TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this was funny Zar.

I hope it gets better soon :grouphug:

Thanks, and what can I say, I'm laughing at my own expense too, so all is well :P

So apparently the Lord Father is arriving to either King's Landing or Lannisport sometime between today and the weekend. That should be interesting. Bless the Seven I have the incumbent Lady Wife in my WhisperNet (otherwise known as Facebook) to find out these things. Should accomodate between the visit to the Lady Mother in KL prior departure to at least have lunch with him.

Evening.

I find gift-wrapping MUCH more interesting than gift-buying and choosing. I really love to do papery things and stuff. One of my friends has her bday in about 10 days, and she just got me an awesome gift for my bday, and I have no idea what to get her ... :idea:

Also, four of us are trying to agree on which day to go see Hobbit, and all our timetables are so stupid, we cannot seem to find a day to fit ... some have lessons too late, are otherwise engaged on one day, some on another ... and after next week there is holidays and nobody is in the city. :(

Shift change!

(Just like Fred Flintstone punching in at his quarry to operate his dinosaur excavator)

Honestly. I feel like that's what I should say with my first spam post of the day because you guys on the other side of the globe are getting off work, making dinner, getting ready for bed and I'm just having my first [_]P coffee of the morning. And on the U.S. west coast some of the posters just went to bed 3 hours ago ending their "shift".

FYI, it was 1.15 PM when you posted that. :P

Cersei and Jamie weren't really twins - they were triplets.

GRRM is keeping Zar a secret.

For now.

:)

:lol:

Oh god, just realized I have so much homework... Atleast it's an interesting subject. "Evolution, and the History of the Earth" Not bad, but extremely time-consuming.

Without wanting to bring the thread down, he's definitely got a problem. He's got depression as well. He knows he has a problem, but hasn't stopped. He isn't going to get his driving licence back, because he knows he'd onl;y drink drive again.

I'm sorry to hear that. He is not even willing to accept any help to stop with the drinking?

Hi RB. Just can't seem to find enough time to post on the weekends, that's all. Everything is fine. Year end is approaching, and I might make some big career decisions, or so I'm hoping. :(

And why the sad face then? Is it not a good career decision? Weekends are busy for everybody I think. *grouphug* Check in anytime you can.

Quoting isn't working for me tonight, I had some ad in the text area that I really didn't want to click on.

Anyway, Hello Spammers! and some and some to spice things up.

Zar- I hope your achilles tendon is getting better. Sometimes a pain pill is required to start healing. Rest easy, friend. And I hope your iphone charging issue gets resolved. I have an old iphone that I keep expecting to stop working, but it's a work horse. Someday I'll get a new one....

hc - I love the map. I have a laminated map on my coffee table and another one of only westeros on my wall at work.

Also, keep that list of cities for the next EG. I'd like to do that one, too. It's a nice change from the typical topic.

hello Gillio, TBB, and RB.

AK - good morning. Have some coffee. [_]P

Hi, Cat! How are you?

Are you and your daughter better now? Did you get over losing The Baby? :grouphug:

I know a bit about this. It's not a fun thing to deal with

RB - I hope things are looking up now

Hi everyone! Been a long day and it's actually coooold here Brrrrrr 38 degrees

Hugs and Kisses!

Thanks, today was definitely better :grouphug:

*thinking hard to recall an ancient Physics class to figure out what 38°F means in Celsius* erm... okay... *google* Yeah, that's pretty cold indeed o.O We had around 43-4 in the weekend, that was pleasant, because I didn't freeze onto the horse, but now it's back to 22-24 :O

Uhhhhh ... in the family circle? That means, I did nothing special, apart from NOT studying for a day. Valonqar made me cake, we had good lunch. Nothing big.

That sounds nice. The important thing is that you have a nice time on your birthday be that at home or anywhere.

:lol: :lol:

This is awesome!!

Hullo spammers! I'm visiting my family this weekend and today is gift wrapping day! This is almost as fun as gift shopping day, even though Imoen (my kitten) decided that this would be the best time to jump all over the place and try to play with the wrapping paper ... while I'm trying to wrap something in it.

