Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

1 hour ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Hey I'm all for them adding more to their supposed relationship, I'm just still a lil doubtful since we have so little episode this season and things need to happen.

These episode are supposed to be longer or not? A lot of content so maybe they'll longer and afford it.

1 hour ago, MoIaF said:

Here are some samples of the show's connections between Jon and Dany: http://oadara.tumblr.com/search/Epic+rewatch

And here is a nice video talking about the imagery of the show and how it connect Jon and Dany:

Interesting video. I have to say never picked up on these symbols, imaginery. I love these kind of videos when people go into details and connect things. Really appreciate this.

23 minutes ago, principenoprometido said:

Biologically Daenerys / Jon are more related than two normal brothers because of all incest targaryen over hundreds of years share 44% of their genes more or less is without doubt the worst incest, if fanservice is the jonerys / TWILIGHT seventh season.

We don't even know if she or cannot have a children or if they'll have. So these talks about biological aspect are moot. It's not worse than Cersei and Jaime from biological or when it comes to laws. Brother and sister or parent and kid is a incest. Jon and Dany is not even considered incest, just like Jon and Sansa or Arya.

It's a question if they grew up or not because  when you think of someone as your sister or brother and all of sudden you're cousins. It's not like you see this person all of sudden differently. You were raised as siblings, even if you're not. This is where I can't see Jon falling in love but maybe I don't know him that well and he will. And they'll be endgame, who knows. Never say never in Game of Thrones world.

You keep saying fanservice but you don't even know what fan service means. It's situation, relationship that comes out of nowhere which would be more to Jon and Sansa. I don't have anything against people wanting Jon and Sansa together but we got plenty of hints for Jon and Dany or Arya in the books. To say Jon and Dany or Arya is fanservice is inaccurate.

3 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

I know right? But I have this theory that this ship exists because of Kit and Sophie's chemistry on screen. Before season 6, I never saw so many people rooting for them, so I really think that this is more about the actors than the characters.

We know Kit and Emilia have a really close friendship (so close that some people believe that they dated), so maybe with Jon and Dany happening, people will get over Jonsa.

I used to think it was going to be Jon and Dany. I never associated Jon with Sansa until I saw this last season. However, I do see it now. Also, I don't think it was actor chemistry. These are good actors. Kit was nominated for an Emmy.  I think the show was presenting this pairing to us mainly because of the numerous camera shots, some of the conversation, and interaction. The show swears that Jonsa is not coming. Too many  people caught on to Jon/Sansa for it to be all "in our minds".  I think that if they didn't mean to go with Jon/Sansa , then they were at least playing with the idea to throw us off of Dany/Jon. Jon/Dany is okay with me, but I don't find it very interesting. There is a lot worse with these leaks that I do find upsetting. Also,  I really got the feeling from this last season that most people don't want to pair Jon with anyone. Sansa took a lot of heat last season because of her relationship with Jon, and I think that Dany is going to get the same scrutiny this season. 

21 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I used to think it was going to be Jon and Dany. I never associated Jon with Sansa until I saw this last season. However, I do see it now. Also, I don't think it was actor chemistry. These are good actors. Kit was nominated for an Emmy.  I think the show was presenting this pairing to us mainly because of the numerous camera shots, some of the conversation, and interaction. The show swears that Jonsa is not coming. Too many  people caught on to Jon/Sansa for it to be all "in our minds".  I think that if they didn't mean to go with Jon/Sansa , then they were at least playing with the idea to throw us off of Dany/Jon. Jon/Dany is okay with me, but I don't find it very interesting. There is a lot worse with these leaks that I do find upsetting.  I really got the feeling from this last season that most people don't want to pair Jon with anyone. Sansa took a lot of heat last season because of her relationship with Jon, and I think that Dany is going to get the same scrutiny this season. 

People are tired of Jon and Dany. Too cliche, predictable and all that. A lot of people hate that.

Some shoots were strange or alluding to it. I picked up on it too and talked about it during that season in one of the threads about it. Ghost of Someone started that thread but I don't know the name. Conversations not so much besides them talking in the tent but Jon was acting too much like Ned, trying to protect everyone. But a lot of it is down to Kit and Sophie but maybe Jon and Sansa are endgame. Jon and Dany will be before that.

For one, I can't see Jon falling in love with a known relative member, which is why Dany is intriguing, because they don't they're related. Once that is out of the hat, then it could be that Jon ends it, both do it or he'll be fine. Also there is this SanSan element D&D speaked about during the course of the show and it seems he won't be seeing her until season 8. It needs to be aressed. They purposely omitted Hound in conversation between Sansa and Brienne last season.

