Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

Ramsey and OxCham will come on, that'll help.

I can't see you not getting fourth today. Even if you lose, you've got a pretty easy run-in, theirs is rock-hard.

It'll be too late by the time they come on. Wenger doesn't make changes until the 70th+ minute. It doesn't matter though, the Vermaelen/Monreal side of the defense looks terrible with no ability to control the ball in the midfield.

This is some good stuff. If Arsenal are desperate enough when they play against Liverpool, they might take some points from them

Arsenal doesn't play Liverpool. And this Arsenal team isn't taking points off of anyone.

Flamini now banned for 2 matches for picking up a 10th yellow, takes him out of the West Ham league game and the FA cup semi. Hope we don't need him in those...

The defence is terrible but I think it's partly to do with the midfield too. The commentator was having a go at Cazorla for shirking his defensive duties and I think in this case he's right - Cazorla is the midfielder on that right side where Baines has been running everywhere. Sagna has indeed had a good game so far but it's not his duty to cover the opposing team's left back, that's the duty of the right-sided midfielder and Cazorla just isn't doing anything to shut Baines down.

And the other side with Monreal isn't great either, who was at least partly responsible for the Lukaku goal.

If Arsenal wants a chance to get back into this game, then they need to bring on Ramsey (for Flamini), Ox (for Rosicky or Cazorla) and Sanogo (for Giroud). That's the only way I can see Arsenal doing anything. Won't fix the defense completely (Ramsey will help) but it'll at least give the attack some directness.

If Arsenal wants a chance to get back into this game, then they need to bring on Ramsey (for Flamini), Ox (for Rosicky or Cazorla) and Sanogo (for Giroud). That's the only way I can see Arsenal doing anything. Won't fix the defense completely (Ramsey will help) but it'll at least give the attack some directness.

Depends on how fit and match-ready Ramsey is. I have a sinking feeling he won't be the magic solution to our end-of-season nightmare...

Depends on how fit and match-ready Ramsey is. I have a sinking feeling he won't be the magic solution to our end-of-season nightmare...

Don't care at this point. The team is mid table quality without him (and the other 5 starters out). They need some quality in the squad.

While it's a bad performance, people are writing Arsenal out of this way too easily. Everton are dominating, but a few good moments and Arsenal can raise their level to somewhere Everton just can't touch. I'm not saying it will happen in this game, but it's not a lost cause.

Also, blimey.

While it's a bad performance, people are writing Arsenal out of this way too easily. Everton are dominating, but a few good moments and Arsenal can raise their level to somewhere Everton just can't touch. I'm not saying it will happen in this game, but it's not a lost cause.

Also, blimey.

I think that's because Arsenal has taken 13 points out of their last 30 and have looked absolutely toothless since Everton in FA Cup, especially when away from home.

ETA: Just looked at the chart and that looks about right. We have 6 starters out of today's game who were key parts of the Arsenal team that lead the league going into December.

Archived