First Look at Season 4

Westeros

From what I heard, NCW actually wanted to shave his head and keep the beard, but the producers of 'The Other Woman' that is currently in production nixed that idea.

That just makes me like NCW even more, that he was willing to go that far to be close to the books. Same how Maisie Williams had Arya practise sword fighting with her left hand, instead of her right, which is what Maisie uses normally.

That just makes me like NCW even more, that he was willing to go that far to be close to the books. Same how Maisie Williams had Arya practise sword fighting with her left hand, instead of her right, which is what Maisie uses normally.

everything i hear makes me like ncw more tbh

I think this fits here.

Does anyone know, it's hard to find out, if the rumor, long ago, that Pixomondo was no longer CGI-VFX prime on GOT?

The company seems to have cash problems, but I don't know what this means for the show, and searching the NET and news turns up nothing.

That was great!

The scene with Joffrey looked fabulous. Such a shame that Jack wants to stop acting. He's so good at it. The scene with Sansa HAS to be the snow castle scene. It already looks magical. And Tyrion. Ah, poor Tyrion. He looked so angry and bitter.

NIIIIIICE!

Jack is great but if he follows through on giving up Hollywood to work overseas for international aid organizations, well, that's the opposite of shameful!

All Hail Good Guy Joffrey!

Most exciting for me, personally, is the first glimpse of a Meereenese champion—Oznak zo Pahl, in the books—charging at Daenerys’s chosen champion. In the books, that champion is Strong Belwas, but as we know, he will not be appearing (at least, not this season). Studying the image, it sure seems to be the re-castDaario Naharis will be acting as that champion, providing him another opportunity to show off his allegedly superlative swordsmanship

I agree. It makes sense.

And speaking of Sansa, we see her at what appears to be the Eyrie, likely marveling at the sight of snow… and perhaps a prelude to her building her castle in the snow.

I don't agree with this. You look at the color of the stone etc. It looks like sewers or the base of Kings landing. It doesn't look like Eyerie. Not even a bit.

Sansa is escaping from King landing. She looks ecstatic. Maybe she saw the ship that will take her far away from lannisters. But I'm not entirely sure yet.

I agree. It makes sense.

I don't agree with this. You look at the color of the stone etc. It looks like sewers or the base of Kings landing. It doesn't look like Eyerie. Not even a bit.

Sansa is escaping from King landing. She looks ecstatic. Maybe she saw the ship that will take her far away from lannisters. But I'm not entirely sure yet.

When I first saw the pic, my first reaction was "Yes! The Eyrie!"

I don't think she's at KL...she was terrified and wouldn't have that look on her face.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if this scene were in the Fingers, just when her Aunt Lysa comes to marry Petyr? Maybe that look on her face is: "Yay! Family!" Tragic.

When I first saw the pic, my first reaction was "Yes! The Eyrie!"

I don't think she's at KL...she was terrified and wouldn't have that look on her face.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if this scene were in the Fingers, just when her Aunt Lysa comes to marry Petyr? Maybe that look on her face is: "Yay! Family!" Tragic.

Yes completely possible and makes sense.

Not sure how to read show Sansa anymore, after season 3. But I am seeing a hopeful look there.

I tend to think it's this. Maybe she's seeing the same ship again, a contrast to when she was crying watching it leave. That's a good visual. If that's the case, she knows it's Littlefinger.

Fingers, I didn't get that kind of vibe at all. The bar had been lowered quite a bit by then.

I was trying to find where Hannis saw this, it's the OP:

And speaking of Sansa, we see her at what appears to be the Eyrie, likely marveling at the sight of snow… and perhaps a prelude to her building her castle in the snow.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/First_Look_at_Season_4

She's dressed for the outdoors, but she's not dressed for snow.

Here's a big screenshot:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c4e602b73681e05527aa91c13f261ded/tumblr_mxx271nmh81qgfbkmo3_1280.png

No, I'd say that's pretty clearly the Eyrie. Sansa's hairstyle is completely different from the wedding, and I rather doubt she took the time to completely redo her hair in the process of escaping.

No, I'd say that's pretty clearly the Eyrie. Sansa's hairstyle is completely different from the wedding, and I rather doubt she took the time to completely redo her hair in the process of escaping.

She does in the books, it's a key part of the scene:

Sansa slid her arm from a sleeve, pushed down the gown, and wriggled out of it. She balled it up and shoved it into the bole of an oak, shook out the clothing she had hidden there. Dress warmly, Ser Dontos had told her, and dress dark. She had no blacks, so she chose a dress of thick brown wool. The bodice was decorated with freshwater pearls, though. The cloak will cover them. The cloak was a deep green, with a large hood. She slipped the dress over her head, and donned the cloak, though she left the hood down for the moment. There were shoes as well, simple and sturdy, with flat heels and square toes. The gods heard my prayer, she thought. She felt so numb and dreamy. My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel. Her hands moved stiffly, awkwardly, as if they had never let down her hair before. For a moment she wished Shae was there, to help her with the net.

When she pulled it free, her long auburn hair cascaded down her back and across her shoulders. The web of spun silver hung from her fingers, the fine metal glimmering softly, the stones black in the moonlight. Black amethysts from Asshai. One of them was missing. Sansa lifted the net for a closer look. There was a dark smudge in the silver socket where the stone had fallen out.

The shot could be this moment:

She passed through twelve feet of wall, and then she was outside the castle, standing at the top of the cliff. Below was the river, above the sky, and one was as black as the other.

Archived