X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

Great, we have juist finished catching up on all the movies. As a person who have no background in comic books whatsoever, I just took the flying guy to be a symbol. I don't think they even referred to him as Angel (interestingly that's how my mom immediately referred to him, I was thinking the 'swanman'), so I am sure all avenues are opened. From the teaser it looks like the vaccine is only temporary just like the Source Guy, so fingers crossed Mystique will be back. My fav character! (Well, and Rogue will be for a nasty surprise). :)

Is it just me?.... or should we see if they can pull off Days of Future Past before we start shucking corn over Apocalypse?

My faith in FOX as it pertains to the X-Men brand is tentative at best. I hope they make me eat my words, but they still seem too addicted to Wolverine to treat the source material with enough respect.

Is it just me?.... or should we see if they can pull off Days of Future Past before we start shucking corn over Apocalypse?

My faith in FOX as it pertains to the X-Men brand is tentative at best. I hope they make me eat my words, but they still seem too addicted to Wolverine to treat the source material with enough respect.

Yeah, I don't have any faith in Fox currently- only a reboot with a good director with a strong vision will make this franchise work, I think. And Bryan Singer has more misses than hits, specially when he's the one writing it.

A lot of the complaints seem to be about Wolverine. Who's a decent enough character I think, but should not be taking up 70% of the screentime. So, I agree. Too much Wolverine, not enough Kitty!

Free Ellen Page!

Great, we have juist finished catching up on all the movies. As a person who have no background in comic books whatsoever, I just took the flying guy to be a symbol. I don't think they even referred to him as Angel (interestingly that's how my mom immediately referred to him, I was thinking the 'swanman'), so I am sure all avenues are opened. From the teaser it looks like the vaccine is only temporary just like the Source Guy, so fingers crossed Mystique will be back. My fav character! (Well, and Rogue will be for a nasty surprise). :)

Rogue's scene was cut from this upcoming movie.

I'm just curious if we'll see Kitty cut as well, just to make sure we can get that extra 5-10 mins of Wolverine.

It's not that Wolverine isn't an awesome character... it's that the studio execs at FOX are milking him at the expense of other awesome characters...

They totally blew it with the original 5 ... and now Cyclops --the main f'ing X-man-- is nothing more than a supporting, part time player... They essentially turned Rogue into Jubilee... D0FP is really a Kitty Pride story, but they're turning into a wolverine story

Every Avenger got their chance to shine... FOX needs to figure out how they did that.

Motivation don't mean nothin'. He didn't shine... At all.

Sure he did. He got his whole mind-control thing which I thought was a pretty clever way of making sure he got some screen time and was different from the other members. He did sort of fade into the background after he snapped out of it though.

Sure he did. He got his whole mind-control thing which I thought was a pretty clever way of making she he got some screen time and was different from the other members. He did sort of fade into the background after he snapped out of it though.

He also blew Loki out of the sky with a trick arrow* so that the Hulk could smash him.

*Because Loki is the kind of guy who will adopt a smug, gloating expression before getting rid of the arrow even when there's nobody around to appreciate his display of superiority.

It's not that Wolverine isn't an awesome character... it's that the studio execs at FOX are milking him at the expense of other awesome characters...

As opposed to Marvel doing it in the comics for the last twenty-five years or so...and even more so once Bendis got his hands on him...?

Motivation don't mean nothin'. He didn't shine... At all.

Madness. The knife fight with Black Widow was awesome.

He also blew Loki out of the sky with a trick arrow* so that the Hulk could smash him.

*Because Loki is the kind of guy who will adopt a smug, gloating expression before getting rid of the arrow even when there's nobody around to appreciate his display of superiority.

Well, he's looking in Hawkeye's direction. Is it too great a leap to think that they can see each other?

Cyclops has actually been far, far more interesting than Wolverine in recent years.

Cyclops has been the most interesting character from Marvel comics in the last 5 years. If they took his arc from "messiah complex" to "AvX" (somehow ommitting the comic events themselves) then he'd do well in film. They somehow made him a combination of Magneto and Xavier's dreams in which he basically told mankind "we're here to help unless you threaten us". I'm definitely hoping the bew film allows them to bring Cyclops back into the movie franchise.

Madness. The knife fight with Black Widow was awesome.

Well, he's looking in Hawkeye's direction. Is it too great a leap to think that they can see each other?

I guess god's can have good eyesight and it was definitely insinuated in the films that Hawkeye had superhuman vision/awareness of his surroundings.

Archived