Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

Pfft. Everton and Arsenal have it easy. They're not the ones who're going to be on the receiving end of a Big Andy double hattrick at the weekend.

And from Downing assists!

If that actually happens, this would be my reaction

Pfft. Everton and Arsenal have it easy. They're not the ones who're going to be on the receiving end of a Big Andy double hattrick at the weekend.

Imagine.

Surely City aren't going to end up with another Laser Blue debacle? So soon after the last one?

The much-better-quality leaked image I had already seen for City looked a lot like last year's kit, black collar and so forth. I do like the away shirt design in the probably-fake image though...

We just score 7 then.A risky strategy,but it seems to have yielded dividends so far....

It's a very tricky time to be a Liverpool fan.

On one hand the safe approach is to downplay our chances, don't get my hopes up and be prepared to feel happy finishing second or even third.

On the other hand, it's so tempting to just give in to the heady infatuation and commit wholeheartedly in a leap faith, even if you know at the back of your mind that it might leave you feeling like a pillock in May.

Is this what it was like for all those alien-spaceship doomsday cults?

You might as well partake and enjoy it, I know I did for the doomed Flamini-Fabregas campaign of 07/08. Even though it did end in tears at Birmingham, quite literally I might add.

I'll be satisfied with an Arsenal-Everton draw with no further injuries. Our away form to the better teams has been horrible, so one point will be an achievement - and since Everton are the ones having to make up a four point gap, a draw won't hurt us as much as it does them. And I'll be happy if Ramsey comes on for the last 20 minutes and gets a safe, healthy run-in before the FA cup matches.

Oh dear, Arsene has come out with the "Ramsey's return from injury is like a new signing" again. There should be a drinking game about how many times he mentions that each season.

It's a very tricky time to be a Liverpool fan.

On one hand the safe approach is to downplay our chances, don't get my hopes up and be prepared to feel happy finishing second or even third.

On the other hand, it's so tempting to just give in to the heady infatuation and commit wholeheartedly in a leap faith, even if you know at the back of your mind that it might leave you feeling like a pillock in May.

Is this what it was like for all those alien-spaceship doomsday cults?

My hopes are sky high. We have a decent chance of winning it, it's not likely at this stage but very much in our hands, just 6 more in a row - we've already got 8. And even if we don't finish first, fuck, what a season. Back to the champion's league and everything's great.

I really don't think Liverpool have much to be worried about versus West Ham. Their strike power has unlocked plenty of better defences and should do the same to West Ham's, and apart from set pieces I really don't see the Hammers being able to threaten Liverpool's goal, let alone score. Well, that is unless Sam Alardici the genius tactician has something up his sleeve.

Newcastle are so firmly established in mid table obscurity with nothing to play for that i have more interest in the games that have actual importance. when you can't even get motivated for the opportunity to get a double over man utd you know its time to start looking forward to the world cup.

Newcastle are so firmly established in mid table obscurity with nothing to play for that i have more interest in the games that have actual importance. when you can't even get motivated for the opportunity to get a double over man utd you know its time to start looking forward to the world cup.

How dare you! The chance to do the double over United should always be celebrated.

Kevin Keegan didn't die for this

Archived