X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

Looking at the cast list, I'm not seeing Hugh Jackman listed. It's looking like he might sit this one out.

Fine by me, I'm one of those people that has never considered Hugh Jackman to be a good Wolverine. He's fine as someone named Logan wearing a black leather jumpsuit, but Wolverine he is not.

Looking at the cast list, I'm not seeing Hugh Jackman listed. It's looking like he might sit this one out.

Thank god for that. We need less Logan and more Armor. She's pretty much the only mutant that could rekindle my interest in the films.

They showed footage from five weeks worth of shooting. Sounds pretty amazing. Allegedly, the horsemen are...

Magneto, Storm, Archangel, and Psylocke

Really hoping Archangel is Death.

From the footage that I've seen (like 10 seconds worth) and heard decribed:

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/x-men-apocalypse-comic-con-2015-trailer-description/

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/x-men-apocalypse-footage-reveals-oscar-isaacs-apocalypse/

Apocalypse doesn't have those strange lip things, and is more purple than grey. And I'm hoping it's the recording, but he sounds high pitched than I expected.

I believe so. I don't know if they revealed anything at the panel, but a costume designer spoiled it a few weeks ago.

If I recall correctly they tweeted something about making a bag for him to have on set. It got reported and then the tweet (might have been somethign else) was taken down. He's more likely to have a cameo, but Jackman has been pretty good at keeping these things secret.

They showed footage from five weeks worth of shooting. Sounds pretty amazing. Allegedly, the horsemen are...

Magneto, Storm, Archangel, and Psylocke

Very interesting if those are indeed the chosen ones.

Like the concept art of Apocalypse btw. This film looks like it will be a great cap to the series.

And happy to hear Wolverine may sit this one out, at long last.

Wolverine will be in it. I'm convinced of it, and not just because of the incriminating instagram post, but because he's been in every one so far. He's not going to break that streak until he is finished in Wolverine 3. It might just be a short cameo like First Class, but he'll be there. What I'm not sure of is whether he'll be in Deadpool, but I'm sure he'd like to be.

On the Horsemen, the comments seem to have Apocalypse as more of a convincer than brainwasher.

https://vid.me/qHw2

Hurry up, kids, before it's too late. The full teaser is online. You know the drill -- it's sure to be axed.

Looks pretty sweet but I'm still kind of shaky on how Apocalypse looks. Obviously it's grainy as hell but his face looks weird and he needs to be bigger. Oscar Isaac's voice sounds good enough, though.

looks like they've got a lot in the can already.

I thought Storm looked great with the mohawk. I'm ducious about Apocalypse's power being "persuasive" and wasn't impressed with Magneto's potty mouth. Other than that it's looking good. I like how the X-men films bridge the fun/serious divide between Marvel and DC.

Looks good.

One question regarding these leaked trailers from Comic-Con... why don't studios release the teasers that day? Why leave it to grainy cell phone footage.

I'm picturing Kramer forcing Jerry to sit in there and film it. :lol:

Looks good.

One question regarding these leaked trailers from Comic-Con... why don't studios release the teasers that day? Why leave it to grainy cell phone footage.

I know.... They show it to 6000+ people, so you know there is a camera there somewhere.

Maybe they feel freer to show red-banded trailers in comic con, where the ones they release publicly usually need to be For All Audiences.

I know.... They show it to 6000+ people, so you know there is a camera there somewhere.

Maybe they feel freer to show red-banded trailers in comic con, where the ones they release publicly usually need to be For All Audiences.

:dunno:

As good a reason as any I suppose.

Looks pretty sweet but I'm still kind of shaky on how Apocalypse looks. Obviously it's grainy as hell but his face looks weird and he needs to be bigger. Oscar Isaac's voice sounds good enough, though.

The trailer as a whole is very exciting. Love the revelation about who his 4 horseman are and it seems Apocalypse will be a stunner here, as emphasized by Xavier's lines at the end.

I agree that you would expect Apocalypse to be much larger, but it seems Singer simply decided to have him the same size as a regular human and put the emphasis on his vast inner power, rather than a towering form. I do like the design of him a great deal though.

https://vid.me/qHw2

Hurry up, kids, before it's too late. The full teaser is online. You know the drill -- it's sure to be axed.

Nice teaser :) Needed more Oscar Isaac though :) I just love the fact that Fassbender and Isaac are not just in the same movie, but also sharing screentime :D

Another thing to consider: this was made with 5 weeks of shooting with no major post-work done. I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse is a lot different looking in the final product.

That and the fact I'd like them to leave some surprises in store for us. I'd much rather we reach a stage in the film where they get around Apocalypse's persuasion and then he doubles in size and beats them up. He should at least be able to withstand Quicksilver or the film will be quite short.

Looks good.

I think it's probably because they don't want to encourage the leaks. If they budged on this, it will motivate leaks all the more, because everyone will have a means to a high quality end.

I hear that studios, after this Con, are more dubious than ever when it comes to showing footage at Cons now. It may be something the big studios stop doing.

I think it's probably because they don't want to encourage the leaks. If they budged on this, it will motivate leaks all the more, because everyone will have a means to a high quality end.

I hear that studios, after this Con, are more dubious than ever when it comes to showing footage at Cons now. It may be something the big studios stop doing.

Which is weird, considering how much discussion/nerding out occurs when they release this type of footage.

If anything, it has to help the excitement.

Archived