R+L=J v 67

Stubby

Robert Baratheon had always been a man of huge appetites, a man who knew how to take his pleasures. That was not a charge anyone could lay at the door of Eddard Stark.

Is it just me, or are we told right in the first Ned PoV that he is not a man who would father a bastard? :D

Robert Baratheon had always been a man of huge appetites, a man who knew how to take his pleasures. That was not a charge anyone could lay at the door of Eddard Stark.

Is it just me, or are we told right in the first Ned PoV that he is not a man who would father a bastard? :D

There is a middle ground between not known to be sleeping around and never fathering a bastard. One chance is all that takes.

Unfortunately this is just the way you jump at conclusions if they fit your theory.

It does seem to suggest that Rhaegar had more than one son. I guess it could also be taken to mean that Cersei herself had more than one son.

Here are my feelings on the R+L=J Theory… & I do realize that there is a fair, if not good chance that I am wrong on this...

Personally, I do not believe that R+L=J will have any future bearing on the story. Furthermore, I do not expect that GRRM will ever answer this mystery to the extent that will satisfy R+L=J fans.

That is far enough. GRRM has said that we will know the answer before the end of the story. It does hav3e a significant impact on the story. The Prince that was Promised will come from the line of Aerys and Rhaella. TPtwP and Azor Ahai are the same prophecies (SSM). The woods witch gave tPtwP prophecy and she certainly knows the difference between male and female. The prince can be none other than Jon. Now, will the PtwP turn his back on mankind and lay ruin to Westeros, and likely Essos? Will the book end with Tyrion surveying a landscape of tombstones?

That is far enough. GRRM has said that we will know the answer before the end of the story. It does hav3e a significant impact on the story. The Prince that was Promised will come from the line of Aerys and Rhaella. TPtwP and Azor Ahai are the same prophecies (SSM). The woods witch gave tPtwP prophecy and she certainly knows the difference between male and female. The prince can be none other than Jon. Now, will the PtwP turn his back on mankind and lay ruin to Westeros, and likely Essos? Will the book end with Tyrion surveying a landscape of tombstones?

On the other hand, the Prince that was promised can be Aegon, as Rhaegar believed.

Depending on Young Griff being the real Aegon or a fake he will either save Westeros or Westeros is doomed because Gregor Clegane smashed the head of PtwP.

That is far enough. GRRM has said that we will know the answer before the end of the story.

He did say "Jon's parentage will be revealed."

However, I can still imagine deluded fans arguing that the revelation was a lie, and that the real truth is in the books for those who are paying close attention...

The Prince that was Promised will come from the line of Aerys and Rhaella.

According to a woods witch of uncertain accuracy.

TPtwP and Azor Ahai are the same prophecies (SSM).

Can you provide a link?

And as a result of what Gregor Clegane did to the original Aegon, Jon is now the PTWP, and he'll be the three-headed dragon.

Or it was never Aegon to begin with.

Really though, when will people finally pick up on the fact that when anyone says "So-and-so fulfills this prophecy!" the person doesn't?

On the issue of TPTWP and AAR being the same, it hasn't been confirmed by GRRM.

The SSM many people speak of, GRRM was speaking from the POV of Mel, she is the one that believes they are the same, and she has been known to misinterpret things.

The prince can be none other than Jon.

I'm not entirely convinced of this. I believe there are others who might qualify… At least I have yet to uncover sufficient evidence to disregard other inhabitants of Westeros… GRRM has been very careful to withhold all the good pieces of the puzzle… The revelations in the coming books will be significant & will likely flip the whole story on it's head… So, at this point, I think it is a bit premature to declare Jon Snow to be TPTWP or whatever.

Now, will the PtwP turn his back on mankind and lay ruin to Westeros, and likely Essos? Will the book end with Tyrion surveying a landscape of tombstones?

If for the sake of this discussion, we assume that Jon Snow is the PtwP, then I think this is a pretty good guess of the story's outcome… Jon (regardless of being TPTWP or not) is going to wreak havoc on Westeros.

I'm guessing that you are familiar with Norse Mythology? There will be utter destruction & the survivors will rise to remake the world.

What we have seen of the Ghost of the High Heart's prophecy, she got that dead right.

If the woods witch is the Ghost, which is itself of no certain accuracy.

BTW, JNR, similarity to JonNonRegis is a coincidence?

No coincidence. I was one of many to be shut out of earlier accounts by the unsolved technical issues of the site.

I saw a new account named "Free Northman Reborn" and chuckled.

The Woods Witch accompanied Jenny of Oldstones to court. The Ghost of High Heart remembers her Jenny in one breath with Summerhall and tears. No, it hasn't been completely spelled out, but my level of certainty for the Woods Witch being the Ghost of High Heart is along the same lines as my certainty that Roose Bolton was the man in the pink cloak who killed Robb.

The Woods Witch accompanied Jenny of Oldstones to court. The Ghost of High Heart remembers her Jenny in one breath with Summerhall and tears. No, it hasn't been completely spelled out, but my level of certainty for the Woods Witch being the Ghost of High Heart is along the same lines as my certainty that Roose Bolton was the man in the pink cloak who killed Robb.

IIRC, wasn't the Woods Witch said to be a stunted thing, as well?

Exactly. I think Daenerys is not the PTWP. Jon is.

And there's also an in-story reason Aemon does think it's Dany: He thinks she's the last Targaryen. If he knew the new Lord Commander who reminded him so much of Egg was actually a Targ, he'd probably not jump to the conclusion that Dany was tPtwP.

And there's also an in-story reason Aemon does think it's Dany: He thinks she's the last Targaryen. If he knew the new Lord Commander who reminded him so much of Egg was actually a Targ, he'd probably not jump to the conclusion that Dany was tPtwP.

Which is why I give a bigass eye roll whenever anyone says that Dany is AA/tPtwP because Aemon said so.

Archived