Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

*wakes up* Yep, it wasn't a dream: Fulham actually won yesterday. And if we beat Norwich next week, we'll only be two points behind them, with a better run in. Hope is a scary thing...

Renee's signings together with Magath's apparent motivational skill might just keep you in it. I continue to be baffled as to why Tottenham loaned you Holtby- for my money he's easily the best player currently in the bottom half of the table.

Yeah, I think Fulham have a chance of staying up. At this rate I'd probably call Cardiff and Norwich for relegation which leaves one more spot, probably Sunderland. There are going to be a few crucial six-pointers out there - Fulham/Norwich coming up, and in a couple of weeks' time Cardiff/Sunderland.

Getting a bit nervous before this Arsenal/Everton game. I'm pretty sure Everton are going to beat us at our own game. They've had the best of both worlds - Moyes made them a solid, organised outfit that was tough to score against, and now Martinez has added some much-needed passing flair to their style. I wonder how Everton will do over the coming years as the team becomes more in Martinez's image - his Wigan sides were often a little bit defensively suspect, but whether that was due to lack of resources or the manager's style is always a bit up for grabs.

Trying to comfort myself that even if we lose, Everton will be 1 point behind (with 1 game in hand) but their run in is worse than ours - they still have to play both Manchesters and Southampton, while our toughest fixtures remaining after this one are West Ham and Newcastle. While I'd much prefer a win (or being realistic, a draw), an Arsenal loss at Goodison won't be a complete disaster.

Good goal.

I have to say although Arsenal have, by far, the easier run in I wouldn't rule out Everton getting the results they need. Everton are really good team, they've been solid for years but now they look quality in attack as well.

Archived