[Book & Show Spoilers]The "Episode 9" Moment of Season 4 - Part 2

Inquisitor Glokta

Well she isn't visible in any of the ep. 9 looking shots from the trailer, but the attack from the south will be in ep. 9. She and the fellows playing Styr and Tormund were in Belfast at the time they were shooting the battle near Belfast and Neil Marshall said in one of his interviews that his ep. was shot after most of the rest of the season was finished. I'm pretty sure she'll be in it. After all he said something "devastating" happens. I can't think of what else would fit that label.

Ugh. Any ideas what the wildlings south of the Wall are going to be doing for 8 freaking episodes then? Sitting around with their thumbs up their butts??

Ugh. Any ideas what the wildlings south of the Wall are going to be doing for 8 freaking episodes then? Sitting around with their thumbs up their butts??

It looks like they go back to regroup as they are now joined by Styr and the Thenns. There also appears to be a sacking of Moletown that will happen before they attack Castle Black so they will have enough to do.

Onna Lewyys, in the trailer it looks like Ygritte, Tormund and this season's newly introduced Thenns get up to some violent shenanigans. I assume they'll meet Styr and set out raiding. They don't have to be in every episode either, just enough to create some buildup and then, bam, kill nearly all of them in ep. 9. If you look at the trailer and remember some of the extras casting, its interesting to see that the Thenns are all going to be bald, not just Styr. Also, if you remember that leaked audition tape from the Spring of the scene when Tormund and Ygritte meet Styr, it infers that they've made them cannibalistic. I'm sure that scenes somewhere on google videos. My point is that they're making them quite antagonistic to contrast with the hearty Tormund (who in the audition tape, says "I fucking hate Thenns") and the sympathetic Ygritte. This will set up an interesting enough dynamic for at least a few scenes.

I can't paste on this website but look up Yorick von Wageningen game of thrones audition on google videos.

"As devastating as the Red Wedding," they say?

What was the most devastating part of the Red Wedding? Not that Catelyn's throat was slit. Not that Robb was betrayed and murdered. No, it was pregnant Talisa being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. It was Robb crawling through his wife's blood to put a hand on her stomach, and the dead baby Eddard within. That, I believe, was the sole reason they even made her pregnant in the show at all—to make her death that much more devastating.

So, I think that not only will Jon's arrow be the one that kills Ygritte, but that she will be pregnant when she's killed.

You're right, sadly. Will she name the baby Eddard, too? Maybe Rhaegar. Because, you know, it wouldn't be tragic enough for Ygritte to die the way she did in the books. Cupping his cheek, saying you know nothing. Remembering the cave. Just them and what they meant to each other. That wouldn't be DRAMATIC!!!! enough.

This makes me cry just reading, but it's not going to be enough for them. It would be enough for the audience, though.

"We'll go back to the cave," he said. "You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not."

"Oh." Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she sighed, dying.

You're right, sadly. Will she name the baby Eddard, too? Maybe Rhaegar. Because, you know, it wouldn't be tragic enough for Ygritte to die the way she did in the books. Cupping his cheek, saying you know nothing. Remembering the cave. Just them and what they meant to each other. That wouldn't be DRAMATIC!!!! enough.

This makes me cry just reading, but it's not going to be enough for them. It would be enough for the audience, though.

D and D should make that a running joke, by episode 9 of every season, someone named Eddard should die, if it's a stillborn even better.

Ok, seriously now, I think people are reading way to much about "As devastating as the Red Wedding," Neil just said that to build up the excitement for next season, and the RW was still fresh in everyone's mind.

I sincerely hope you don't equate all members of the audience with yourself, though I wouldn't exactly be surprised if you did.

I sincerely hope you don't equate all members of the audience with yourself, though I wouldn't exactly be surprised if you did.

This fails to address the point Le Cygne made, though: the scene, as written, would have a fantastic reception if book readers are a good indication (and, based on how the reception of scenes on the show is generally similar to the reception of the same scenes in the book, I think it's fair to say that book readers are a good indication).

But whatever, attack the poster instead of making an insightful point, like usual.

Are we seriously entertaining the thought that they're going to make Ygritte pregnant?

Yep and the baby will be named Eddard and Ygritte will turn out to be Bruce Willis all along and she will appear to Jon in the clouds alongside Ned and the two dead Eddard babies. Typical D&D.

This fails to address the point Le Cygne made, though: the scene, as written, would have a fantastic reception if book readers are a good indication (and, based on how the reception of scenes on the show is generally similar to the reception of the same scenes in the book, I think it's fair to say that book readers are a good indication).

But whatever, attack the poster instead of making an insightful point, like usual.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Exactly. I think the scene would be very moving as written, kept simple and sweet. The two actors are wonderfully expressive, and would do a lovely job. It would be right there with the scene of Drogo dying, which stayed true to the book scene in the first season, and was so beautifully done on the show. Less is more.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Exactly. I think the scene would be very moving as written, kept simple and sweet. The two actors are wonderfully expressive, and would do a lovely job. It would be right there with the scene of Drogo dying, which stayed true to the book scene in the first season, and was so beautifully done on the show. Less is more.

I don't see anybody disagreeing with you, about the scene as written, just the silly assumption that the producers will go over-the-top and make Ygritte pregnant. Although I'm not sure I agree about Kit being wonderfully expressive, he's improved, but still the weakest link in the cast.

I think the way to make it more devastating is for it to be Jon's arrow. But he doesn't appear to be wearing a quiver in that BTS video, so who knows? I can't imagine a better moment for social media purposes than "Oh. You know nothing, Jon Snow." If they want to make it Jon's arrow, fine. But I don't think it needs much more than that.

Onna Lewyys, in the trailer it looks like Ygritte, Tormund and this season's newly introduced Thenns get up to some violent shenanigans. I assume they'll meet Styr and set out raiding. They don't have to be in every episode either, just enough to create some buildup and then, bam, kill nearly all of them in ep. 9. If you look at the trailer and remember some of the extras casting, its interesting to see that the Thenns are all going to be bald, not just Styr. Also, if you remember that leaked audition tape from the Spring of the scene when Tormund and Ygritte meet Styr, it infers that they've made them cannibalistic. I'm sure that scenes somewhere on google videos. My point is that they're making them quite antagonistic to contrast with the hearty Tormund (who in the audition tape, says "I fucking hate Thenns") and the sympathetic Ygritte. This will set up an interesting enough dynamic for at least a few scenes.

I can't paste on this website but look up Yorick von Wageningen game of thrones audition on google videos.

Cannibals!? God I hope not. They're supposed to be the most lordly of the free folk, not the most savage.

But I suppose the rest sounds fine, even though it doesn't really make sense. They shouldn't really be raiding while the NW is fortifying the castle. But (sigh) I guess I have to deal with it.

Another thing that doesn't make sense, though, is how they're even going to coordinate the attacks anymore. Orell was supposed to send his eagle up over the Wall to see the strike signal, but he can't do that now that he's dead. Unless one of the other free folk can speak eagle.

If there's one thing Kit Harington is, it's expressive. My goodness, he's seriously got the emo thing down.

It would be a great scene if they kept it simple, but I think a lot of us are questioning that they will after the Red Wedding.

I think "They killed a pregnant girl at the Red Wedding=They plan on making every girl that dies pregnant" is a fairly ridiculous assumption and not worth bringing up personally. But that would hurt the narrative for some here so I understand why we have to endure those kind of posts.

Archived