But if they want to go Jon and Sansa romntic route, then why to send Jon bonding with Dany?

To expand a bit what MoIaF wrote about applying our modern values to GRRM's worlds: 

Sure Dany + Jon is sounds gross when we apply our modern values to the story and Jon+ Sansa or Jon + Arya sounds also gross, but it seems like relationships between cousins or between aunt and nephew are accepted by the people of Westeros, as weird as this may seem to us.

I would like to point out that many other relationships sound gross when we apply our modern standards.

Many people ship Sansa with Sandor, but in the books Sansa is currently 14 and Sandor around 30. How would you judge such a relationship if it occured in our world? I'm pretty sure most of us would refer to Sandor as a pedophile and hope that he get's convicted and send to prison. 

Some people who believe that Lyanna ran away with Rhaegar voluntarily see their relationship as a romantic lovestory, but Lyanna was still a teenager by our modern standards. 

Even Yrgitte + Jon would be illegal under the consent laws of quite a few countries. 

As gross as some of these relationships may sound in our eyes the people of Westeros have different values than we do and would accept most of these relationships. 

I'm not saying that we should be in favour of such relationships in our world, but we also need to accept that Martin has created a world were these things are socially acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Bear Claw said:

I used to think it was going to be Jon and Dany. I never associated Jon with Sansa until I saw this last season. However, I do see it now. Also, I don't think it was actor chemistry. These are good actors. Kit was nominated for an Emmy.  I think the show was presenting this pairing to us mainly because of the numerous camera shots, some of the conversation, and interaction. The show swears that Jonsa is not coming. Too many  people caught on to Jon/Sansa for it to be all "in our minds".  I think that if they didn't mean to go with Jon/Sansa , then they were at least playing with the idea to throw us off of Dany/Jon. Jon/Dany is okay with me, but I don't find it very interesting. There is a lot worse with these leaks that I do find upsetting. Also,  I really got the feeling from this last season that most people don't want to pair Jon with anyone. Sansa took a lot of heat last season because of her relationship with Jon, and I think that Dany is going to get the same scrutiny this season. 

People actually asked Sophie about Jonsa during the last Comic Con and she was kinda rude, basically joking about killing D&D if they ever write anything romantic between Jonsa lmao

I hate Jon and Sansa and I can't believe so many fans ship them together ( which I think it's because Kit and Sophie look good together).  There are no clues in the books that I saw.  All the clues point to Jon and Arya and sort of Jon and Dany. I have no idea if D and D will keep the end pairing that george plans for the books in the show. It sounds like they are going off what fans want to end the show quicker instead of what the books will be. I know they say they will end the show like how the books will supposedly end but I get the feeling the show will have a different ending. Just a feeling I have but I might be being too pessimistic at the moment. 

Sorry but I don't think the show has given us many Jon/Dany hints. Call those parallels and many other unrelated things as hints just like you want, because for me, I didn't see any, except for the season 6 finale (the best way to make an alliance is with marriage). In fact, I hated the idea of Jon/Dany happening, because I thought it just came out of nowhere. Just like my friend (casual viewer) she ships Jonerys because she likes Dany and Jon as characters and just want them to be together because they will look so badass and cool. I mean, just what a bullshit. They have never interract with each other, so how the hell she ships them? I hate that idea.

But I must admit, GRRM did give us so many hints about Jon/Dany thing in his books, which I found out later because I read the books after watch the show. First I found it unbelievable and began to be in denial state, but not for so long. Whether I like it or not, those hints are written there and nothing can change that. And now with all those leaked photos, well, yeah, okay. It's okay I'm okay. It's only hurting if I keep denying them happening.

However, I still do think we won't get any happy ending from their union. Because yeah, it's GRRM world.

FYI, I shipped Jon/Ygritte first (because of TV Show), not really like Jon/Val sorry, Jon/Arya and Jon/Robb are my broTPs, but Jon/Sansa, ugh I wonder where the hell did this idea even come from because it's definitely pure crackship, no matter how hard I try to find their hint in the books and in the show, I find none of it. Because Sophie is pretty and hot af and she deserves handsome man? Just go to hell. However, I like the idea SanSan happening because of the books (very little the show did can convince to like it).

