The Hateful Eight- Tarantino's New Movie

AndyBaelish

A nice interview indeed. Thanks for linking it. Have to agree with Veltigar though, I'm suprised by his love of Newsroom (hated that show) and American Hustle. Also HIMYM. Never would have guessed he'd watch such a show. Each their own though. He's much more hit than miss with the stuff I've seen him talk about/recommend over the years. I can forgive a few missteps. :P

What's wrong with liking HIMYM?

What's wrong with liking HIMYM?

Just not the type of show I'd think he'd be into. Quentin Tarantino watching a rom/com is suprising to me.

Personally I can't comment on the show too much as I've only seen a few episodes, but didn't care much for it.

Unless you don't like any network sitcoms (a perfectly reasonable opinion), HIMYM's first few seasons are about as good as those get.  It fell off a cliff though, so in terms of average quality it's not great. Watching The Newsroom three times is far less defensible. I understand it though as its fan base seems to consist of people who both completely agree with its political message and are also deeply in love with the sound of their own voices. I generally find those people to be insufferable, but I'm giving QT a pass here as his self love is totally justified. Actually one of the things I like about his interviews is his lack of false humility. He knows he's a generational talent and answers questions with that as a given.

I only watched the trailer now. Thought it was pretty good. I personally don't like trailers that give too much away, as is the case with most superhero movies and shows coming out this spring (SA spring).

• 3 months later...

First the script leaked and now the entire movie has. Tarantino just can't catch a break with this one. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/hateful-eight-revenant-leak-watch-online-1201666010/

Edit: He's gotta be especially annoyed that people are seeing it on their computer screens instead of in 70mm.

And then have people asking why he'd bother to film a movie that takes place mostly in a cabin in 70mm.

I still havent seen it yet, i'm sure i'll get to it over the holidays now as I'm off the rest of the year.

1. I have a real paranoia of trailers and avoid them, too much spoilage imo.

2. I dont put much stock in critic reviews either, especially with Quentin films. Any writer with an axe to grind (or who disagrees with his politics) can be out there panning his work. Especially with an organized effort (boycott) like the F.O.P. has threatened.

If I find it wasnt up to my expectations after viewing it, i'll post why and discuss it. But Tarantino has earned enough currency with me (based on his past volume of work) that I will have to view for myself and wouldnt be able to take anothers word for it. The boycott threat definately makes me suspicious of any negative reviews, it also makes the film a "must see" for me.

They're idiots....well no I wouldn't go that far, but it is a good film.

These are quick little fan reviews for the most part. One of the recurrent complaints seems to be that it takes forever for anything to happen. That being said, like DireWolfSpirit posted above, I will see it because I'm a fan.

These are quick little fan reviews for the most part. One of the recurrent complaints seems to be that it takes forever for anything to happen. That being said, like DireWolfSpirit posted above, I will see it because I'm a fan.

The film is almost 3 hours long and it flew by for me, I didn't really notice this supposed drag cause of the funny dialogue. But it's mostly about what happens when you get a bunch of nutjobs with a ton of baggage under the same roof.

Archived