Harry and Hermione

fuem

DH should have ended with Hermione killing Harry, Ron, and Voldemort, and revealing herself to be the most malevolent character of the series.

:bowdown: That would have been quite cool and original tbh.

+ I think that people are blowing it a bit out of proportion. I've always been more of a Harry/Hermione fan, but hearing this changes nothing for me and doesn't change the story whatsoever ... (to be quite honest, I think I shipped it more when it was non-canon, not that it's actually canon right now)

ETA: I meant original (not unoriginal)

:bowdown: That would have been quite cool and unoriginal tbh.

Right after HBP came out, my friend hadn't read it yet but she knew Dumbledore died, but didn't know at whose hand; I made up this whole thing about how Hermione turned evil and killed Dumbledore because of her feeling an outcast because of her muggle-born status because she was posing as muggle born when her parents were actually Death eaters and she became Voldemort's lieutenant after that... I can't remember all the details but it was super-convincing and my friend hated me for weeks until she finally read the book.

ETA: I think that's what it was haha

:bowdown: That would have been quite cool and unoriginal tbh.

+ I think that people are blowing it a bit out of proportion. I've always been more of a Harry/Hermione fan, but hearing this changes nothing for me and doesn't change the story whatsoever ... (to be quite honest, I think I shipped it more when it was non-canon, not that it's actually canon right now)

Thanks. This is how I envisage my alternative ending.

"Come on Hermione. Let's join the others. We've won. Ron....."

"Is dead, Harry. Like the Dark Lord."

"Is this your idea of a joke?".

"You forget. I don't have a sense of humour. I killed them both. Just as I'm going to kill you."

"You evil bitch" screamed Harry. He raised his wand, and shouted the Killing Curse. Hermione blocked it, with a casual flick of her wand. Harry whimpered in despair. Hermione stepped forward, beautiful, implacable, terrifying. She began chanting in the Old Tongue, words of power, and malice. Cold horror crept through Harry, filling him with despair and horror. At length, she cried out "the Rite is complete. I name your true True Name Harry Dursley. ". Harry writhed on the ground, as powerless as the meanest Squib. The last he heard was Hermione shrieking "Avada Kadavra".

He saw a green flash. Then, nothing."

Right after HBP came out, my friend hadn't read it yet but she knew Dumbledore died, but didn't know at whose hand; I made up this whole thing about how Hermione turned evil and killed Dumbledore because of her feeling an outcast because of her muggle-born status because she was posing as muggle born when her parents were actually Death eaters and she became Voldemort's lieutenant after that... I can't remember all the details but it was super-convincing and my friend hated me for weeks until she finally read the book.

That would have been great, too.

I'm on board with the people who taught that Harry and Ginny was pretty boring. Rowling should have killed her off.

Incidentally, I always hated that she killed Fred and only Fred of the Weasleys. Not cool JKR, either kill none or kill more than one. Fred's death felt forced and tacked on.

I like Ron and Hermoine.

I never liked Harry and Ginny AT ALL. I like the post someone made about Harry being asexual, that's kinda interesting to think about.

I WANTED LUNA AND NEVILLE DAMNIT.

Anyway, out of all the things to fucking worry about in the damn epilogue she picks the seemingly natural pairing of Rom and Hermoine as the big fault? :/

OMG! Luna and Neville would have been great!!!

I wouldn't have wanted Ginny's heart to be broken. Hermione and Harry would have created some superpowered wizards, though.

A couple of friends of mine, who hadn't read the books, couldn't for the life of them figure out why Hermione wasn't with Harry. They found Ron to be a complete non entity. The stranger thing about this was Watson completely agreeing with Rowling. I thought she was really fond of the whole Ron/ Hermione thing.

Harry and Ginny didn't work for me at all in the books, it was even worse in the movies ( anyone remember the shoe lace scene? Ugh). I've always shipped Luna and Harry, though not many agree with me there.

