College Basketball 2014: Blue Blooded Court Storming Edition

Rhom

Ugh. We really need Embiid if we're going to make it very far in the tournament. ISU got to the rim at will, and while they are a great driving team, they weren't able to do that in the first two games. I think we're locked into a 3 seed now.

Embiid maybe could have returned if he was healthy. Now, not a prayer. You risk further injury while you're being paid guaranteed money, not while your "compensation" is being made to go to a few sociology classes every week.

His high school coach has come out and said that he had back troubles last season too. So he might actually need to come back to school to prove that he can be healthy enough to play in the NBA, or his stock could plummet. Nobody wants to draft the next Greg Oden. Embiid also doesn't have the same "value system" that most American prep stars have growing up in the AAU system.

To be fair, weasels are mustelidae and not rodents.

Taxonomy smack :lol: I love it!

Cats looked good tonight. Hopefully can keep it up tomorrow.

Wait... Did I just hear a Duke fan compare some other team's coach to a rodent?!!?

:lol:

:D

yeah, was waiting to see the reactions. Took a bit to come up with one that wasn't obviously for K.

To be fair, weasels are mustelidae and not rodents.

yeah, see...Weasels are part of the mustard family.

so Duke squeaks one out on, well, not a questionable call.

Game of the day: Ark-Little Rock v. Arkansas St....4ot

Cats looked good tonight. Hopefully can keep it up tomorrow.

Wait... Did I just hear a Duke fan compare some other team's coach to a rodent?!!?

Yeah I was very pleasantly surprised by UK last night. The big difference I noticed was that all 5 players on the court were moving their feet (almost) constantly. Plus it looked like they were having fun for a change. I watched the game late on DVR so I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the other action.

RE: Crean. I wouldn't hold the first three years against him, being under probation and the mess that Sampson left him to inherit. This year didn't he basically lose all his starters? I think it would be folly for them to fire him at this point, but that being said I was very vocal about UK "firing" Tubby, and stuck by Gillispie way longer than he deserved (it turned out). So my judgement probably isn't the best to judge on these things. Brad Stevens is an ok coach and a good recruiter, but I don't see anyone really having the monster success right out of the gate, year after year, that IU is looking for (plus I don't think the Celtics are going to fire him quite yet). :dunno:

Favorite comment on a UK message board after last night's win:

Everyone's been saying all these guys are just Junior NBA players... well we saw it last night, the NBA doesn't really start to play until the post-season.

TCU managed to finally end our season. I am pretty sure we have the distinction of being the only D1 team to not win a single conference game.

Seriously, absolutely brutal season. 19 straight losses, only 6 scholarship players able to play for most of it ... Hopefully next year will be better, we have some good players returning or coming in, but meh, hard to he positive.

Big win over UMass by GWU tonight, and with the Bonnies upsetting St. Louis, the A-10 championship is wide-open now. GWU's got a big matchup against VCU tomorrow, that's the game that if GWU wins I think they can move up into a #7 slot in the NCAA tournament. The home team won both games during the season, so it should be a good game.

Meanwhile, Buffalo disappointingly lost last night. I'm hoping the NIT still comes calling, but they'll probably still have to settle for something like the CIT.

I just bought tickets to go see this game at the Barclay's Center. I'm pumped. Time to get my VCU shit together.

Didn't watch it yesterday, but the Gators apparently farted around for 28 minutes before kicking it into gear. Probably to be expected with the large layoff, all the awards and congratulations they received during the week, and then the baffling move of being presented a trophy before you play a game. They were probably feeling a little too good for themselves there for a bit. But Wilbekin brought them back into it, the way he's done much of the year.

Now we face the prospect of possibly having to beat 2 separate teams for the third time each this year, which seems daunting. If you're going to win though, win big. Capping off a perfect SEC run by beating the Vols and Cats again would be sweet.

Go Gators!

The next three weekends may just be sports nirvana.

Can't find a station that doesn't have a championship game on (even the lowly America East). Switced to the end of the C-USA game with 2 min left.

Holy rainbow 3 - might bring down clouds.

This has been a brutal game to watch. Fitting to be able to fit in one the ultimate flop jobs in history.

Well, we're going to get the win, but jesus that was ugly. UT is always a tough, physical game, but this one felt like the refs were more in control than either team. We played really good defense in the second half, but never got our offense going. A lot of that had to do with UT of course, who always punches us around down low. Plus, if there's a better team in the country at destroying the offensive glass, I haven't seen them. Shocking that UT may not go to the tourney because I really think they're better than their record indicates. I love, love, love Stokes.

My favorite thing about this Gator team is how they can win any type of game. Finney-Smith fouls out with zero points, Frazier only hits 1 three the whole game, we can't make any free throws early, getting killed in the paint and on the glass, win. Crazy.

Whew, I'll take it. Bring on the Cats.

Go Gators!

(and seriously, McConaughey's got nothing on that UT kid. That was hilarious.)

Yesterday I got a little bit sad inside. Yes, this is quite possibly the most exciting time of the year for people who love college basketball, but that also means that college basketball season ends next month. :crying: Sure there's recruitment and pre-season talk, but it's not the same. :bawl:

Archived