BryndenBFish

The Ultimate Winds of Winter Resource

248 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Regular John Umber said:

Sure, why not. This is who we are now.

A wait of over 5 years can do this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. I feel sorry for us, and amused by us at once. 

Any snippet, however vague and unfounded would do me right now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone on reddit says, we're like Stannis, starving, waiting... :D

I so hope this is true. I can hardly bear to think on it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently visited GRRM "Not A Blog" and found this conversation betweeen him and a User:

User:

"Good to hear you enjoyed the Con and KC. Epic parties sound perfect!! Is there any chance you will attend "Con of Thrones" in Nashville next June/July?? Attending my 1st Con there next year, how perfect to see the man who wrote my favorite saga."

 

GRRM:

"Afraid not. I am not taking on any new cons until I finish WINDS... just worldcons (of course) and appearances I have already committed to (often years ago) like Tucson and Mexico."

 

Note, that the Guy asked if he will visit "Con of Thrones" on June/July 2017!!!

GRRM Response is that he won't, because he won't visit any convention until WINDS is finished. So either I misunderstand GRRM, or he doesn't get WINDS finished before June/July 2017!.

 

 

Edited by T and A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crixus said:

As someone on reddit says, we're like Stannis, starving, waiting... :D

Pray harder (c) Stannis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Pray harder (c) Stannis

Lol thats a good one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T and A said:

I recently visited GRRM "Not A Blog" and found this conversation betweeen him and a User:

User:

"Good to hear you enjoyed the Con and KC. Epic parties sound perfect!! Is there any chance you will attend "Con of Thrones" in Nashville next June/July?? Attending my 1st Con there next year, how perfect to see the man who wrote my favorite saga."

 

GRRM:

"Afraid not. I am not taking on any new cons until I finish WINDS... just worldcons (of course) and appearances I have already committed to (often years ago) like Tucson and Mexico."

 

Note, that the Guy asked if he will visit "Con of Thrones" on June/July 2017!!!

GRRM Response is that he won't, because he won't visit any convention until WINDS is finished. So either I misunderstand GRRM, or he doesn't get WINDS finished before June/July 2017!.

I think he's just saying that he also won't commit to new dates until TWoW is finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wayward Sand Star said:

I think he's just saying that he also won't commit to new dates until TWoW is finished.

Yes, but the fact that he put it like that implies that he is making somewhat decent progress, and isn't just stuck somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ser Arthur Hightower said:

Yes, but the fact that he put it like that implies that he is making somewhat decent progress, and isn't just stuck somewhere.

I got the exact opposite feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T and A said:

GRRM Response is that he won't, because he won't visit any convention until WINDS is finished. So either I misunderstand GRRM, or he doesn't get WINDS finished before June/July 2017!

No, he will not commit to any new dates until TWoW is done. If he finishes TWoW in say four months, he might look at doing some more cons or something. But I get the impression GRRM may not also want to do a massive signing tour this time around that costs him months of work on ADoS (something he noted happened on ADWD with regards to TWoW).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

I got the exact opposite feeling.

Me as well, I can't read that as anything other than he doesn't think he will finish before summer 2017. This book is not coming out in 2017 either...geeze lol

Cyberpunk probably won't be out that year either...damnit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to predict when this book will be out is almost impossible. No one was expecting the ADWD announcement to happen when it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sifth said:

Trying to predict when this book will be out is almost impossible. No one was expecting the ADWD announcement to happen when it did.

I don't feel like ADWD had the same holding breath experience that Winds does. Feast was essentially half of a book, and we all knew the problem he had and that the book might come out soon after he solved it. Winds...well, Dance was not a complete novel was it? Winds will have the conclusions to major set ups in Dance, the timeline will merge back together and we will get back to a complete story.

Don't get me wrong. I log onto this site once or twice a day whilst bored at work, but otherwise, Winds doesn't sit in my mind anymore, I am far more anticipating Cyberpunk 2077, and I can only focus on one major anticipation at a time heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the manuscript is probably finished, but it could take months for editors and correctors to complete the work. Probably some chapters would be put aside for ADoS etc. It's wholla lotta of work to prepare a manuscript for publication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I guess the manuscript is probably finished, but it could take months for editors and correctors to complete the work. Probably some chapters would be put aside for ADoS etc. It's wholla lotta of work to prepare a manuscript for publication.

Editing this series has got to be a nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I guess the manuscript is probably finished, but it could take months for editors and correctors to complete the work. Probably some chapters would be put aside for ADoS etc. It's wholla lotta of work to prepare a manuscript for publication.

Doesn't GRRM send in chapters for editing as soon as they are finished? IRRC that is the case for TWoW, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

Editing this series has got to be a nightmare. 

Pfftt! If only I could convince GRRM to send me that manuscript, I would gladly edit it for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now