Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

6 minutes ago, Cron said:

I too was surprised by Jon banishing Melisandre.

I've got a feeling she's gonna boomerang back at him.

I think she's gonna join Dany, AKA the Real Azor Ahai. And she's in luck because Dany's currently accepting R'hllor resumes. 

Oh, and since we know the Brotherhood is heading North, I guess Thoros is gonna fill that Mel-shaped hole in Jon's life. 

Tommen committing suicide was a huge shock for me, never thought he would do that.

Next moment for me was Arya killing the Frey, never saw that coming, it was really awesome, i hated him so much since the Red wedding. The only thing is I thought she couldn´t use the faces because she had left, i dont know, i guess i dont understand well how that works.

The Dario thing. Everything else was well known months ago. D&D fixed one plot hole that would have been created with Dany leaving Mareen quickly after the siege, but created another. Who is going to lead the 100.000 dothraki ground forces?

5 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

Tommen committing suicide was a huge shock for me, never thought he would do that.

Next moment for me was Arya killing the Frey, never saw that coming, it was really awesome, i hated him so much since the Red wedding. The only thing is I thought she couldn´t use the faces because she had left, i dont know, i guess i dont understand well how that works.

Good stuff.

Yeah, there's been some question about whether Arya can do the face changing on her own, and it looks like, sure enough, she can.

I wonder just how many Freys she crossed off.

Nothing really? I mean I was thinking before the episode who was going to die in the Sept... Margaery was on the list of possible, so how can I say it surprised me?? The way Tommen died was a little surprising. I was thinking either he gets to the sept by surprise or the fire spreads too much and burns the castle ... when I saw he made it, suicide immediately came to mind.

I was really surprised by seeing Martell and Tyrell ships in Dany's fleet.... was expecting her to leave for Westeros, but also having ships from them?? why not expect her on land?? Is she going to KL directly??

OH edit: Melisandre being banished... didn't see that coming. I thought she was either being killed (maybe even Nissa Nissa like) or simply pardoned.

3 minutes ago, Cron said:

Good stuff.

Yeah, there's been some question about whether Arya can do the face changing on her own, and it looks like, sure enough, she can.

I wonder just how many Freys she crossed off.

well its a huge advantage for her to be able to do it,i think she got 3 of them, the father and two sons. Loved it!

7 minutes ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

I agree Margery with all of the Tyrells (minus QoT) dying was the least predictable thing in the episode. Won't happen like that in the books.

I don't know, the show has treated the Tyrell characters very poorly... they don't appear for long skips and say s4 and s5 they don't even appear in the final 3 episode stretch, even when they're imprisoned.  That's why I expected them all to be on the chopping block at the same time.  I was SURPRISED they wrote QoT out of there...she is the female Tywin.

All the Tyrells will die in the books too I think, it's just that the books have more of them.

I was really surprised by how Cersei dealt with Tommen's body. She said he should be buried with his siblings and grandfather, but decided to have him burned and his ashes buried under the sept. It kind of seems like she didn't hold him to the same standard after what he did and he betrayed the Lannister family.

Shame he never found out he was an incest babe.

2 hours ago, bb1180 said:

I kept hoping she'd manage to get out of there at the last second,  but unfortunately...she got vaporized.  I liked her,  and not just because she was so damn hot.  

So did I ! Tommen stunned me, I had to pause it for a second, it was horribly tragic.

4 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I don't know, the show has treated the Tyrell characters very poorly... they don't appear for long skips and say s4 and s5 they don't even appear in the final 3 episode stretch, even when they're imprisoned.  That's why I expected them all to be on the chopping block at the same time.  I was SURPRISED they wrote QoT out of there...she is the female Tywin.

All the Tyrells will die in the books too I think, it's just that the books have more of them.

Oh yeah they'll die for sure. But I doubt it'll go down like that. I thought there would be more build up or foreshadowing to them getting killed. It felt a little contrived the way they were not allowed  to leave. Everything else had quite a bit of foreshadowing. The Rat king and the Frey's the fact that we knew Arya was coming back and the Frey's had been reintroduced I saw that coming a mile off. Tommen committing suicide made perfect sense. Cersi completing the goal of the Lannisters since before Roberts rebellion. All the other stuff was coming the Tyrells as major show characters getting caught up with everyone else in a fire ball was the one thing that I didn't see coming, it seemed a bit underwhelming for their status on the show. Lancel and Pycelle got a bigger send off and they have been minor characters for ages. 

And the most ironic thing about all the events concerning Cersei in Episode 610?

Cersei inadvertently set it all in motion when she allowed the Faith Militant to remain in King's Landing, and then armed them to boot.

Oh, and I was also surprised when Gregor took off his helmet.

I didn't see that coming at all.

i figured that guy would never take off his helmet.  I wasn't even sure he COULD, I thought maybe Qyburn welded it to his head with dark magic or something.

HARRR!!!!

44 minutes ago, Timett sonof Timett is God said:

she's his plaything, it was rape. at least they didn't show it this time.

No, Clegane is zombie. He has no need of the pleasures of the flesh. But he would need to eat though. She was probably given to him as a kind of food hamper. If he ate a bit at a time, her death would be slow.

4 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

One big shock wasn't what happened, but what DIDN'T happen. Jon, Sansa et al never went into the crypts with Rickon. All that speculation about what they might find and nothing...

I never got that speculation. Ned was not the guy who plants hidden clues. 

20 minutes ago, wabino said:

I was really surprised by how Cersei dealt with Tommen's body. She said he should be buried with his siblings and grandfather, but decided to have him burned and his ashes buried under the sept. It kind of seems like she didn't hold him to the same standard after what he did and he betrayed the Lannister family.

No, that was one of the coolest lines in the show.  She just blew up the Sept where Tywin, Joffrey, and Myrcella were buried, so burning Tommen and adding his ashes *is* burying him with them.  She wasn't just writing off Tommen, she was writing off her entire family (other than Jaime), which is pretty much par for her course.

41 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

I think she's gonna join Dany, AKA the Real Azor Ahai. And she's in luck because Dany's currently accepting R'hllor resumes. 

Oh, and since we know the Brotherhood is heading North, I guess Thoros is gonna fill that Mel-shaped hole in Jon's life. 

She believes Jon to be Azor Ahai though. She won't change her mind in a snit just because he banished her, she would continue working for his interests, but just down in the south and without his knowledge.

Archived