Football LXVII - Giddy Man United Fans

Alex.

I talked to a Crew fan about it on SA. He says it's more like 25% that are TWC subscribers, but I imagine these numbers are more accurate.

The blackout thing, though -- I thought it was standard to blackout road games. I think DC's away games are blacked out on MLS Live as well.

Come on the Hammers.

Liverpool did well to regain their composure and control after looking shaky at the start. Most importantly, we were able to score against their massed defense, which eventually forced them to come forward and get slaughtered on the break. In previous seasons we would have been stymied by the parked bus.

Suarez, Skrtel, Sturridge and Johnson were very good. Flanagan was poor and over-exposed, although Cissokho was worse. Allen wasn't great either, not shielding Flanagan and too often moving into the wrong space to take himself out as a passing option and gave away the ball for their first goal.

I really wanted Arsenal to give Chelsea some problems today. It looks like they let themselves be steamrolled.

We need to get quality CB's with the CL money.Never took to Skrtle or Agger.It looks like we have to "outscore" City and Chelski in the Anfield games to have what would still be an outside chance.

Respect to Suarez-28 goals which is already a joint PL record for a player not taking pennos.That's having missed his first 6 matches and with 8 to go.Genius.

Don't think we're getting centre backs, we've already spent a fair amount of money at that position and Agger and Skrtel have previously shown they're capable of being part of a good defence. I think we're just going to have to find a combination that works.

For a big slow clumsy fucker, Fellaini hasn't half covered some ground today. A lot of involvement at both ends of the pitch. And credit where it's due, given the injury issues, Moyes got his tactics spot on today to deal with any threat for West Ham. I thought Carrick and Fellaini sharing CB duties would be a dreadful idea, but it's worked perfectly.

Went to sleep when Liverpool were down 2-1. Nice to see the final scoreline. Yet more goals from Suarez, he must be close to breaking records for most goals in a season right? If he took penalties he'd definitely be there.

Dixie Dean got 60 league goals in a season in 27/28.

Edit: For Liverpool only, Rush got 32 in 83/84. So may be doable. Although Rush got 47 in all competitions.

The most in a 38 game season is 38, apparently- Brett Freeman in 1908/09 - or 31 in the modern era (Shearer in 96, Ronaldo in 08). So he's got a big chance of beating the former, but probably won't manage the latter.

And yeah, he ain't getting anywhere near Dixie Dean, who scored his goals in 39 matches (in a 42 game season).

Dixie Dean got 60 league goals in a season in 27/28.

Edit: For Liverpool only, Rush got 32 in 83/84. So may be doable. Although Rush got 47 in all competitions.

In terms of the modern era as in premier league era Suarez just equaled the record without any penalty kicks if he gets 3 more he equals Ronaldo,Sheringham? and one other on 31 and considering the form he is one i imagine he will smash that record. 40 goals is probably too much of an ask but 35 is doable

Edit as PolishGenius said Ronaldo and Shearer

I have to be happy with how well DCU have held their own so far. Toronto is only just shading the possession stat. All I really want from DCU is to create a few more chances. Defoe got one clear chance he really should have put away, so we're riding our luck a bit. ETA: lol just saw the worst cross attempt in recent memory from Toronto. ETADOS: AHHH Defoe off the woodwork.

Archived