The thing that annoys me most (YMMV) is that by making Cersei-Jaime true lurve and not pathological narcissism on one side/blind addiction on the other, by removing Cersei as a virago who slept with "Lancel, the Kettleblacks, and Moonboy for all I know," the show has dramatically altered the story. Jaime has no moment of truth. Cersei is just a slightly overinvested Tiger Mom, instead of someone who uses what she has to get what she wants.

I'm really watching these spoilers and laughing. Seaaon 7 is going to be a riot.

7 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I'm not saying that we should be in favour of such relationships in our world, but we also need to accept that Martin has created a world were these things are socially acceptable. 

Basically everything discribed in ASOIAF would be unacceptable according to modern standards. It is interesting that people turn a blind eye on one thing, because it's fantasy, but don't want to accept other thing judging it by modern standards. Like a 14 y.o. leading an army/khalasaar is fine, but cousin marriage is a no go.

So I was reading the so called spoilers again and there's a bit where Davos tries to tell Dany about Jons resurrection and he quiets Davos. I was thinking wouldn't Melisandre of done that if she is on Dragonstone? Maybe she's the one who got Dany all curious as to this Jon Snow, King in the north. Especially if Dany believes what the red priests of Essos had said about she being the prince that was promised? So who is this 'usurper'?

Does she order his presence or is it more a friend request?

9 hours ago, TepidHands said:

I'm really watching these spoilers and laughing. Seaaon 7 is going to be a riot.

You just read them and not watching.

I wonder if you can say the same after season 7 officially aired. Because it's obvious you can't compare some poorly written leaks with actual film on screen. The outcome may be very different. (I still remember some people called "hodor died by holding the door" was stupid, but not after they saw the episode itself)

4 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

So I was reading the so called spoilers again and there's a bit where Davos tries to tell Dany about Jons resurrection and he quiets Davos. I was thinking wouldn't Melisandre of done that if she is on Dragonstone? Maybe she's the one who got Dany all curious as to this Jon Snow, King in the north. Especially if Dany believes what the red priests of Essos had said about she being the prince that was promised? So who is this 'usurper'?

Does she order his presence or is it more a friend request?

But is it confirmed Carice van Houten is filming scenes on Dragonstone? I know she was reportedly spotted on set but they could be pulling a TWD move with her. Also I think its more logical to think she pulls a Aegon Targaryen and send out the ravens.

11 hours ago, TepidHands said:

The thing that annoys me most (YMMV) is that by making Cersei-Jaime true lurve and not pathological narcissism on one side/blind addiction on the other, by removing Cersei as a virago who slept with "Lancel, the Kettleblacks, and Moonboy for all I know," the show has dramatically altered the story. Jaime has no moment of truth. Cersei is just a slightly overinvested Tiger Mom, instead of someone who uses what she has to get what she wants.

Agreew, The story was altered many times in regards to the twincest couple but at least was consistent, only making Jaime kind of dumb

If the leaks about JC are true, they will be destroying what they have been settled, because the prophecy said she was going to have 3 children and all of them are dead. And They made Jaime be furious when he noticed the smoke of the Sept from the cliff and when he sees her. That's what makes me think this part is totally fake. It makes me laugh a lot too becase they are very very bad.

And also, the fact that Cersei wants to lie to Jon SNow and thinks the army of the dead won't come after her after the wight convention (that is the MAIN PART of the season:rolleyes:), and also the fact that Jaime leaves her AT THIS MOMENT and not before (he killed a king for wanting to burn people alive and now that is supposed to be more redeemed forgives her-a person who actually did it- with sex) is the most stupid thing I have ever read

2 hours ago, Winterstars said:

You just read them and not watching.

I wonder if you can say the same after season 7 officially aired. Because it's obvious you can't compare some poorly written leaks with actual film on screen. The outcome may be very different. (I still remember some people called "hodor died by holding the door" was stupid, but not after they saw the episode itself)

I think watching Cersei's pregnancy and her stuff with Jaime will actually be worse than reading it.

18 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I hate Jon and Sansa and I can't believe so many fans ship them together ( which I think it's because Kit and Sophie look good together).  There are no clues in the books that I saw.  All the clues point to Jon and Arya and sort of Jon and Dany. I have no idea if D and D will keep the end pairing that george plans for the books in the show. It sounds like they are going off what fans want to end the show quicker instead of what the books will be. I know they say they will end the show like how the books will supposedly end but I get the feeling the show will have a different ending. Just a feeling I have but I might be being too pessimistic at the moment. 