I agree. I was really hoping for Harry and Luna. They seemed to have some good chemistry when together. Harry and Ginny felt really forced.

100% on Harry and Luna, lol I actually meant to put that in my post. I shipped for them the whole since she was introduced.

It's funny to think back on my Harry Potter days. It was like an amazing experience, growing up with it from the age of maybe 10, reading the books with the characters aging as I did and at some level going through things they go through (you know aside from living in a whimsical magical world fraught with absurd levels of danger). Even though by the end of it I had gotten old and into writing/reading enough that I started to actually recognize the flaws in the quality of the series, I still look back on Harry Potter in general and the way it influenced my life and other young people's lives as something very significant. Despite the issues with the quality of the series on a craft-level (and in my opinion there are many, especially towards the later books), I 100% believe it's one of the most important pieces of children's literature in history.

Hermione and Ron didn't make sense. Ron wasn't really offering much. Not good looking, not smart, not particularly nice or generous or funny. Basically all he did was have a crush on Hermione, when no one else did. Definitely think Hermione would have gone brains over brawn, but Ron was neither. Just an average joe.

"You evil bitch" screamed Harry. He raised his wand, and shouted the Killing Curse.: "Expelliarmus!"

Fixed that for you. ;) Harry does not use Avada Kedavra.

I'm on board with the people who taught that Harry and Ginny was pretty boring. Rowling should have killed her off.

Incidentally, I always hated that she killed Fred and only Fred of the Weasleys. Not cool JKR, either kill none or kill more than one. Fred's death felt forced and tacked on.

:blink: That is kind of harsh? Why?

I understand you dislike a character, but what has she done to you or anybody?

yeah, i never felt the hermione ron thing and the minute rowling started trying to create the sexual tension between them it seemed like what she wanted to happen rather than what she'd already created with the characters so this revelation felt like her finally being honest. but i don't think it means she wants to take it back. a lot of things in the story felt more like what she wanted rather than an organic act of the character.

i agree with the folks saying there was something "brewing" between harry and luna. i HATED harry and ginny. in fact, the pairings at the end of the book felt incredibly ridiculous to me and made me think that rowling had somehow lost her grip on her characters. i mean, look at what she says about snape and how fans must be girls that like bad boys.

all in all, the epilogue seemed to me as if nothing had changed in the story other than voldemort was dead and nothing had been learned so they were just waiting for the next lord to rise.

100% on Harry and Luna, lol I actually meant to put that in my post. I shipped for them the whole since she was introduced.

It's funny to think back on my Harry Potter days. It was like an amazing experience, growing up with it from the age of maybe 10, reading the books with the characters aging as I did and at some level going through things they go through (you know aside from living in a whimsical magical world fraught with absurd levels of danger). Even though by the end of it I had gotten old and into writing/reading enough that I started to actually recognize the flaws in the quality of the series, I still look back on Harry Potter in general and the way it influenced my life and other young people's lives as something very significant. Despite the issues with the quality of the series on a craft-level (and in my opinion there are many, especially towards the later books), I 100% believe it's one of the most important pieces of children's literature in history.

Yeah, basically how I see it. Right down to the luna&harry pairing, lol.

Even more so in the movies!!

haha brilliant :lol:

I wouldn't have wanted Ginny's heart to be broken. Hermione and Harry would have created some superpowered wizards, though.

Ginny could have just married Ron. That leaves everyone happy.

:blink: That is kind of harsh? Why?

I understand you dislike a character, but what has she done to you or anybody?

She was boring but it had more to do with the other point in my post ;) I always hated the fact that Rowling killed only one member of the Weasleys (Fred). That was not cool, either kill none or kill more than one. Fred's death just felt lame, like an afterthought (Hmmmm, the Weasleys are getting off pretty lightly... Let's just see who could I kill... Oh, I know let's kill Fred, there's two of them really so one wont be missed).

Archived