MLB 2014: Can't You Hear the Thunder?

Myshkin

Dodger Stadium seems perfectly fine on TV, I've always heard the drawback to it is how hard it is to actually get to in terms of transit and traffic (stadium traffic being so bad as to keep fans from arriving on time/requiring them to leave early to beat said traffic, hence the jokes about Dodger fans coming late and leaving early).

Veteran attendees of Dodger Stadium can perhaps illuminate me on this aspect?

The traffic's not quite as bad as often portrayed. Most of the way there traffic flows well, the problem mostly arises from the bottleneck at the offramp. The most frustrating thing is being able to see your offramp for 45 min while you're waiting in traffic. On leaving the game the parking lot is jammed up pretty good, but once you're out of the lot there's really no traffic at all.

That whoreson Vogelsong has really messed with the Cardinals in the past.

I'm thinking his run is just about up. Like you say, it is early, but he looks absolutely terrible tonight. And he couldn't get out of the 4th after being spotted 8 runs in the first inning of his last start. Little movement on his junk, no movement on his "fast"ball, not a good combination...

Yeah, the infield has been tightening up nicely. And you have to love the offense. That Morse kid has been fantastic so far.

I am warming up to the idea of Morse, although I still don't really like the idea of him in the outfield. Worrisome. <_<

Can't be any worse than the "Aubrey Huff: Left Fielder" experiment a couple years ago.

Which, in turn, was better than Aubrey Huff, second baseman? :uhoh:

It's it kind of pathetic that I'm beginning to panic even though it's only the second week of the season? The Red Sox havnt looked terrible, but they just don't seem to be clicking and I'm not liking it one bit.

Ha, it's way too early to bring the "p" word up. You guys will be just fine. I hope you have a truly awful season and win 65 games but I can't see that happening. I'm sure you'll beat up on CC tonight.

It's it kind of pathetic that I'm beginning to panic even though it's only the second week of the season? The Red Sox havnt looked terrible, but they just don't seem to be clicking and I'm not liking it one bit.

It's terrifying. Can they pull out of this nosedive and save the remaining 152 games of their season?

If Pedro Alvarez could learn to hit lefties, and he might still, he could be an MVP caliber talent. There's been a lot of talk around here recently about if the Pirates will ever sign a player to a $100 dollar contract, Pedro could be that guy. But he's still got to show some improvement before I'd be willing to see that happen.

Archived