X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

I had forgotten that Wolverine Origins established his being born in the 1800s... In fact, I've tried to forget everything about that movie.

Here's a comparison of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in X-Men 1 vs. his second individual movie 10+ years later. it's actually kind of frightening. In ten more years I imagine that all of his internal organs will have been replaced by muscle.

That's the Photoshop "Add Muscle and Reduce Body Fat" filter. I use it for all my photos now.

I had forgotten that Wolverine Origins established his being born in the 1800s... In fact, I've tried to forget everything about that movie.

Here's a comparison of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in X-Men 1 vs. his second individual movie 10+ years later. it's actually kind of frightening. In ten more years I imagine that all of his internal organs will have been replaced by muscle.

That is an excellent defense against forgetting that :) I only remember because the opening montage was the best part about the film - I'd have watched a 2 hour film about the war montage.

That comparison is scary. it's like the Rock making the Rock look puny photo. Probably says a lot about what people expect from their male leads these days. I know it's something Chris Evans complains about with his Captain America role.

I don't think Pompeii, Cinderella and Terminator: Genysis (or however you spell it) are quality projects at all.

I would agree that GoT actors need better projects. Up to this moment, let we say Dinklage got Days of the future past, Harington got How to train your dragon 2, and Dance, already established actor just as Dinklage, had a good year in 2014 . with The Immitation Game and Dracula Untold and also Headey and Coster-Waldau had some movie roles. Sophie had that "Another me" movie which wasn't some success, but this sounds like a good start point. I loved Famke as Jean, and I am happy for Sophie...

Now, Cinderella... Kenneth Branagh directing and Cate Blanchett and Helena Bonham Carter starring. The trailer suggested it is carbon copy of the original, which, truth be told, is refreshing from the usual desecration of Disney movies. So, I suppose we can wait and see it... But I am inclined to believe I won't be that happy.

While in the first movie he had a lot less time to prepare physically (he replaced Dougray Scott at the last minute) which explains the difference, it still is frightening, and I doubt a middle age person can look like this without having some health problems eventually.

Jackman probably follows a strict diet and trains like crazy. On top of that, they are bound to use some subtle tricks to make him look even more ripped. Lighting, make-up, some digital effects perhaps and for the shirtless scenes they probably also use the cola light trick.

Jackman probably follows a strict diet and trains like crazy. On top of that, they are bound to use some subtle tricks to make him look even more ripped. Lighting, make-up, some digital effects perhaps and for the shirtless scenes they probably also use the cola light trick.

I should have added "if he looks like that without any special effects or make-up".

While in the first movie he had a lot less time to prepare physically (he replaced Dougray Scott at the last minute) which explains the difference, it still is frightening, and I doubt a middle age person can look like this without having some health problems eventually.

That scene from X1 was his first day on set, before he really got in shape. Notice he put on a sweatshirt pretty fast. In contrast, the cage fight scene was one of the last scenes they shot.

And steroids. You're kidding yourself if you think these guys aren't juicing a bit. Not that it's bad, most steroid stereotypes aren't really based on reality.

That scene from X1 was his first day on set, before he really got in shape. Notice he put on a sweatshirt pretty fast. In contrast, the cage fight scene was one of the last scenes they shot.

Yeah, he said in an interview that his size was a concern when filming and that they used movie magic of having him more ripped in the intro scene (which was shot last) and that fooled us into thinking he was big throughout.

I think he mentioned "the rock" gave him some tips.

• 4 weeks later...

Ben Hardy, who was on the short list to play young Cyclops, was chosen for another role. It isn't revealed, however. And, it's described as "significant." Some are speculating Angel. Singer is pretty transparent when it comes to these announcements, though. If he remains mum, the role must be pretty interesting.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/ben-hardy-lands-x-men-apocalypse-role

I hope Apocalypse gives them a real hard time.

There should be an alternate ending for those of us who want to see him win.

Like maybe he rebuffs all the X-Men's attacks and shoves them all into a huge juicer and finds the juice invigorating.

There could be a V-8 promotional tie-in with his image on the bottle taking a big swig.

Go Apoc! Love you baby.

Like maybe he rebuffs all the X-Men's attacks and shoves them all into a huge juicer and finds the juice invigorating.

There could be a V-8 promotional tie-in with his image on the bottle taking a big swig.

Go Apoc! Love you baby.

:D

Go Apoc! Love you baby.

He was great in the 90s cartoon as he was utterly unstoppable. There's a scene where he's given one of his "apocalyptic" speeches and the x-men try to crush him in a trap and he doesn't even pause. check the 3:15 point if you can't handle the entire awesomeness of these clips. "I am the rocks of the eternal shore. BReak upon me" :)

The freaky thing is that I'm now convinced that Tom HArdy watched this cartoon along with whoever wrote the script of Batman rises.

• 5 weeks later...

Couple things. It's looking more and more likely that Hardy's character in this movie will be Angel. Concept art released by Singer...

https://instagram.com/p/03G3UFxD1n/

Jubilee was cast...

https://instagram.com/p/0qVuAKxDxJ/

And, apparently, they are casting Psylocke. Movie seems like it'll have a ton of moving parts...but, hey, worked for DoFP.

Archived