Video Games: The Real Thread That Never Ends

Relic

I think I've decided on Fallout 3, I always figured it was more of a Call of Duty type for some reason.

Looks pretty good from what I'm seeing about it.

I would have recommended Fallout: New Vegas, which in my humble opinion is* the greatest game of all time. Make sure to get the DLC too. Old World Blues is fucking amazing.**

* one of the

** :P

I would have recommended Fallout: New Vegas, which in my humble opinion is* the greatest game of all time. Make sure to get the DLC too. Old World Blues is fucking amazing.**

* one of the

** :P

I'll agree with you there. Old World Blues is fantastic. I'd recommend he play Fallout 3 first so he can appreciate it before he plays Fallout: New Vegas which is the second greatest game of all time. I feel like it would be more difficult to appreciate Fallout 3 if you played New Vegas first. Anyway, they're both pinnacles of that generation and should be played in whatever order he wants.

edit: Wow! That Civ game looks awesome. Very good trailer.

I think you're overlooking the primary reason Respawn didn't implement a singleplayer campaign: cost. As is, it's a sixty person studio. To bolt a proper campaign onto the multiplayer, they would need to double or triple their staff, and therefore their expenses. Given that you're arguing they're on shaky financial ground, I'm sure not you should also be arguing that they (and their publisher) spend a lot more money and make it that much harder to sell enough copies to break even.

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying the franchise is fragile in terms of becoming the next big FPS franchise; a CoD killer if you will. I'm saying if they have ambitions to sell like CoD then they need a proper SP campaign. If EA gains publishing rights for TF2 and 3, then they may be willing to invest the sort of money that would be needed to build the dev team up to the number of people required.

I think we should really hold off on judging TF until seeing how this 360 launch goes. The game just hit shelves this week, and it definitely looks like a playable experience, from what I can see (I don't know if the screen tearing is a Youtube thing). Despite MS' efforts to push the XO, the 360 is still a far larger install base and will greatly affect the success of TF. I suspect that people will eat this game up, and soon we'll be seeing some glowing announcements regarding the sales numbers of the game (which I'm sure will be largely due to the 360 version, but they wouldn't specify that, would they?).

SoE are making an open world zombie mmo. There's a long letter from the company President on reddit about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/22niku/what_is_h1z1/

Different ruleset servers, building and crafting, plans to create large urban areas. Kind of looks interesting, not sure if the whole zombie thing is done too much though.

SoE are making an open world zombie mmo. There's a long letter from the company President on reddit about it.

Different ruleset servers, building and crafting, plans to create large urban areas. Kind of looks interesting, not sure if the whole zombie thing is done too much though.

"Hey guys this DayZ thing got 2 million downloads..."

Yes I'm still slowly working through my noobtastic four years late Mass Effect 2 play through.

Gettin ready to do Horizon mission.

My fish died... :(. Can I buy more?

I read that I will need 100k of each resource to carryover to ME3. Does that include Eezo? I've got over 400K of the other three, but just 50K of that.

It being free-to-play is nice. Sounds quite a bit like Project Zomboid given the description, especially if the 'death is assured' means what it says, that you are (almost) guaranteed to lose at some point, though it being an MMO makes me think that won't be the case.

Hopefully there's a rule set with finite supplies, so you end up having to establish some sort of food/weapon production. Establishing some sort of society (and being a raider) would be much more satisfying if you're fighting over something valuable.

Archived