Anyway most of the gifts are now wrapped, but I'm facing a huge dilemma: I have 4 different hand warmers and I don't know who should get which one! There's one with an owl, one with a deer, one very elegant one with white snowflakes and one yellow and black one that I bought by mistake and is by far the least cute one. The giftees are:

-SO's little sis who is absolutely adorable and will get either owl or deer one

-my sister who can be a huge brat; we're not very close

-my dad's girlfriend whom I don't know that well but she's OK - she can't get the one with the owl though

-a good friend of mine who is very fashionable and likes to wear gray (not sure whether this is an argument for or against the gray one though)

I feel like I'm solving a logic puzzle! (I know I'm putting way too much thought into this, and they're just £1 handwarmers from Primark, but goddamnit, this is important stuff! )

Well technically it's aerial arts, but I've mostly done pole. I always feel bad telling people that because there's so many prejudices against it, but in reality it's a great sport! I love it for the acrobatics and the fact that it's made me much stronger than I've ever been - I went one clothes size up because I gained so much muscle. The downside is that I'm now also the most bruised I've ever been

Owl for SO's little sister

Deer for Sister

Yellow/Black for Dad's girlfriend

Snowflake one for Friend

That's my solution for the logic puzzle :D

Gift wrapping... wow... I didn't even buy all the gifts yet. Some stuff I ordered for my sister (who's sometimes absolutely adorable and sometimes the biggest brat of the world) online hasn't even arrived yet, and the rest of her gifts are waiting... I have one gift for mother, nothing for father, nothing for friends, nothing for friend's baby... I feel like I'll be living in malls for the next two weeks.

Pole is a very difficult sport, you basically work with your own body weight. That's all about the prejudices. Don't feel bad telling about it to people :)

Hurray!

We finish the incoming Friday, too. I simply can't wait.

Hello, fellow addicts. Hope everybody's doing well, or close to!

OMG, I love that avatar, Atropis!! :D

JAIME LANNISTER DURING QYBURN TREATMENT MODE ON

*gives him a giant chocolate bar* Here, bite on this.

And get better soon! :grouphug:

Hello, spam!

Did MORE Christmas shopping today. I feel like my list expands with every round, instead of getting shorter. Today I bought a gift for sister that she'll get from my grandma. When hearing this, my other grandmother called me and asked me to buy something for sister on her behalf too, because she has no idea what to get her. I have bought about TWO full bags of stuff for sister. Good thing she's a little materialist, popularity obsessed brat, so there's no way running out of ideas.

So far she gets:

- beauty stuff (baby lips lipbalms, lip smoothies, juicy tube gloss, china glaze Hunger Games collection, a mini set by opi)

- hair stuff (bands, bows, expandable comb into her sports bag)

- owl stuff (nail care set, drink container stuff - how you call that? a gourd?, phone case)

- Hunger Games DVD

- converse bag

- 3 Christmas charms for bracelet.

Enjoying some chai tea latte now instead of reading for my thesis. *shares out the chai latte* How are you all?

Zar, I went back four pages but couldn't see what you did to yourself - what did you do?

It's probably too late to dance with Bex, but I'll dance by myself anyway. :P

Wrong! You will dance with me. :P *dances*

Gift wrapping... wow... I didn't even buy all the gifts yet. Some stuff I ordered for my sister (who's sometimes absolutely adorable and sometimes the biggest brat of the world) online hasn't even arrived yet, and the rest of her gifts are waiting... I have one gift for mother, nothing for father, nothing for friends, nothing for friend's baby... I feel like I'll be living in malls for the next two weeks.

Did MORE Christmas shopping today. I feel like my list expands with every round, instead of getting shorter. Today I bought a gift for sister that she'll get from my grandma. When hearing this, my other grandmother called me and asked me to buy something for sister on her behalf too, because she has no idea what to get her. I have bought about TWO full bags of stuff for sister. Good thing she's a little materialist, popularity obsessed brat, so there's no way running out of ideas.

