did not have a choice) but she married a Bolton (by choice or not) and when she ran away, all hell broke loose and who ever did not die for Robb, fought and died almost to the man for Jon who actually bled and was all but killed to make sure Sansa would not be abused by Ramsay and his entire Army.

LF is the real one in control and he will offer Sansa his backing and the backing of the last army standing to make her Queen so long as he can be her husband/Queen. Of course she will accept. Jon will have to flee to the Wall to survive. Davos too, if he is not outright killed.

Ok -  I always hated Sansa (in the show) especially since the ending of season 3 and even more since season 4 - but now I think she really is the most self-centered & egoistic person in Westeros. An evil boss ass bitch who doesn't give a shit about her little brother - and the 2000something soldiers her halfbrother gathered rather with difficulties.

I just rewatched the episode and realized I missed a bit of dialogue between Jon and Sansa:

Jon:"...how do we get Rickon back?" Sansa: "We will never get him back..."

This is what I understand: Right, he is a lost cause anyway - why do we even care about our little brother? A probably scared little boy who is in the hands of a creepy sadist who likes to flay people.....we can't help him anymore - we are just here to have revenge for my sake... me me me me - this is all we should care about.....

I know she was mistreated by Ramsay and had a very hard time - but giving up on her little brother is cruel!

She is just awful - I bet she learned all this niceness from Littlefinger - in her brief period of what - maybe three weeks in the Vale?

And all her bloody rubbish about "I lived with him. I KNOW THE WAY HIS MIND WORKS.....I might have some insight...!?!"

What?!! Since when? Where from?

As far as show-Sansa was presented over the last 2 seasons - she got married to Ramsay and after that she was more or less locked up in her/their bedroom with only Theon to talk to - and of course the old Northern-Resistance lady who got flayed after once offering to help. That's pretty much it, right!?! How does she know so much about Ramsay, his mind when it comes to dealing with enemy armies and his battle tactics all of a sudden? I don't think he shared much of his plans or opinions with her during their marriage....

Just now, Arya Gendry said:

This may be a stupid question, but how do we know that Sansa knew the Vale would actually show up? Obviously the Raven was to Littlefinger, but I don't recall a reply. I think we're supposed to believe that Sansa didn't tell Jon they were coming because she didn't know that for certain. 

See that I would be okay with. Even then she could even tell Jon that. 

The whole not telling Jon relies heavily on her not trusting Jon. Which just seems so strange to me.

Also it would have taken away from Sansa.. but having the vale show up with her at the head or with LF would have supported this more.

Archived