First Look at Season 4

Westeros

I totally agree that it would be better if the show did show Sansa undoing her hairstyle and changing clothes, yet I'm just trying to find an explanation for the possible stunt-double we see. Apart from Sansa's fall before she gets to the boat, there is no reason for her to have a stunt-double, unless they add a new scene of Joffrey tormenting Sansa during his wedding or before if Sansa wears that dress several times (but again, the presence of the small flower-shaped (?) ornament makes me think that it really is the wedding).

Also, since many believe the background to be a fake one or non-final one, I guess the real background (if they really did go down the concealing where Sansa is road) could just be Baelish's boat, she is on the deck and sees land in the distance, hoping for home.

I totally agree that it would be better if the show did show Sansa undoing her hairstyle and changing clothes, yet I'm just trying to find an explanation for the possible stunt-double we see. Apart from Sansa's fall before she gets to the boat, there is no reason for her to have a stunt-double, unless they add a new scene of Joffrey tormenting Sansa during his wedding or before if Sansa wears that dress several times (but again, the presence of the small flower-shaped (?) ornament makes me think that it really is the wedding).

Also, since many believe the background to be a fake one or non-final one, I guess the real background (if they really did go down the concealing where Sansa is road) could just be Baelish's boat, she is on the deck and sees land in the distance, hoping for home.

That woman was not a stunt double, but a stand-in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-in

That woman was not a stunt double, but a stand-in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-in

That's what I thought, too.

I don't see anything to preclude the promo shot being her escape. I want them to take their time on her escape and not just brush past it. After all she's been through, let's let the audience take in this moment, when she thinks she's escaping her "torments"... And I really wanted to see that white fur cloak for the Eyrie scene. That's how many of us have always pictured it.

I rarely get what I want for Sansa as far as the show goes, but it's fun to think about it, anyway.

And I really wanted to see that white fur cloak for the Eyrie scene. That's how many of us have always pictured it.

The show's costume department seldom takes much direction from the books (which makes sense, in a way, since Martin isn't a costume designer, and his fantasy outfits don't necessarily reflect what they want to convey with a given costume), so I wouldn't hold out for that.

Actually, that's another reason I'm fairly sure that shot is from the Eyrie, because Sansa is so blatantly styled to look like Catelyn there, which would fit how both Littlefinger and Lysa react to her.

I have a feeling they may make her just look really gullible for most of the season, like they did last season. So that could be a look she's giving Littlefinger. All that matters is Littlefinger. No need for Sansa story stuff like finding out what a song can be (no songs), wishing the Hound (who?) was there for her, finding strength in the godswood, standing up to Littlefinger with a snowball to the face, and all of that. Just play nice with Littlefinger, leading up to Only Cat. The big moment, which will be about Littlefinger, just like the Red Wedding news was about Tyrion.

So the scene? I don't even know that we'll see any of it. I just know what I'd like to see.

Why white fur in the Eyrie scene? Symbolism, can't imagine anyone passing it up, it's perfect.

Here:

Sansa left the shutters open as she dressed. It would be cold, she knew, though the Eyrie’s towers encircled the garden and protected it from the worst of the mountain winds. She donned silken smallclothes and a linen shift, and over that a warm dress of blue lambswool. Two pairs of hose for her legs, boots that laced up to her knees, heavy leather gloves, and finally a hooded cloak of soft white fox fur...

Sansa eased open the door, and made her way down the winding stair. When she opened the door to the garden, it was so lovely that she held her breath, unwilling to disturb such perfect beauty. The snow drifted down and down, all in ghostly silence, and lay thick and unbroken on the ground. All color had fled the world outside. It was a place of whites and blacks and greys. White towers and white snow and white statues, black shadows and black trees, the dark grey sky above. A pure world, Sansa thought. I do not belong here.

Yet she stepped out all the same. Her boots tore ankle-deep holes into the smooth white surface of the snow, yet made no sound. Sansa drifted past frosted shrubs and thin dark trees, and wondered if she were still dreaming. Drifting snowflakes brushed her face as light as lover’s kisses, and melted on her cheeks. At the center of the garden, beside the statue of the weeping woman that lay broken and half-buried on the ground, she turned her face up to the sky and closed her eyes. She could feel the snow on her lashes, taste it on her lips. It was the taste of Winterfell. The taste of innocence. The taste of dreams.

Thank you for all of the pictures/links everyone. Man, I'm pumped. March is my birthday month, but more than that, it is Game of Thrones month. Best. Birthday. Present. Ever!

Oh, and I agree with some of the "long hair" comments in regards to the men. Wigs would be welcome, although I'm sure the women (Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke to name a few) are sick of dealing with their own wigs, so maybe the guys just aren't as tough and willing to put up with them? har!

Thank you for all of the pictures/links everyone. Man, I'm pumped. March is my birthday month, but more than that, it is Game of Thrones month. Best. Birthday. Present. Ever!

Oh, and I agree with some of the "long hair" comments in regards to the men. Wigs would be welcome, although I'm sure the women (Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke to name a few) are sick of dealing with their own wigs, so maybe the guys just aren't as tough and willing to put up with them? har!

It is a big gripe with me actually, it is just a bit careless. The made the effort with Jaquen and Thoros, why not Ramsay and Oberyn?

It is a big gripe with me actually, it is just a bit careless. The made the effort with Jaquen and Thoros, why not Ramsay and Oberyn?

Yeah, I actually really liked what they did with Jaquen. Thoros is not at all what I imagined, but I really enjoy his character in the show as well. Overall the casting has been great. Personal favorites are probably Davos and Tywin, and I grew into liking Richard Madden quite a bit as well as he grew into the role.

The show's costume department seldom takes much direction from the books (which makes sense, in a way, since Martin isn't a costume designer, and his fantasy outfits don't necessarily reflect what they want to convey with a given costume), so I wouldn't hold out for that.

Martin leaves well enough alone most of the time.

But he is prone of hyperbole , at times, ridiculous hair styles and Esos costume being a soft spot for him, I am grateful for the show's restraint!

Still, where the heck is Dany's Dragon Crown?!

Martin leaves well enough alone most of the time.

But he is prone of hyperbole , at times, ridiculous hair styles and Esos costume being a soft spot for him, I am grateful for the show's restraint!

Still, where the heck is Dany's Dragon Crown?!

Or Robb's, or Stannis's...

It was sad for me that show Robb died a king without a crown, specially since I was really looking forwards to see the "crown of winter" in TV, the books description is really cool, and in AFFC when LS is looking at her son's crown, it was a powerful image in my mind...she remembers

I don't think it's "not making an effort." In most shows they experiment with hair and makeup until they find one that looks the best and the actor isn't too distracted by (like the decision to remove the Targ colored contacts, as those things are a bitch to wear). imo, Pedro Pascal's facial shape looks better with a shorter haircut, but that's just me. As for Rammers, maybe all the wigs looked odd, everyone started making Hobbit jokes, they wanted to play up the family resemblance, or they wanted to really emphasize his (rather stunning) eyes.

I'm not throwing myself atop the show's wounded body, just trying to use some of my television experience to offer possibilities.

My big "wake the fuck up D&D" for S4 is Sansa. I didn't have a problem with her Tyrion interactions, but making her the punchline and downplaying her intelligence were really grating, especially when they did a great job giving her some sass in S2.

Archived