Vulture interview hints at "controversial" Sansa chapter in TWoW

Eir

Controversy ? Sansa gets with Littlefinger, willingly. That would be controversy.

It seems to me that pretty much everyone would find that controversial, not just "some quarters of the fandom" who "might" find it controversial, as per Ran's correction. If it's not so much "Fans are going to find this controversial," but rather "Some fans might find it controversial," it wouldn't be something nearly as extreme as that.

I think Sansa killing LF is too early, so I think "controversial" can refer to one of 3 things

• Sansa kills / takes part in death of Robin
  • Sansa is raped/seduced by LF
  • Sansa is married to harry and has a very unpelasant Wedding Night

I think SweetRobin is done and Sansa makes the decision to do it and maybe does it herself. Sansa is going to become a player. This will be the pivot point in her transformation, like Jon killing the halfhand or Jaime losing his hand.

If it's really controversial that I think It would be either:

1, Sansa and sexuality - going close to being raped wouldn't be controversial, she has been almost raped four times already and so far plot armor always saved her, it would only repeat the same situation again. I don't think that anyone will ever rape her by using force but I can see situation where she would feel obliged to go along with it. On the other hand Sansa taking initiative especially for purpose of manipulation would fit the bill without going all the way

2, Sansa doing something very gray or being disloyal to her family again

3, If it's concerning only Sansa fans than GRRM giving a hard blow to image of Sansa as brilliant political player with heart of gold would do, meaning she will do something really stupid/naive

Controversy can mean anything; a betrayal, Sweetrobin's demise, a fling with LF. I think what we're missing here though is that these events are more emotive, controversy by definition draws wedges between people and has to do with reasons not necessarily content.

So I have can't reasonably predict what the event will be, but the hint likely means that Sansa's going to make some controversial decision of at least some of her own volition that challenges how we read her as a character.

Can't wait to find out what it is!

She might marry SweetRobs secretly to avoid marrying HtH. Or, she killing the "giant in the snow castle " will finally happen but the manner of killing that giant is not through poisoning, throwing out of the moon door, or cutting a throat, but something we haven't guessed yet. :dunno:

I think that having Sansa murder Sweetrobin would be a superb new plotline. She's about the only person that Sweetrobin trusts, so it would be quite straightforward for her to give him an overdose of sweetsleep or put a pillow over his face.

She might marry SweetRobs secretly to avoid marrying HtH. Or, she killing the "giant in the snow castle " will finally happen but the manner of killing that giant is not through poisoning, throwing out of the moon door, or cutting a throat, but something we haven't guessed yet. :dunno:

She doesn't need to marry Sweet Robin to avoid marrying HtH. She's already married to Tyrion. Baelish can't just blink that away.

It could be a few things

-Murdering LF, altho i dont see this as a possibility because LF wants to help her (or does a good job of making her think that)

-Murdering Sweetrobin, that kid just needs to die already, he is like my least favorite character in the series

-She bangs LF consentually

-LF forces himself upon her

-or something else

Archived