Well, Werthead said on the topic:

Back in the Spring of 2013, David Benioff, Dan Weiss and Bryan Cogman visited George at home in Santa Fe. They sat down and said that they were looking at the TV show being a seven-or-eight season project and they realised they were in danger of overtaking the books. They wanted to come up with a hard-and-fast outline they could follow to the end of the series and wanted George's input based on his notes. George had given them a very rough outline of things before the show started, and they'd guessed R+L=J along with most of the rest of humanity, but they now needed harder details.

It appears that George's response was, "Well, I don't know, exactly". He gave them the end-points for all the major characters, which he's known for years, and who will end up on the Iron Throne and the major plot beats that will take place leading up to that point, but he didn't know the fates of many minor or even fairly-major-but-still-secondary characters. He knew the fate of Dany, Jaime and Arya, but he didn't know the fate of, say, Bronn and characters of that level. And while he knew who'd win the civil war, the fate of the Others and what happened when Dany invaded Westeros, when it came to certain, more minor subplots, he didn't know how they'd pan out. He did know about Hodor though (a fan had actually guessed it years earlier as well, so George probably wasn't too fussed about that being released on TV).

The result was that they did put together a new outline, but that outline was basically based on the stuff they'd established in the TV show and they weren't looking to introduce too much new stuff from the books that took them way off course from their requirement to end the show in 7 or 8 seasons, even if it was stuff George felt was important to the books: remember that George thought cutting Garlan Tyrell was a mistake, although even hardcore book fans didn't think that was too major a change compared to other things like Aegon and Storm's End and Stoneheart.

The middle may diverge, but the ending - at least in case of the major characters - will stay the same. They know how GRRM intends to end the series, and they mean to end it that way, but they have trouble getting there since not even GRRM knows how to get there properly.

Anyhow, Jon and Sansa will happen only in the realms of fanfiction, because it has had zero built-up in the books.

5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think watching Cersei's pregnancy and her stuff with Jaime will actually be worse than reading it.

Yes of course, it's gross as fuck, and I don't think Jaime/Cersei has fans who positively encourage them.

But they said Season 7 is going to be a riot, meanwhile Jaime/Cersei's drama doesn't represent the whole season. So that's why I complained. Besides, a season without controversial and disgusting stuffs? Sounds nothing like Game of Thrones, imho.

6 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

But is it confirmed Carice van Houten is filming scenes on Dragonstone? I know she was reportedly spotted on set but they could be pulling a TWD move with her. Also I think its more logical to think she pulls a Aegon Targaryen and send out the ravens.

There was woman dressed in costume like Mel. Sue from WOTW said Mel will be part of scene where she watches them walking up the stairs. Means probably Jon, Davos and rest. No word if she'll interact with them but possibly will because it just presents itself. People thought it might be joke like Shae SIbel Kekilli last season.

It just occurred to me that since Cersei doesn't blow up KL in S7 as a result of Dany attacking the city, that the only plausible scenario left that results in her blowing up the city would be the WWs attacking the place.  In order for the WWs to get that far South, they would have had to defeat Dany & Company.  

So...if Cersei blows up KL while the NK attacks the place, she would basically destroy the army of the undead in one blow.  

Cersei would end up being the character who does more to hurt the Walkers than any character in the series in this scenario.  

Cersei saving humanity by being a ruthless bitch, lol.  A bit of a mindfuck, but that actually seems like a Martin-style twist.  I'd like to see that.  ^_^     

7 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

It just occurred to me that since Cersei doesn't blow up KL in S7 as a result of Dany attacking the city, that the only plausible scenario left that results in her blowing up the city would be the WWs attacking the place.  In order for the WWs to get that far South, they would have had to defeat Dany & Company.  

So...if Cersei blows up KL while the NK attacks the place, she would basically destroy the army of the undead in one blow.  

Cersei would end up being the character who does more to hurt the Walkers than any character in the series in this scenario.  

Cersei saving humanity by being a ruthless bitch, lol.  A bit of a mindfuck, but that actually seems like a Martin-style twist.  I'd like to see that.  ^_^     

I am not sure of Cersei's role, but I think  the message that Bran was receiving in his "Burn them all" vision was about King's Landing. The vision kept showing Kings Landing and wildfire, so I think they will have to lead the WW army  to KL to defeat them. However, I am still confused about the role of Winterfell  and the fact that "A Stark must always be in Winterfell" because before Bran's vision I thought the key to defeating the WWs must be in Winterfell. 

Archived