So far she gets:

Wait, did you not say you have not bought anything yet? :P

I have not bought anything either, only that in my family we give and receive gifts on New Year, not Xmas. If I end up buying something, it is just going to be for the parents and the valonqar. And I NEVER have any ideas on what to get people, so I may end up not buying anything because I simply have NO ideas what to. We are not big on gifts apparently, I do not even buy a lot of stuff for myself (only things I think I need), let alone others.

They all like books, but we already have plenty of them ... valonqar and I usually get clothes as gifts because, you know, one needs them. Nobody in the family is big on jewellery - only my mother wears some, and I for the last two days since I got that lovely bday necklace, but will probably grow tired of it in like a month - nobody wears make-up ... my mother is buying movie DVDs constantly, but no way I am buying more, since I get annoyed every time I open that drawer because it is so full one has trouble closing it. Tough decisions.

I adore wrapping though!

Hi, Cat! How are you?

Are you and your daughter better now? Did you get over losing The Baby? :grouphug:

Hi Rhaenys. My daughter and I are doing better - not as many nightmares and as much grief. But we will never get over losing The Baby. He will be in our hearts forever.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and concern. :grouphug: and :kiss:

I love shopping for gifts for people! I love finding just that one thing that I know they would love. I often hate shopping for myself though :P

Just finished an hour of computer learning stuff with Alex so he can pass his ELA class (English/Language Arts)

I have discovered why he is not passing: he picks the first answer that is even a little close without really all the choices! We have talked about this and he started doing better and taking more time with it (he tends to rush to get done)

:grouphug: Cat

Katie, that is funny! You should go post that in the 'Dany is Fireproof' thread and claim its from a SSM :P

I told the family that this is going to be a small Christmas. There really is only Sis to shop for since she is out of work so she can have some new clothes.

Working on the sweatshirts today, tomorrow and Thursday. Doing that while I watch the 'A Haunting' marathon this afternoon.

*Dances with Lany and Cat*

Wrong! You will dance with me. :P *dances*

Wait, did you not say you have not bought anything yet? :P

I have not bought anything either, only that in my family we give and receive gifts on New Year, not Xmas. If I end up buying something, it is just going to be for the parents and the valonqar. And I NEVER have any ideas on what to get people, so I may end up not buying anything because I simply have NO ideas what to. We are not big on gifts apparently, I do not even buy a lot of stuff for myself (only things I think I need), let alone others.

They all like books, but we already have plenty of them ... valonqar and I usually get clothes as gifts because, you know, one needs them. Nobody in the family is big on jewellery - only my mother wears some, and I for the last two days since I got that lovely bday necklace, but will probably grow tired of it in like a month - nobody wears make-up ... my mother is buying movie DVDs constantly, but no way I am buying more, since I get annoyed every time I open that drawer because it is so full one has trouble closing it. Tough decisions.

I adore wrapping though!

For a couple people. For others, I have bags of stuff in living room :lol:

Buck, let's make a deal, shall we? I'll do your Christmas shopping and you'll do my gift wrapping, huh? :lol:

I absolutely enjoy shopping for gifts (for anything, to be entirely honest). I don't have much against wrapping either, it's part of the fun, but I'm never quite satisfied with how my wrapping turns out. I'm just not the best at craft sort of things. I prefer buying the gifts, because I usually have some idea about what to get and inspiration always hits when I'm in a shop too. I used to buy books too, but nobody ever read the books I gave them, not really because they didn't like it, but because they never had the time to read them. I also stopped buying DVDs, because they are meh... I felt like I only bought them because I had no better idea, and I prefer getting gifts that I know people will like. My father is the difficult case, because he has everything and if he does want something, he goes ahead and buys it. Well, I'll figure out something.

Hi Rhaenys. My daughter and I are doing better - not as many nightmares and as much grief. But we will never get over losing The Baby. He will be in our hearts forever.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and concern. :grouphug: and :kiss:

Of course he will :grouphug:

Did you get the pictures of him you mentioned? That was such a great idea, I'm sure it'd help.

Thinking of it, it's generally a great idea... Wow now this totally inspired me in the gift question... :bowdown:

@Bex, what's all this dancing? :D

HELLO FOMN! ..................................... GOODBYE FOMN! :lol:

Archived