Favorite POV in each book?

coolsaladgirl93

59 minutes ago, INCBlackbird said:

AFFC:

1.       Cersei 2. Jaime 3. Brienne

Agree, seeing the same situation from Cersei's perspective and then seeing Jaime making fun of her and laughing at how ridiculous and dumb she is being is very enjoyable.  

AGOT: Ned

ACOK: Arya

ASOS: Arya and Jaime

ADWD: Jon and Tyrion 

AGOT: Eddard. I really loved the character and it's truly a shame he had to die. I really enjoyed getting a peak inside his head, and I liked it even more after going back for my re-read.

ACOK: Just finished this a week or two ago. Hard to pinpoint exactly, but perhaps Tyrion.

ASOS: Jon, definitely. This was his more eventful book yet, and he really shines in it. From the conflict between him and Ygritte to the battle to the wall, to being offered his legitimacy by Stannis... it was just over all very good.

AFFC: The various Ironborn POV's stood out to me more than the other characters in this one.

ADWD: Hard to say. I really enjoyed Bran and Tyrion.

AGOT: would be either Jon or Ned, but I'll go with Ned. He was a nice fellow.

ACOK: Tyrion or Theon. Tyrion as Hand was one of the most satisfying things and likely some of the small amounts of justice we've been granted. Meanwhile Theon's taking of Winterfell and his paranoid behavior gave me chills. 

ASOS: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DECIDE? Jaime or Arya or Jon. I choose Jaime because giving him a POV made a turning point in everyone's minds and made us better spectators to his change.

AFFC: Easily Brienne. I love her trip thtough the Riverlands, the tales of her companions and her inner thoughts and feelings as she hardly expresses them (+ bonus LS and BWB what more can I ask for).

ADWD: Davos or Theon. Both character we more or less thought for dead. I am once more enchanted by a POV travelling around Westeros (Davos in Sisterton is one of my favourite chapters, the atmosphere is great) but Theon's half-mad musings in his later chapters were the most interesting, tragic and generally heart-breaking thing to read, accompanied by a murder mystery, a conspiracy and a hooded man :ph34r:

Honorary mentions: Areo and Bran (minus his journey to BR's cave)

AGOT: Tyrion and Ned  

ACOK: Tyrion, Arya, Bran

ASOS: LOL too much going on in this book, how can I choose? *clear throat* OK Jaime, Arya, Tyrion, and maybe Jon 

AFFC: Arya, Cersei (paranoia is a new entertainment), Jaime, Sansa (miraculously she grew on me A LOT), and maybe Sam

ADWD: Reek/ Theon, Bran, The Blind Girl  

GOT

1. Daenerys 2. Catelyn 3. Eddard

COK

1. Tyrion 2. Catelyn 3. Sansa

SOS

1. Sansa 2. Tyrion 3. Daenerys

FFC

1. Cersei 2. Jaime 3. Arya/Arianne (it's difficult to decide)

DWD

1. Theon 2. Arya 3. Cersei

Generally I like most characters. The only ones I find difficult to read are Tyrion (GOT and DWD), Jon (COK), Arya (SOS) and Jon Connighton.

That's pretty easy for me:

Game: Ned.

Clash: Davos. Honorary mention to Sansa chapters, I wish they were more in the middle part of the book.

Storm: Arya, although Tyrion's chapters are a VERY close second.

Feast: Cersei. Arya's are a very close second because I love the Braavos storyline so much but the humour of Cersei's crazy is just too entertaining.

Dance: Jon. I was actually pretty surprised by this, I always forget how much story is packed in those. The Theon ones are the best written but because the sadness and horror are so well written so they make me feel bummed.

