[Book and Show Spoilers] Episode 4 Promo

it would be awesome, but i highly doubt the show will add tommen's kittens. i just dont see them adding it in. They already turned him into a tall and skinny pre teen, i doubt the cats will appear. We wont get Daario and his blue hair, and we wont get tommen and his kitten...(i hope im wrong)

I've said this several times what's wrong with kittens not only little kids like kittens everyone likes kittens so why not include them. Ps I want them to be cute little black cats like mine.

I've said this several times what's wrong with kittens not only little kids like kittens everyone likes kittens so why not include them. Ps I want them to be cute little black cats like mine.

absolutely nothings wrong kittens! I love kittens and i really like the idea of three little black cats playing with tommen even though ive alwayyyys pictured the three cats in the movie "aristocats" as tommen's pets.

And from what we've seen thus far, Tommen seems like a sweet kid, older than book Tommen, yes, but still... a kid. When Tywin first enters the sept and asks him 'What makes a good king?' Tommen just stands there, until Tywin says: 'It's not a trick.' And then he answers. haha, Tommen's had a close-up glimpse or two of the dynamics of the elders in his family (to say nothing of his elder brother!) and he's intimidated by them, goes silent when attention turns to him. He's a kid.

So, kittens! And outlawing beets, and stamping documents... works fine for me. He's just a sweet kid.

So, kittens! And outlawing beets, and stamping documents... works fine for me. He's just a sweet kid.

I could see him liking cats (that's not something you age out of), but he's too old for things like sincerely asserting he wants to outlaw beets. As for documents, I can imagine him being cajoled into doing it due to his elders' influence, but he's too old to just sign whatever's put in front of him without question.

Margaery will bring him a cat,and tommen will say my grampy says I can't have cats, an Margery will say you can have cats, YOU ARE THE KING, and then she will stroke his furry cat, and then the scene will end

That would be the best scene.

He could mention outlawing beets as a joke, or said naively.

I think they'll change bookTommen's childishness for innocence. That could work.

Exactly. I could see someone explaining to him that he's the King, he can do anything he likes, he can enact any law he likes. And he'd be like 'Really? Soooo, I can outlaw beets?' With a sort of wonder and delight that for the first time in his life, he can actually exert control over something he's always hated.

Someone was cast for this season to play a "Knight at the Gate" or something like that and according to their CV, it's for more than 1 episode. I had a guess that maybe we'll see him first when LF and Sansa arrive at the Vale to let them in and then near the end of the season once Arya and the Hound show up where they'll be denied entry and perhaps get into an altercation that leads to the Hound's big wound.

But knowing that Brienne and Pod will be there at some point too means that we could see some kind of overlap although I think Brienne actually running into Arya would be problematic. More likely everyone just misses each other in different episodes.

It won't necessarily be problematic: neither Brienne nor Pod know how Arya looks like and, if they let it be known that they are looking for Sansa, Arya has no reason to trust them. On the contrary, she might think they are looking for her on Cersei's orders.

The problem I see might be their schedules, specially if Brienne meets LSH by the end of the season. And, BTW, if that's her schedule (which we don't know for certain), where will Jaime be by then? He's needed to let Tyrion escape, and that's season finale material. If LSH meets Brienne by the end of the season, she can't really order her to bring Jaime to her, as Jaime will be either at King's Landing or looking for Tywin Lannister's Teletrasportation Device in order to be already at the Riverlands.

Tommen could be a young Renly-like character, I mean, good-hearted but a bit naive, easy to manipulate and not quite ready to rule by his own. That would also explain why he prefer the Tyrell than the Lannister

Yeah, the way they played Shae's departure, I think it's obvious that they'll be 'revealing' that she didn't actually leave King's Landing during Tyrion's trial (which looks to be episode six). I'm guessing that Tywin's proclamation that 'no one leaves the city' might play into this, or it could possibly just be inferred that she was detained prior to the ship leaving port.

I think Bronn will have betrayed him and lied about it.

I really hope not. I can completely accept Bronn refusing to be Tyrion's champion, who could blame him? But if he actively betrayed Tyrion, well, as a lover of all things Bronn that particular deviation would really piss me off.

I'm starting to understand why they made the changes to Shae's character. Since show Shae is actually in love with Tyrion her betrayal will be much more shocking to the audience and much more devastating to Tyrion. Also by slightly whitewashing Tyrion, they are setting him up for a steeper collapse into darkness. This new dynamic should make the scene where Tyrion does finally kill Shae much more dark, twisted, and heart breaking than it was in the books. If they handle it correctly then this should make for great TV.

Archived