X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

Don't agree at all. Magneto is the anti-hero in my mind. His villainy is more misguided, and he frequently works alongside the X-Men. He's probably been an ally more than he's been an antagonist. Apocalypse, to me, isn't just a mega-powerful mutant. His powerset is so vague, it's hard to even consider his abilities in the equation. His entire persona is enigmatic and creepy -- the stuff Remender did with his mythology in Uncanny X-Force is especially good. I loved the idea of him being worshipped as a God by a deranged cult throughout history.

I don't know, I guess I'm just an old fart. This was my first X-book, and for my money it never got better than Claremont/Byrne...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/X-Men_Vol_1_131_zpsrmi8nrc3.jpg.html

Wouldn't this be one of those times when you'd sort of expect that character to be entirely computer generated?   Maybe just use the actor's face as a foundation to add the CG face on top of?   Why am I seeing a guy with human size and a Soul Train party outfit that politely stays within his own personal space so as not to seem imposing or larger than life?

I don't understand why they have to keep getting well known actors to play these big bad guys. Just make them actually look like Thanos and Apocalypse without integratting Oscar Isaac's face or Josh Brolin's face. Oscar Isaac is one of my favorite actors right now but him as Apocalypse is weird...and I was down with it from the start IF they got the look right, but they didn't IMO. Also off-topic but Josh Brolin's voice as Thanos is just awful.

I don't understand why they have to keep getting well known actors to play these big bad guys. Just make them actually look like Thanos and Apocalypse without integratting Oscar Isaac's face or Josh Brolin's face. Oscar Isaac is one of my favorite actors right now but him as Apocalypse is weird...and I was down with it from the start IF they got the look right, but they didn't IMO. Also off-topic but Josh Brolin's voice as Thanos is just awful.

I'm about where I am with the Joker in Suicide Squad with Apocalypse as far as the look of the characters go. Which is not crazy about them, but I'm willing to hold off final judgment until I see the movies. Both Leto and Isaac are great actors, so if they blow me away with their performances I can forgive the looks being a bit off.

Was it someone in here who said they thought they should've used Apoc's X-Men: Evolution look? I love that idea. Let Oscar Isaac sell Apoc based on performance. Just lose the prosthetic, and paint some creepy tribal tats all over Isaac's face, along the sides of his mouth. Amp up the creepy mystique, tone down the cartoony effect. People with tats on their faces are scary in real life. I can see Isaac with pale skin, black contacts, and some great tattoo work selling the shit out of Apocalypse.

I'm willing to see it play out before worrying about the look of apoc. People complained about the xmen's uniforms in the original trilogy, and now we're complaining about psylockes look because it's an exact replica of the comics, it's like they can't ever win.

XMen First Class and DOFP were both solid flicks, Apocalypse has the potential to make this my favorite comic book mobie trilogy to date. I'm willing to lighten up on the costuming so long as the story holds up.

Was it someone in here who said they thought they should've used Apoc's X-Men: Evolution look? I love that idea. Let Oscar Isaac sell Apoc based on performance. Just lose the prosthetic, and paint some creepy tribal tats all over Isaac's face, along the sides of his mouth. Amp up the creepy mystique, tone down the cartoony effect. People with tats on their faces are scary in real life. I can see Isaac with pale skin, black contacts, and some great tattoo work selling the shit out of Apocalypse.

I said they were going for that look.

I can see they were trying to go for some kind of amalgamation. Psylocke is good in the sense it is like the comics - it's similar to her uncanny X-force appearance although they sadly didn't imitate the later version that was functional and loyal to the bikini style.

Apocalypse suffers in the head department.

There's that many versions of these characters kicking around you're always going to piss someone off.I'd probably go for "keep one group happy" which they have with Psylocke and Magneto and Storm. Apocalypse looks more like an amalgamation that's pissed everyone off rather than pleased them.

Apocalypse is still my favourite Epic villain for the X-men (magneto is still my favourite in terms of being their antithesis). He's more a Sauron evil for being evil character than Magneto who's more relatable. Weirdly though, I like Apocalypse mainly for the 90s cartoon. The comics have never managed to make him so cool or such a force of nature. The only comic I liked with Apocalypse was "age of Apocalypse" and that was more for the setting than what apocalypse did.

Uncanny X-force is great but it doesn't really have Apocalypse in it and turns him into some kind of avatar.

I'm willing to see it play out before worrying about the look of apoc. People complained about the xmen's uniforms in the original trilogy, and now we're complaining about psylockes look because it's an exact replica of the comics, it's like they can't ever win.

XMen First Class and DOFP were both solid flicks, Apocalypse has the potential to make this my favorite comic book mobie trilogy to date. I'm willing to lighten up on the costuming so long as the story holds up.

QFT

Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply AM

I'd have been happy with Oscar Issacs head on top of a CGI suit like that. I don't if i mentioned it in this thread but I'm convinced Tom Hardy based Bane on the cartoon Apocalypse.

I'd have been happy with Oscar Issacs head on top of a CGI suit like that. I don't if i mentioned it in this thread but I'm convinced Tom Hardy based Bane on the cartoon Apocalypse.

One of the comments mentions Tom Hardy's Bane :lmao:

Psylocke's 90's costume from the comics sucks though, which is why it makes it twice as bad. Why the fuck is THIS terrible one piece bathing suit the costume that you choose to make comic book accurate? Let's never put Wolverine in his iconic mask and costume, or make Cyclops visually interesting, or make Storm look like a goddess or fucking anything. But Psylocke guys, THAT'S where we're drawing the line she has to look perfectly accurate to the comics because she is the most legendary X-Men character ever. It has nothing to do with Olivia Munn being hot guys, promise.

I'm straight, but seriously.

His implacable eyes and unstoppable jaw speak to my heart of warm days and sandy shores, memories long past. :wub: :wub: :wub:

One of the comments mentions Tom Hardy's Bane :lmao:

Don't you talk shit about Tom Hardy, bitch! There was nothing wrong with crab-faced Bane!!!!

I don't know, I guess I'm just an old fart. This was my first X-book, and for my money it never got better than Claremont/Byrne...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/X-Men_Vol_1_131_zpsrmi8nrc3.jpg.html

Give Astonishing X-men a try. Well at least the one written by Whedon and penned by Cassaday, not the one by Warren Ellis.

I have to agree there's a reason why Claremont/Byrne's run made a franchise. I haven't read anythin since the 90s that compares in the x books. Although Claremont and Cockrum's runs either side of Byrne are almost as good.

Archived