AGOT: 1. Ned, 2. Tyrion, 3. Arya

ACOK: 1. Tyrion, 2. Theon, 3. Arya and Sansa pretty much tied up

ASOS: 1. Tyrion, 2. Sansa, 3. Can't decide, Jaime, Catelyn and Jon are all so great

AFFC: 1. Cersei, 2. Jaime, 3. Alayne

ADWD: 1. Theon, 2. Davos, 3. Barristan - was really tough to decide here, many characters have some great chapters and some chapters who are kind of boring so I couldn't include them (Tyrion's chapters are very good (almost on Theon level) until he gets captured by Jorah and meets Penny, Dany had some very good chapters but overall her storyline was a bit to stretched) and I also find it hard to include characters who have only like 1 or 2 chapters, even if they were great (Victarion, Asha, Melisandre, Cersei, Kevan, Griff).

• 2 weeks later...

AGOT - 1. Eddard, 2. Dany (for the last few of her chapters)

ACOK - 1. Arya, 2. Tyrion, 3. Sansa

ASOS - 1. Sansa, 2. Jaime, 3. Catelyn, 4. Jon, 5. Arya (this is such a great book that there are a bunch of POVs I love, almost every one is my favorite)

AFFC - 1. Sansa, 2. Cersei 3. Jaime 4. Brienne

ADWD - 1. Theon 2. Bran 3. Jon

AGOT: 1. Arya 2. Daenerys 3. Bran. This book has a lot of good good chapters and I've also enjoyed Ned's chapters a lot.

ACOK: 1. Tyrion 2. Catelyn 3. Daenerys and Jon. I think that Clash is an interesting book, but I don't like it as much as some of the others, still it has many interesting chapters. 

ASOS: 1. Jon 2. Jaime 3. Catelyn and Daenerys. It's really hard to choose in this book and the Epiloge was also fantastic. 

AFFC: 1. Jaime 2. Arianne Martell 3. Arya (probably an unpopular opinion, but I like her chapters in Bravos more than her chapters in the Riverlands).

ADWD: 1. Jon 2. Theon 3. Asha. Dance is my 2nd favorite book of the series and it has so many good chapters. The Epiloge and the Prologe were also really good. 

Sometimes I like characters, but I don't enjoy their chapters for example I'm a big fan of Jon and Arya, but I don't like Jon's chapters in AGOT or Arya's in ACOK that much. On the other hand I don't like Tyrion as a character, but I find most of his chapters interesting. 

AGoT - Eddard and Catelyn : both are great in the opening book. Eddard leads the first book, but Catelyn is all over, the Vale, traveling, Whispering Wood, King's Landing. 

ACoK - Catelyn and Jon : I like Catelyn's travels again and the Renly and Robb and Brienne storylines in her chapters. Jon's travels beyond the wall are excellent.

ASoS - Daenerys, Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Jamie : Sorry, I could not pick. So much was good in this book. Jon and Ygritte, Wildlings, and turning his cloak. Daenerys invades Astapor, defeats Yunkai, and smashes Meereen. I like Arya's travels around the Riverlanrs and the BwB and the Hound. Tyrion is just for the end of the book, the fight with between the Viper and the Mountain and the killing of Tywin Lannister. Jamie has the most growth in this book and love his character arc.

AFfC - Brienne : Yep just one because I really like Brienne's chapters in this book. I love how Martin shows the reaults of war and I also love Brienne's personal battle within herself to be okay with who she is.

ADwD - Barristan and Theon : I would have written more like I did for Swords but these two are so good they deserve the title on their own (Honerable Mention : Jon, Davos, and Bran). Theon has the best character arc in the whole series, and I love how Martin used the headings to play with the character. He also has interesting things going on around him. I for one like the Meerenese plot line. Before you all throw me down to sacrifice me to the old gods, I like the politics of it and I think its deeper than at least some fans are willing to go. I did not include Daenerys (although I liked her chapters) because it gets more interesting after she takes off. Barristan's chapters had me on the edge of my seat..every single one.

Overall - Catelyn and Jon : They are my favorite characters to follow overall. Someone like Brienne or Bran might fight there way in after the next book though.

Archived