Changed your mind

The Fresh PtwP

Used to love Arya but now I don't care much about her. 

Used to hate Sansa but now love her. 

Used to think Faceless men are interesting now think they are lame.

Initially I wanted Westeros to stay united in the end but now I really don't care.

Initially I thought Jon will be a dragon rider now I don't.

11 hours ago, Danelle said:

Also for a while I thought that the Shrouded Lord was Gerion Lannister.....

Very interesting idea. I wish Martin had the deleted chapter where Tyrion meets the Shrouded lord. 

I will say again that i don't like most theories. Making everything warged by Bloodraven, everybody someone else in disguise, everybody a secret bastard and every little detail an overwrought metaphor for some other part of the series would make the whole of ASoIaF beyond silly and beyond artificial.

I'm slowly developing my own theory that a chunk of people don't even believe the theories they advocate on here, people just need something to talk about while we wait for WoW so they make up ever new, ever more complicated and over-the-top theories to pass the time. There is a lot of closed-off navel gazing going on, almost as much as in ADWDFFC...

Because really some of those theories would require counter-intuitive interpretation of the text to a degree that made the people who came up with the Rapture and the 6000 year old earth blush.

However something I continuously change my mind about is whether the damn Braavosi Lemon Tree was:

1) Simply a mistake.

2) Really in Tyrosh and Daenerys remembers it wrong

3) Really in the garden in Braavos (we don't know if it freezes)

4) Inside a winter garden

5) A crippled little thing in a pot in Braavos which toddler Daenerys thought of as a real tree.

On Opinons:

Used to hate the Lannisters, then went through a short phase loving them, then Cersei's POV chapters happened and now I pretty much just love Jaime and hate or dislike the rest.

Thought that the Tyrells really were good people who wanted to help Sansa, now I think they had several plans going on at once and none of them had "help Sansa" even on the agenda.

Very briefly liked Stannis. Very briefly. Liked Renly longer, but now I came to the conclusion that all participants of the War of the Five Kings are despicable power brokers.

Loathed Jaime to the point where I wanted to drop the series after Cat let him go, now he is my favorite character.

Started to dislike Daenerys due to the Meereenese knot.

23 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I don't remember to have changed my mind about a theory but I have changed my mind about some characters. Like Sansa, I disliked Sansa at the beginning now I like her, at the beginning I thought that Arya was a mad person now I think that she is wounded but not mad. Also now I love Vic.

I like Sansa now too. She's a realistic look at a daughter of a noble lord. Arya on recent re-reads reminds me more of a willful child.

24 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm slowly developing my own theory that a chunk of people don't even believe the theories they advocate on here, people just need something to talk about while we wait for WoW so they make up ever new, ever more complicated and over-the-top theories to pass the time. There is a lot of closed-off navel gazing going on, almost as much as in ADWDFFC...

I'd be interested in reading more about this theory! :D

17 minutes ago, KingMance said:

I was being sarcastic. Which will happen a lot. 

Sorry my mistake. But in my defense there is a series of vid theories that claim that the 3 KG Dayne, Whent and Hightower are Mance, Halfhand and Tormund. Also somehow Tormund-Gerold Hightower had a relationship with Maege Mormont and was the father of her daughters, and somehow Maege helped Gerold to help Rhaegar in and out of the North, because Lyanna and Rhaegar were hiding in the North and that was the reason why Jeor was sent to the Wall, in order to pay for his sister’s crime. So, I wasn’t sure if you were kidding or not.

17 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Sorry my mistake. But in my defense there is a series of vid theories that claim that the 3 KG Dayne, Whent and Hightower are Mance, Halfhand and Tormund. Also somehow Tormund-Gerold Hightower had a relationship with Maege Mormont and was the father of her daughters, and somehow Maege helped Gerold to help Rhaegar in and out of the North, because Lyanna and Rhaegar were hiding in the North and that was the reason why Jeor was sent to the Wall, in order to pay for his sister’s crime. So, I wasn’t sure if you were kidding or not.

Oh I know. And it's all absolutely ridiculous. I use to by into mance being Rhaegar, but too many questions arise that require big stretches of the imagination to be answered.

27 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Noooo. Say it ain't so :ack:

29 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

WHAT. I've never read that theory before. And that's a good thing, or else I might have just shot myself in the eye! :eek:

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Noooo. Say it ain't so :ack:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

WHAT. I've never read that theory before. And that's a good thing, or else I might have just shot myself in the eye! :eek:

Not only that but also;
The KG(HalfhandWhent, TormundHightower AND ManceDayne) are in league with  Wyman Manderly, Stannis, Bloodraven who is prisoner, Mel who is really Shiera, Jeor Mormont,  Maege Mormont,  Leyton Hightower, Illyrio Mopatis( who glamour himself as Salladhor Saan), Varys and Ned against the CotF and the Faceless Men.

Rhaegar and Lyanna were hiding in Winterfell and their son Aegon, YG, was born there.

Val is Allyria, Ned’s daughter and Jon’s twin. Stannis knows it and for some reason even if they are not Targaryens he wants them together.

Jon is Ned's only trueborn son and Cat's children are bastards because Ned married Jon's mother Ashara at White Harbor and the Tully brothers knew it. So when Hoster forced Ned to marry Cat, Blackfish abandoned his family to serve the Arryns.

It's not a written theory but a youtube channel. 

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I will say again that i don't like most theories. Making everything warged by Bloodraven, everybody someone else in disguise, everybody a secret bastard and every little detail an overwrought metaphor for some other part of the series would make the whole of ASoIaF beyond silly and beyond artificial.

