[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

teemo

Didn't like he Thenns. Bored with Shae and Tyrion. New Daario is too ''nice'' and because of the excessive brothel scenes in the past I can never enjoy one ever again so even though the oberyn one makes sense because he DOES visit brothels in the book, I was bored already and wanted it to end, and this is whilst introducing an awesome fucking character so thats saying something.

You wouldn't cast a steel sword like that. Maybe if it were for decoration or something, but not for battle. You cant just pour liquid steel into a mold and make it into a proper sword, the metal would be weak. It was a cool visual and all but it just wasn't right.

You wouldn't cast a steel sword like that. Maybe if it were for decoration or something, but not for battle. You cant just pour liquid steel into a mold and make it into a proper sword, the metal would be weak. It was a cool visual and all but it just wasn't right.

In all fairness, it's Valyrian Steel and in the books it's explicitly stated that magic goes into making it. So who knows how it works.

My biggest nitpick was Drogon snapping at Dany. He never did that in the books. The Daznaks pit scene was only because he didn't recognize her, and was being attacked.

I agree it was a weird change, but then again, even some friendly household pets will snap at you if you try to bug them when they're eating. It's not really out of place for an animal to at like that. What bugged me was Jorah's "they'll never be tamed" remark following. Tell that to Aegon I. Maybe not "tamed," but "trained," certainly.

Episode 3 will touch on Sandor's code again. I'm not sure whether people will be happy or annoyed.

I think I know what you are talking about. The thing is, most fans of the character have very low expectations for the show, he's been in the background for a lot of it so far.

Adding this... I listened to the line again, Arya asks, "Didn't you steal anything from Joffrey before you left?" And he answers really quickly, "No." Doesn't sound happy. In the books, he's going on and on about Sansa, he brings her up nearly a dozen times. She was on his mind, and it makes sense that she would be on the show, too. Also they cut from Sansa to that scene.

I think this is about Sansa. Arya knows the Brotherhood took his money. So two things stand out, "from Joffrey" and "before you left" - and what did he do just before he left? He tried to get Sansa (Joffrey's betrothed at the time) to go with him, and he was a mess from the fire, and that didn't go so well. And he just left, he didn't make her go with him.

I heard a little about episode 3 and this doesn't sound like something he would do, so I probably won't like it. But I don't think he was talking about money in this scene. I think Arya was talking about money, but I don't think Sandor was.

oh where to begin!

- Emilia's acting. I think it's actually gotten worse??? (not to mention her annoying eyebrows)

- Jaime and Brienne being in KL already

- the sudden return of Ser Dontos + did they change the hairnet to a necklace? (+ will this necklace subtly end around Margaery's neck?)

- the scene with Ygritte (rose leslie has made me dislike the character even more)

- the interaction between Sansa and Tyrion. It's so OOC for sansa to completely open up to Tyion

- Shae's bipolar behaviour

- Oberyn's introduction. Of course they had to show boobs the very first 15 minutes of the season.

- The scene between Brienne and Margaery and the QoT was absolutely useless

- no Stannis

- Arya's sudden cruelty and calculating behaviour

- the entire Dany plot

- Jon's confession about how extremely jealous he was of Robb

You are saying its perfectly fine for HBO to cut all the Jorah/Dany stuff and are justifying them spending half of season 3 on Dany falling for Daario and are now justifying them doing even more additional material on Daario. Even though GRRM wrote Jorahs exile to conclude Danys story in ASOS? That kind of implies its important and that a lot of pathos is attached to that moment. Even if you discounted the fact that Danys in tears when she finds out, Jorah goes on a mission to take Meereen for her and hes then dramatically exiled with her being so torn up that her hands are left shaking? Even though he spent most of ASOS building the tension between the two up? You just think its okay to cut all of that and want them to focus on Dany/Daario for season after season?

You are making it Jorah vs Daario

I do not care how much time they spend on Daario. They've already spent half a season on him. They are going to have many seasons with him and Dany. Jorah is NOT going to stay around for much longer. He could potentially die and never see Dany again. I can't for life of me understand why you think its fine to give Jorah as many lines and as much point to the story as a character like Grey Worm. The show has made him no more important than Boros Blunt or Meryn Trant.

Daario is not as important as Jorah in ASOS. Do not talk rubbish. Daario gets introduced. Exiling Jorah is much more pronounced and important than her first interactions with Daario. Thats just self evident. Yeah Dany thinks about the flowers in ADWD. But she meets Jorah fucking force ghost in the dothraki sea and she talks about his exile.

