X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

It's about that time, folks. The rumor mill is starting to buzz with rumored names for the new roles.

The Wrap reports the early candidates for Jean Grey are Chloe Moretz (MEH!), Elle Fanning (Maleficent), and Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit).

For Cyclops, candidates are Ben Hardy (Eastenders), Charlie Rowe (Red Band Society), and Timothee Chalamet (Homeland).

Because everything is better with pictures.

He said they had to be recast because this is the 80s. So the characters are too old to be played by the cast from X-Men First Class; but also too young to be played by James Marsden from the original cast.

Is that essentially it?

I'm sorry, Rhom. I'm betting your statements make perfect sense, but my brain isn't processing. "So the characters are too old to be played by the cast from X-Men First Class." -- Do you mean everyone in general? From what I hear, they're using movie magic to make McAvoy and Fassbender look older.

Something tells me they're going to be subtle about it, as Fox no doubt wants to maintain the attractiveness of the actors. Fassbender will probably get some salt and pepper. Charles will be bald.

He said they had to be recast because this is the 80s. So the characters are too old to be played by the cast from X-Men First Class; but also too young to be played by James Marsden from the original cast.

Is that essentially it?

Cyclops and Jean Grey didn't appear in X-men: First Class.

They *should* recast everything now that they have the chance..... including wolverine

I agree. With someone less known as Wolverine, maybe there will be a chance for other characters to shine for once.

They *should* recast everything now that they have the chance..... including wolverine

As much as I enjoyed DoFP, they should've reboot after X3. DoFP was a nice reward for people who suffered through the maintenance of the movie continuity in the subsequent years, but still.

They're not going to recast these roles now that they've established the period piece superhero film, on top of locking up big names like Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender. Beyond that, rebooting after such an acclaimed movie doesn't happen. You only see that once the franchise fizzles.

Cyclops and Jean Grey didn't appear in X-men: First Class.e.

Oh? I actually have not seen it somehow. I didn't know Cyclops wasn't in it. How the hell do you have a movie about the early X-Men without him?!!?

Oh? I actually have not seen it somehow. I didn't know Cyclops wasn't in it. How the hell do you have a movie about the early X-Men without him?!!?

That was one of the critiques of the film. But, First Class was intended to be about a young Prof. X and Magneto in the 60s -- Cyclops wouldn't have been born.

First Class takes place in the 60s, with the Cuban Missile Crisis as the backdrop.

Days of Future Past takes place in the future (obviously), but the Past era is the 70s.

Apocalypse will be 80s.

That was one of the critiques of the film. But, First Class was intended to be about a young Prof. X and Magneto in the 60s -- Cyclops wouldn't have been born.

First Class takes place in the 60s, with the Cuban Missile Crisis as the backdrop.

Days of Future Past takes place in the future (obviously), but the Past era is the 70s.

Apocalypse will be 80s.

Surely this means that Dazzler has to be in it?

X-Men: Apocalypse, you had my curiosity... but now you have my attention.

EDIT: Fassbender, McAvoy, Jackman, Lawrence, Hoult, Isaac, possibly Steinfeld etc. you can hate the current crop of X-Men movies all you want, but they clearly have the best casting in the superhero verse going for them.

Archived