Football LXVII - Giddy Man United Fans

Alex.

There is no television deal -- DC are instead offering a stream on their website for local viewers. This is a worse-than-repeat of last year, where -- again over money -- the early part of DC's season was not on TV, and even once they concluded a deal, there were matches not aired on local TV. So far I'm not even hearing that a deal is being seriously addressed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2014/03/19/d-c-united-tv-deal-and-notes/?tid=hpModule_a4df998e-86a7-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

There is a deal, though it doesn't kick in til May. Which isn't awesome but there is the streaming as you said. I saw a comment on Twitter that Columbus has an even worse tv deal.

DC is a circular argument - crappy management leads to crappy team leads to poor support in the community (not the fans) for a new stadium. I don't know how to get rid of the crappy management. I don't have cash laying around to buy the team. There are sparks of good players and potential but the coaching situation needs to be changed, probably, to really bring it out. Winning goes a long way to getting support. It's unfortunate the DCUFO are a bunch of suckfaces.

--------

Oh Toon. You need to capitalize on your chances.

Rodgers seems to have an unwavering belief in him, so I trust there's something there, but on days like today, it's really hard to see it.

Flanno and Agger are having shockers defensively too.

I think Lucas on for Allen with Gerrard being pushed up might be the best solution right now. Then bring Sterling on on 60-70 minutes.

Carrick at CB against Carroll. Probably the best solution given the circumstances, but oh joy.

Rooney up top with Mata and Kagawa and that diving cunt in behind. I'm never sure about Rooney being the first man forward, but he has his moments. Pleased to see him trying Fletcher and Fellaini though.

Liverpool did well to regain their composure and control after looking shaky at the start. Most importantly, we were able to score against their massed defense, which eventually forced them to come forward and get slaughtered on the break. In previous seasons we would have been stymied by the parked bus.

Suarez, Skrtel, Sturridge and Johnson were very good. Flanagan was poor and over-exposed, although Cissokho was worse. Allen wasn't great either, not shielding Flanagan and too often moving into the wrong space to take himself out as a passing option and gave away the ball for their first goal.

I really wanted Arsenal to give Chelsea some problems today. It looks like they let themselves be steamrolled.

Archived