I'm not sure if this was addressed yet, but how could Dany have spent half of season 3 falling for Daario or how could the show spend half that season on Daario when he wasn't even introduced until episode 8 last year. Second Sons, right?

@Crackpot ugh i hope not. I dont want that wanker being the Satin.

lol hes Jorah, of course hes going to pee in her cheerios. Hes such a douchecanoe. #Jorahhate

I loved the Drogon snapping though. Puts things in perspective for Dany.

I don't want that guy to be Satin at all. I don't like LF's Oliver, didn't like the way he looked at Oberyn when he didn't realize the Red Viper wasn't looking. I do suspect he might not want to be a male prostitute, otherwise, why was he trying so hard to get out of any action with Oberyn, but he doesn't have the feel of a Satin type character anyway. Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok, so I have one large nitpick. Nevermind Oberyn's over the top introduction, the stupid spy for Cersei, the fact that Tyrion and shae are still having sex in the books (while calling him her "Giant of Lannister" which makes for a humilating moment for Tyrion later on), Emilia's acting, the new Daario looking like some random camp follower who sits in the grass and picks flowers for Dany (who apparently has no wardrobe budget), the Hound rambling about chicken for what felt like 30 mins, and Arya taking way too long to get in the fight. Nevermind all of that!

What drives me nuts is that Jaime and Brienne are in KL WAY too early! There's essentially nothing for Brienne to do so they had her go on some pointless walk with Marg, Brienne and Jaime have a nice chit chat about Sansa (oh Brienne did you hear about Cat? It would have been nice to see an actual scene about it!), and wtf @ Cersei turning down Jaime??? When it's supposed to be the other way around! HE turns HER down then she really hits him where it hurts then their entire relationship changes. It's the big changes like these that should be insulting to GRRM because D&D are essentially saying they can tell his story better than he can. I understand sometimes they need to add or take away things for pacing, but to completely change around this story line is insane. :bang:

Sigh. I guess that little banter between Jaime and Joff where Joff insults him will come into play at the wedding. I can see Joff dying, then Jaime standing by and doing nothing because he knows Joff is an asshole. I'm now just wondering about his reaction at Tyrion being arrested for the crime.

Next week looks good though.

That is something that I've had on my mind, ever since Jaime and Brienne hit KL last year. The one point that might be good is that it is made apparent to Jaime that the little douche deserved to die. While Jaime comes to that conclusion in the books, I'm thinking perhaps D&D wanted that to be right in Jaime's face, and recently, for all the Unsullied viewers. I suppose they think some must be hit over the head with an explaination of why Jaime doesn't mourn his son?

Wow, so many people are hating on Emilia Clarke's acting on this board! I wasn't overly fazed by her woody reaction to the child pointing towards Mereen. However, come on! She nails the badass gazes Dany is famous for-

http://img.vayatele.com/2013/05/daenerys.jpg

I did like the addition of 'remove her collar before you bury her.' I'm not sure I'm remembering that line from the books. I'm with you on ECs deathglare. She does nail that, but did seem a little sedate this past episode. Perhaps it was because it was mostly a travelling the road to Mereen scene. Looks like the dragons might be the ones eating the best out there in the wilds of Slaver's Bay.

I'll give him a chance, it's early yet.

Very unimpressed with his scenes in the premiere

And Atia of course when I saw Ellaria all I could think of was Niobe! :D

Between this and complaints about The Code, this is where I say I guess it's a good thing I didn't watch Rome (wanted to, but didn't have the channel at the time) or The Wire. I ordered HBO specifically for GoT last year, after finally giving in to watch the first two seasons on dvd.

So many complaints about Jaime and Brienne being in KL too early. Their arrival changes nothing and works better this way. In the books, Jaime and Tyrion don't reunite until the Jaime goes to free him (which is stupid because Jaime was present for both of Tyrion's trials and could have visited his tower cell at any time). Instead of having Jaime and Brienne sit out a few episodes or have them wandering doing nothing, the writers cut out the glaring waste of time and bow! We got good TV.

If some of you guys were writing the show, Barristan would still be calling himself Arstan. :lol:

Its never a good thing to not have seen Rome m'lady :(

I did almost order for that. I hate having more and more channels and nothing on, though. I will do it on dvd/blueray or netflix or something someday. I love historical fiction and drama. Hell, I love reading straight history books. Yeah, I'm a reference book geek. :thumbsup:

Archived