Community - Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

I liked this episode, though I would have preferred more of the community college focus. I definitely enjoyed the chloroform scenes. Annie is crazy. I liked how the cameos were not overbearing like how they were with Jack Black and Owen Wilson, though that episode was intentionally making fun of forced celebrity cameo appearances.

Episode was weak to me. I had a hard time finding anything really all that funny.

I wouldn't quite say it was weak but yeah, Community is currently getting blown out of the water by 30 Rock on the funny scale. It's not even close.

I wouldn't quite say it was weak but yeah, Community is currently getting blown out of the water by 30 Rock on the funny scale. It's not even close.

Tracy Jordan totally rolled it high style to the hospital in the Cash Cab last night. Before he got in the cab I recognized the driver and his minivan game show setup. And Jack's videos to his unborn child were great. Though the Paul Giamatti character was completely weak. That was a rare misstep for the mighty 30 Rock.

/threadjack

I thought this week's ep was way better than the season opener. I loved the absolute dickishness to Chang. :rofl: "That wasn't the deal!"

Best line of the night, that my husband and I keep randomly quoting to each other: "She's a stripper. Life sued her...and she lost!"

Best line of the night, that my husband and I keep randomly quoting to each other: "She's a stripper. Life sued her...and she lost!"

Yeah, Jeff was on fire with some really clever lines throughout the episode. Was actually a bit refreshing to get off campus for an episode with a "real world" plot that was still hilarious.

And Abed is the best supporting character in the history of supporting characters.

Troy's right up there for me too. Realized he was the only one among this incredibly talented cast who'd be able to make me laugh out loud with his question about gogurt.

THERE IS NO GOD!!

Alright boys, last season you got a bubble fight, this season you got an... oil slick fight? And Shirley's line about killed me. John Oliver was as always super amazing.

I definitely wanted Jeff to pop Pierce's balloon so that he would abandon this ridiculous cult, but oh well. I liked Senor Chang better as an asshole teacher with authority issues than as a student. Also, this episode was noteworthy for Abed being absent for almost the entire episode. I loved Betty White talking about Inception in English so that the non-English speaker could avoid spoilers. I'm glad they have not forgotten about her.

Jeff: "I can't believe I made out with you two." :lmao:

Also, this episode was noteworthy for Abed being absent for almost the entire episode.

Were you not watching the background? :)

I loved Betty White talking about Inception in English so that the non-English speaker could avoid spoilers. I'm glad they have not forgotten about her.

That was my favorite part of the episode, good stuff.

I also thought the last two weeks were better but it was still good. The Abed parts were funny. I did notice him talking to the VERY pregnant girl at the beginning of the show and then him helping her give birth. I'll have to re-watch to see if there were any other background scenes I missed.

God I love this show. Because of my work schedule last year I only saw one or two episodes. I went out and got season 1 on DVD (only 20 bucks!) and I have been lmao all week. The only thing that concerns me is that the ratings have been God-awful. I did read an article at AVClub that said they think NBC will nurse this show like they did with The Office and 30Rock. God I hope so because I think it's even funnier than Modern Family.

The ads for this show are just bad, and unfortunately the show itself is one of those *wink wink nudge nudge* shows that is often too smart for it's own good even as it rolls around in the mud.

It's hilarious and definitely one of the top 3 comedies on television right now, but it's too smart for it's own good. Just gotta hope NBC recognizes what it has and keeps it going despite the ratings.

I may have to go out and buy season 1 to show my support.

SAVE THIS SHOW!

The ratings have been WORSE than Outsourced. :shocked:

WTF people?

So sick of paint-by-numbers schlock constantly winning out over smarter and better. It's not like Community is even hard to approach. Every episode is light and breezy from the first moment on and you don't need any backstory. Believe me, I'm the guy who doesn't watch things because there's always a hurdle of getting into something new. This was easy as pie.

Step your game up, American Public! Stop sucking so hard.

Are these ratings strictly first-view on live broadcast television? Because I think this the type of show that probably appeals strongly to people who watch television in new ways -- through DVRs, Hulu etc. I watch this show every week, but I haven't had cable since March -- I catch it the next day on Hulu. Most of my peer group have similar viewing habits. Ratings are dead.

(Also, I love the extended play commercials that Hulu sometimes offers. I sat through a 2 minute commercial for Tom's Maine last night and then watched Castle commercial free.)

Also, I've now watched the last episode of Community three times. A first view, an Abed centered view, and a third viewing just because. That has to count for something with the advertisers on Hulu.

Are these ratings strictly first-view on live broadcast television? Because I think this the type of show that probably appeals strongly to people who watch television in new ways -- through DVRs, Hulu etc. I watch this show every week, but I haven't had cable since March -- I catch it the next day on Hulu. Most of my peer group have similar viewing habits. Ratings are dead.

(Also, I love the extended play commercials that Hulu sometimes offers. I sat through a 2 minute commercial for Tom's Maine last night and then watched Castle commercial free.)

Also, I've now watched the last episode of Community three times. A first view, an Abed centered view, and a third viewing just because. That has to count for something with the advertisers on Hulu.

yeah, first time viewers, it's only pulling a little over 4 million viewers. Outsourced has pulled over 5. But as you guys were saying, NBC isn't getting much on very many shows. Community is getting KILLED by The Big Bang Theory and Bones. But 30 Rock has similar numbers and The Office is getting like 6.9 million.

last week's ratings

I do hope they take into account online viewership and On Demand. I also watched last weeks ep. now twice on On Demand. I loved the Abed in the background story: Abed talks to pregnant girl, Abed gets pushed and chased by pregnant girl's man. Abed helps pregnant girl out of cafeteria. Abed delivers baby. Abed is thanked by pregnant girl and her man. :lol:

Archived