Because really some of those theories would require counter-intuitive interpretation of the text to a degree that made the people who came up with the Rapture and the 6000 year old earth blush.

I feel pretty much the same. 

Which reminds me.. I changed my mind about liking theories. When I first joined this board I loved theories and spend very much time reading about them. These days I don't care much for most theories, except for R+L=J which has a special spot in my heart. There are only very few theories which I consider plausible. 

I knew there was a good reason I avoided the YouTube videos about the series!  Plus, if you are too lazy to write it down, I don't want to hear about it.

To the OP:  I used to think Lemongate was complete nonsense.  I am slowly coming around to it meaning something, but probably only that something in her and Viserys's past has been hidden

I used to dislike Sansa think wasn't very bright.  She is now one of my favorites and I think she is quite intelligent and observant.

13 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Not only that but also;
The KG(HalfhandWhent, TormundHightower AND ManceDayne) are in league with  Wyman Manderly, Stannis, Bloodraven who is prisoner, Mel who is really Shiera, Jeor Mormont,  Maege Mormont,  Leyton Hightower, Illyrio Mopatis( who glamour himself as Salladhor Saan), Varys and Ned against the CotF and the Faceless Men.

Rhaegar and Lyanna were hiding in Winterfell and their son Aegon, YG, was born there.

Val is Allyria, Ned’s daughter and Jon’s twin. Stannis knows it and for some reason even if they are not Targaryens he wants them together.

Jon is Ned's only trueborn son and Cat's children are bastards because Ned married Jon's mother Ashara at White Harbor and the Tully brothers knew it. So when Hoster forced Ned to marry Cat, Blackfish abandoned his family to serve the Arryns.

It's not a written theory but a youtube channel. 

All I can say is :lol::laugh::rofl::lmao:

2 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I feel pretty much the same. 

Which reminds me.. I changed my mind about liking theories. When I first joined this board I loved theories and spend very much time reading about them. These days I don't care much for most theories, except for R+L=J which has a special spot in my heart. There are only very few theories which I consider plausible. 

Yeah R+L=J is also one of the only theories I accept.

Though to be fair I wouldn't even call it a theory, it's all but spelled out in the text, unlike he vast bulk of other theories. A lot of theories just try to copy R+L=J (The Winter Rose at the Wall in Dany's vision hinting at his true parentage) and try to apply the same principle to other characters and situations (Excample: Lemons=Dorne!). And as the years without WoW drag on we reach the point when obscure gem stone emperors from the supplementary  material supposedly give clues to the fate of certain characters and every utterance of the word "Bastard" relates to Bloodraven

6 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I knew there was a good reason I avoided the YouTube videos about the series!  Plus, if you are too lazy to write it down, I don't want to hear about it.

To the OP:  I used to think Lemongate was complete nonsense.  I am slowly coming around to it meaning something, but probably only that something in her and Viserys's past has been hidden

I used to dislike Sansa think wasn't very bright.  She is now one of my favorites and I think she is quite intelligent and observant.

Since I haven't been loking into theories for quite some time.. can you please update me what is Lemongate?

Regarding Sansa: My last complete re-read was three years ago and I have only done partial re-reads ever since. I really disliked Sansa the last time I read her chapters. Thought she was stupid and was completely annoyed by her. I'm currently listening to the AGOT audiobook and I don't understand why I disliked her. She isn't one of my favourites yet, but I like her now. 

4 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Since I haven't been loking into theories for quite some time.. can you please update me what is Lemongate?

Lemondgate has to do with the fact that Daenerys remembers living in a house with red door that had a lemon tree in Braavos.  It has been mentioned several times that lemons do not grow in Braavos.  It has also been repeatedly mentioned that they come from Dorne, leading to the conclusion that the house with the red door that she remembers isn't really in Braavos.  Some believe that that means she has a secret identity.  I am not one of those, but think something is up.

12 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Lemondgate has to do with the fact that Daenerys remembers living in a house with red door that had a lemon tree in Braavos.  It has been mentioned several times that lemons do not grow in Braavos.  It has also been repeatedly mentioned that they come from Dorne, leading to the conclusion that the house with the red door that she remembers isn't really in Braavos.  Some believe that that means she has a secret identity.  I am not one of those, but think something is up.

Okay thanks for the update. I don't believe in any of those Dany has a secret identity theories. On a first look Lemongate sounds rather implausible to me. 

9 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I don't think it was ever mentioned that lemon trees don't grow in Braavos at all, it has only been speculated that the climate might be wrong wrong for them.

Also don't agree with the sentiment that the only lemon trees in the whole world stand in Dorne. It wouldn't make sense.

Well I was not attracted to the fantasy elements of the books (!) so much - what I mean is I preferred the part that is more like historical novels and I found the southern characters e.g. Lannisters and their psychology much more interesting than tired old three eyed crows etc. For this reason I was horrified when I read somebody's prediction that Brienne and Jaime would become undead and that Brienne might already be when she comes to take Jaime to BWB, but now I think they will both get the Beric/Catelyn treatment (and one will die doing it to the other as Beric did it to Catelyn). 

I initially also couldn't see why people were banging on about Blackfyre conspiracies as it seemed created whole and not hinted at in the books at all, until I read Dunk and Egg tales and saw there is a lot of background being snuck in there. Pretty cunning GRRM!

I think there will probably be a RW2. Numbers will not be necessary if they can get in by guile. Genna's words to Jaime - what is needed here is strength not chivalry or something like that will be proved true. Jaime always does screw this stuff up - losing Brynden is an example.

Archived