Which ASOIF Character are you? Game of Thrones Myers Briggs Chart

DrownedbyFire

• 4 weeks later...

Usually when i do these tests, I get INTP (Maester Cressen) but this time I got INTJ (Tywin Lannister). I must be better organised than I thought...

Still I have no plans to do away with my enemies during a family gathering...yet. :ohwell:

There's a big difference between INTP and INTJ. The two key functions for INTPs are introverted thinking and extroverted intuition. The two key functions for INTJs are introverted intuition and extroverted thinking. This means that INTPs are scatterbrains who like to analyse theoretical possibilities, whereas INTJs have abstract plans that they are driven to pursue. INTPs are interested in the journey, INTJs are interested in the destination.

I expected to get Ned but actually got Stannis. It's no accident that they are so close together on the chart, and I'm certain if I were able to examine the nuts and bolts of the algorithm this thing operates on, the different result comes down to just a couple of questions. Probably the ones that I had to pause on and took a long time before basically coinflipping for the answer. I like to think Justice and Mercy are equally important to me! :)

I'm probably somewhere between the two, drifting towards one or the other based on my mood at any given time.

I got Margaery. And I'm a guy...

She has an amazing track record! Anyone in the business world could use her story as something to aspire to. For the way Marge has dominated the marketplace without having to hold up her end of the bargain. It's been like a win/win/win for her.

Also, is there a letter code applied to people who refuse to take the test because they don't want to be reduced to a sequence of four letters? ("EMP's only get 3 letters to reflect how they didn't complete the test. They tend to show initiative and thus are unfit for most jobs, though some may be well suited for a Dictatorship---good work if you can get it.")

There's a big difference between INTP and INTJ. The two key functions for INTPs are introverted thinking and extroverted intuition. The two key functions for INTJs are introverted intuition and extroverted thinking. This means that INTPs are scatterbrains who like to analyse theoretical possibilities, whereas INTJs have abstract plans that they are driven to pursue. INTPs are interested in the journey, INTJs are interested in the destination.

As a INTJ that's a pretty clear description of how I think. I would I don't care how I get there I just want to get there in my thinking. Yet once I get to the destination I have to back track to figure out how I got there. Like theories or little tidbits run through my mind all the time yet I can't sometimes know how I get to that conclusions.

Example: Half hand kept coming back in my mind as Gerold Hightower yet I couldn't figure how I got there. Then I remember a little piece of information that he had injured his hand and that's how my brain had pieced that little bit of info. The piece were all there I just didn't know how it was assembled. IF I actually cared about the journey and not just the destination I would have known that.

The key thing to remember about Briggs Meyer tests is that they absurdly simplify something pretty damn complex and assume a fake sense of objectivity and absolutism that simply doesn't exist when talking about human beings

The tests themselves oversimplify the underlying theory. To take my own type, INTP is really a shorthand description for four particular functions operating in descending levels of importance (introverted thinking, extroverted intuition, introverted sensing, and extroverted feeling). How those functions interact with each other (and how well developed they are, which is something that varies with both age and life experience) is what "makes" an INTP, rather than just uniformly categorising the type as introverted intuitive thinking perceivers.

The key thing to remember about Briggs Meyer tests is that they absurdly simplify something pretty damn complex and assume a fake sense of objectivity and absolutism that simply doesn't exist when talking about human beings

to wit: retaking the test not even an hour later, my second score went from 1% S to 12% N, and now I'm Tywin.

Many of us would, I imagine, get subtly different results each time we take it, enough to shift characters at least some of the time.

100% Introvert though, I'm fairly certain that's not changing any time soon and my wandering would be limited to those first eight. :)

• 3 months later...

Archived