Harry and Hermione

fuem

I liked that Ron got the girl, personally. He got the shitty end of the stick in every other aspect.

Yeah, definitely. There are so many aspects to their relationship that makes it work for me, so I'm glad they got together.

The Harry and Hermione dance scene in the film just shows the love two friends can have for one another, and that's what made it so special.

Interesting that she said she put Ron and Hermione together out of wish fulfilment. I would've thought that Harry and Hermione would be more of a Mary Sue move. Or is Rowling the sad, unloved ginger here?

Neither Harry nor Ron are the chivalrous heroes of the story. It is Neville. He has less to lose but more choices than Harry, and unlike Harry, he tends to get most everything right. He lives third class among "friends" who appreciate him, but always to a certain point only. All through the books and especially in the end, it is Neville`s preservance and faithfulness and strong effort that saves the day - and in the end, Hogwarts and humanity. He is the real Azor Ahai Godwin Godric Gryffindor come again.

As girls go, Hermione of course is our primary heroine, but Ginny and Luna aren´t bad at all, they just haven´t been built up that well in the story.

edit: Godwin -> Godric thanks @Dracarya

I am among those who thinks the epilog provided nothing to the story and should have been left off complelty. Let the reader make their own story, it already tied everything up to neatly. Hell, she already let both Harry and Ron get the girl. Suprised Neville didn't end up with Luna just to keep all the major characters together. Perhaps they could each take a unit in a triplex?

Or do what Solo said. That works.

It could have gone either way, but from a literature stand point having the protagonist not get the main female character was more original.

ETA: I am rather disappointed that she's gone back on her opinion. Now neither side of the fandom can really be happy. "Harmonians" have a canon they don't want and the Ron/Hermione shippers have a canon they do want but that's been ridiculed by the author.

Neither Harry nor Ron are the chivalrous heroes of the story. It is Neville. He has less to lose but more choices than Harry, and unlike Harry, he tends to get most everything right. He lives third class among "friends" who appreciate him, but always to a certain point only. All through the books and especially in the end, it is Neville`s preservance and faithfulness and strong effort that saves the day - and in the end, Hogwarts and humanity. He is the real Azor Ahai Godwin Gryffindor come again.

As girls go, Hermione of course is our primary heroine, but Ginny and Luna aren´t bad at all, they just haven´t been built up that well in the story.

Godric ;)

But yes I totally agree with everything you said. I know in the last film, Neville says he's going to tell Luna that he's mad about her, but I can't remember if that happened in the books. I believe he ends up as a professor. As much as I love Hermione, Luna is a fantastic character, and I like the Neville/Luna ship very much.

*Puts fingers in his ears.*

Death of the Author

Death of the Author

Death of the Author

Death of the Author

Death of the Author

Sort of agree. So far as I'm concerned the actual events can be dictated by the author, but interpretations of characters cannot and a good author allows those alternate interpretations (which isn't to say J.K's not allowing that, though her opinion is obviously going to be very influential.). So she can't just say none of us are allowed to think Ron/Hermione are good together but she could well canonically state that they had to go through marriage counselling and ended up getting a divorce.

Archived