MLB 2014: Can't You Hear the Thunder?

Myshkin

On the home front I've traded a Giants fan roommate for an Angels fan roommate, which is turning out to be far more annoying. I may loathe the Giants and their fans, but at least I can respect them. Not so with Angels fans. Thank you Mariners for shutting them all up for a few days.

Do you ever point at the Angels fan and say, "Pujols!" in the same sing-song tone as Nelson from the Simpsons going "Ha ha?" Because I would do that, if I knew any Angels fans.

Do you ever point at the Angels fan and say, "Pujols!" in the same sing-song tone as Nelson from the Simpsons going "Ha ha?" Because I would do that, if I knew any Angels fans.

I throw Pujols in his (and every Angels fan's) face every time they whine about the Dodger's spending.

they magically discovered their inner-Angels love in 2002.*

*Not only does such a creature exist, dear reader, but it exists in far more frightening numbers than you might've dared imagine

In fact this creature makes up about 90% of the Angel's fan base. And my roommate really is no different. Though my theory is that he simply likes being contrary. This is based on the fact that he is also a Clippers fan.

You can only ask the Dear Leader to do so much. Starting 3 of the first 6 games looks to be a little beyond him.

Well, it's hard to overcome your teammates failing to play major league caliber defense behind you. As the Giants were very eager to remind me (repeatedly) last season.

The Dodgers were very generous hosts in those first couple innings.

Only one game, very early in a very long season. Still, first blood tastes nice.

So guess what?

Despite heavy rain early in the week, the Oakland Coliseum grounds crew did not tarp the field last night, and so even though it did not rain HEAVILY last night, it rained enough over the night that the infield dirt was unsuitable/unsafe to play on, thus while no rain was actually falling, tonight's A's game was "rained out." No make up date is yet announced though simply making tomorrow a split doubleheader is likely.

The "LOL they've got tarps on everything else how did they not tarp the field" jokes are, predictably, already making the rounds. Even A's reliever Sean Doolittle has apparently gotten in on it (though not being on Twitter myself, I cannot personally confirm).

In retrospect, an embarrassing oversight.

Though, considering how easily this incident is already lending itself to another round of "LOL The Coliseum Sucks can they move now?" on both the internet and from frustrated callers-in to the A's flagship radio station (even though this is not actually a problem with the Coliseum structure itself but in fact the groundskeeping staff making a tactical error), perhaps this "embarrassing oversight" is just all part of Lew Wolff's master plan.

Tanaka looked pretty good. A tough start the first few innings but he got through some tough jams and bad defense. No walks despite going to a lot of full counts, it seemed like, but I was impressed with how he pitched. A lot of the toronto studs looked off-balance all night.

Anyone know a website where I can listen to the Red Sox games live on radio? I tried the WEEI app, but they don't stream Red Sox games live.

It'd also be nice if it doesn't require Adobe Flash as I'm hoping to listen to games on my iPhone.

Alright so after you searching around I found this website; freebaseballradio.com that provides links to multiple radio stations for all 30 teams that stream the radio games live. As can be expected with something like this it is hit or miss with a lot of the links. I had to go through half the links on the Indians page before I found a station that works. Hopefully I'll be able to find a station that works when the Red Sox game begins tonight.

So guess what?

Despite heavy rain early in the week, the Oakland Coliseum grounds crew did not tarp the field last night, and so even though it did not rain HEAVILY last night, it rained enough over the night that the infield dirt was unsuitable/unsafe to play on, thus while no rain was actually falling, tonight's A's game was "rained out." No make up date is yet announced though simply making tomorrow a split doubleheader is likely.

The "LOL they've got tarps on everything else how did they not tarp the field" jokes are, predictably, already making the rounds. Even A's reliever Sean Doolittle has apparently gotten in on it (though not being on Twitter myself, I cannot personally confirm).

In retrospect, an embarrassing oversight.

Though, considering how easily this incident is already lending itself to another round of "LOL The Coliseum Sucks can they move now?" on both the internet and from frustrated callers-in to the A's flagship radio station (even though this is not actually a problem with the Coliseum structure itself but in fact the groundskeeping staff making a tactical error), perhaps this "embarrassing oversight" is just all part of Lew Wolff's master plan.

That place is truly an outdated shiathole. No offense to A's fans, they really are a remarkable organization, but they desperately need to get a stadium deal done somewhere. And MLB should let them go.

Archived