Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

Dzeko did make a meal of it but it wasn't in any way soft to give a penalty. There was no way he thought he was getting the ball sticking his foot out like that.

But anyway Southampton are doing that Southampton thing, but they need to take their chances...

Southampton playing very well here, City have been under some prolonged pressure but the crowd noise seems to be exceedingly nervous for a side that has a 1-0 lead. I guess they're expecting domination every time they play at home.

Yeah that one looked offside. I think even Alex will admit City are extremely lucky to be leading going into the halftime break. Southampton have played the best first half that anyone's had at the Etihad this season in the league and they're still behind.

Make that 3-1.

As for Liverpool supporters...relax, the title is still completely in your control. Win all your remaining matches and the league is yours (since one of those matches is against City). Mathematically no one can stop you if you win those games.

It's actually quite strange because City are in the same position....so two teams technically have complete control of the title at the moment.

Archived