Harry and Hermione

fuem

I don't see how that follows.

three kids:

1) James Sirius

2) Albus Severus

3) Lilly Luna

It doesn't seem like Ginny had much input in the naming at all. Where's Fred or Fabian or whatever.

The upside, Ginny probably makes a mean sandwich after all those years of practice.

[bTW am I the only one who thinks that Dobby is getting shafted? Why not name one your kids after him? He saved you more times than anyone else you named your kids after, with much more risk and a lot less to gain. A real dick move Harry]

Who is Fabian?

And yes, I agree that the names imply that they were only of Harry's choosing.

Fabian and Gideon Prewett were Molly's brothers and part of the first Order of the Phoenix. It took 5 Death Eaters to take them down (including Dolochov). Harry got Fabian's watch on his 17th birthday IIRC.

Fabian and Gideon Prewett were Molly's brothers and part of the first Order of the Phoenix. It took 5 Death Eaters to take them down (including Dolochov). Harry got Fabian's watch on his 17th birthday IIRC.

Aha, thank you!

Too many Weasleys. :P

A problem with Harry/Ginny (yet another reason to hate the epilogue) is the naming of Albus Severus - the relationship seems all about satisfying Harry's emotional needs, rather than hers.

You mean all about Harry's stockholm syndrome.

He should have named his eldest son Dobby Potter! That was the only right thing to do! :commie: :commie: :commie:

[not joking, the name might have been ridiculous but Dobby fucking deserved a nod]

Meh, the mistake she made was having the corny future thing with the second generation and people meeting their livelong loves in high school.

The couples thing was always corny, no matter who ends up with who.

Years ago when I first read HP, I accidentally read a fan-fic book. Accidentally, because short on money (and trust in the quality of HP) I downloaded a pdf containing the first 5 books. Only the fifth was not The Order of the Phoenix. In that book, Harry and Hermione got together (and it was a more mature-rated story), and though I like that in the real story, Ron and Hermione got together, whoever that author was, he/she made the Harry-Hermione relationship work. And Ron's reaction to finding out was quite good.

The book was called "Harry Potter and the Psychic Snake" and if the author should be here on this forum, I say a job well done.

You know, I'd have much stronger feelings about this if I were convinced she could pull off a good romance in the first place. Like I said, I like how it turned out because that's what the books were geared to do - create warm fuzzies.

(I also support the creation of after-the-fact-cannon Dobson Fabian Potter. Think we can get her to do another interview and make it so?)

Years ago when I first read HP, I accidentally read a fan-fic book. Accidentally, because short on money (and trust in the quality of HP) I downloaded a pdf containing the first 5 books. Only the fifth was not The Order of the Phoenix. In that book, Harry and Hermione got together (and it was a more mature-rated story), and though I like that in the real story, Ron and Hermione got together, whoever that author was, he/she made the Harry-Hermione relationship work. And Ron's reaction to finding out was quite good.

The book was called "Harry Potter and the Psychic Snake" and if the author should be here on this forum, I say a job well done.

So who had the telepathic penis, Harry or Ron?

(I also support the creation of after-the-fact-cannon Dobson Fabian Potter. Think we can get her to do another interview and make it so?)

I love that. And why can't Dobson Fabian exist. perhaps post epilogue a new baby came along.

This is off topic a bit. But I was never quite sure why Harry went so far as to name a son after Snape. What exactly changed his mind and heart. Because let's face it they hated each other until the end. So he learned Snape was desperately in love with his mother. And because of that love for Lily and a nice dash of guilt. He did an average job of looking out for him whilst being somewhat abusive and nasty in the process. What about any of that endeared Harry toward Snape after all was said and done; to giving the name Severus to his son.

From what I got from the scene between Dumbledore and Snape. When Snape was a little aghast to discover Dumbledore had intended Harry to die at the right moment. And Dumbledore asked him if he had come to care for Harry. Snape showed his patronus.

What I thought he meant by that was that he never gave a shit about Harry. Everything he did was for the love of Lily.

How exactly did that equate to giving Harry's son Snape's name. I just feel like I'm missing something. Of all the people that affected his life or even Ginny's life...

Oh and I always thought James and Lily were suppose to be the embodiment of the ideal couple. Harry and Ginny were suppose to be a reflection of the lost parents. With Harry looking like James and the description of Ginny being similar to Lily's. So I guess there is more foreshadowing there. Because that felt quite deliberate.

That's what I'm saying she should have killed some more of them :P

Your bloodlust is...unsettlingly infectious. ^^ Given the timbre of the story, I think I would have been happier with both twins being "offed," instead of just one. It would have been sorrowful, but with a hint of sweetness in that they were a pair in life and a pair in death. Bonus points if George bit it in a haze of revenge dueling, going out in a blaze of deflections and fireballs.

I think that Harry finally realized how brave Snape was, after facing Voldie himself, and came to realize it was something he admired. After all, he tells his son they (Dumbledore and Snape) were the two bravest people he knew.

Also, about "Harry should have died."

Harry did die. When Harry was talking to Dumbledore at King's Cross station, Dumbledore told him he didn't have to go back, he could just move on, and Harry decided that he had to finish the job, since there was a chance he could end the war. I think Rowling made a decision there to illustrate a lesson about making difficult decisions. It is, after all, a YA book.

Oh and I always thought James and Lily were suppose to be the embodiment of the ideal couple. Harry and Ginny were suppose to be a reflection of the lost parents. With Harry looking like James and the description of Ginny being similar to Lily's. So I guess there is more foreshadowing there. Because that felt quite deliberate.

That just makes Harry and Ginny's relationship kind of creepy IMO.

I think that Harry finally realized how brave Snape was, after facing Voldie himself, and came to realize it was something he admired. After all, he tells his son they (Dumbledore and Snape) were the two bravest people he knew.

Harry faced Voldemort all the time though, and while a spy does face difficult challenges I'd be more inclined to be generous if we got any indication his spying ever actually helped. What exactly was Snape being brave? And does it come even close to countering all the horrible shit he did to make naming your kid after him make sense?

The epilogue should have been Harry in therapy dealing with his issues.

Also, about "Harry should have died."

Harry did die. When Harry was talking to Dumbledore at King's Cross station, Dumbledore told him he didn't have to go back, he could just move on, and Harry decided that he had to finish the job, since there was a chance he could end the war. I think Rowling made a decision there to illustrate a lesson about making difficult decisions. It is, after all, a YA book.

Is not leaving everyone you know to die a horrible death really a difficult decision?

TM raises a point that I'd like clarified (if possible) by more-learned fans - What positive effect did Snape's spying have for the forces of Light and Good? I remember him (maybe) deflecting a couple spells during a massively-overly-convoluted action to move Harry, and he brutalized Harry...and... that's all I remember. (apologies for the thread drift...seemed like maybe okay to generally Potter-talk here)

Archived