Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

It does but if the team dynamic and lame jokes is something you activley dislike in the episode then it doesn't really improve much. If you enjoyed Cap 2 it's worth watching for some of the fallout from that though,

I'm not really sure what I disliked about it to be honest - I don't remember much of what the team dynamic was like. I guess it was very cheesy compared to my expectations (which I suppose I can lower), and I was disappointed it wasn't more connected with the MCU in general. And I guess the latter at least has been corrected. I loved Cap 2 though, I'm very tempted to say I liked it more than Avengers. And when I say my expectations where too high, they were really damn high. I was expecting this to get the full Game of Thrones treatment given how much money the MCU is making but I guess Marvel didn't put as much faith in it as I did. So given how wildly unrealistic my expectations where, I guess I'm comfortable lowering them.

I liked the way that the ended the season, although with Ward being left alive (and losing faith in Garrett) makes me think that he will have some eventual redemption. Not that I want that, but it seems to be the direction that the writers are going (Ward's love/lust thing for Skye, his anger at Deathlok for the heart zap, knowing that Garret has gone off the deep end). But the writers are keeping him alive for a reason.

Still don't really like Skye as a character, but I will admit that she is getting better. I did take a few drinks for the many times "Skye is special" was mentioned. No Romanoff references though.

Wondering that they're going to do with Fitz, although it might be good character development for her to learn to get along without him. Looks like Tripplett is moving into Ward's old position as The Muscle.

At least they're not going for a Skye/Ward/May love triangle.

I'm not really sure what I disliked about it to be honest - I don't remember much of what the team dynamic was like. I guess it was very cheesy compared to my expectations (which I suppose I can lower), and I was disappointed it wasn't more connected with the MCU in general. And I guess the latter at least has been corrected. I loved Cap 2 though, I'm very tempted to say I liked it more than Avengers. And when I say my expectations where too high, they were really damn high. I was expecting this to get the full Game of Thrones treatment given how much money the MCU is making but I guess Marvel didn't put as much faith in it as I did. So given how wildly unrealistic my expectations where, I guess I'm comfortable lowering them.

I'm with you on the Captain America love. Best of the phase 2 films without a doubt and possibly the best MCU.

One plus on the show not being massively connected is that we don't have to watch it.

Finally got to see the last two episodes - and I enjoyed both.

There were actual characters...like that Ward wasn't a double secret in hiding agent for SHIELD...just a straight up bad guy. I liked the fight with May and that she literally nailed his foot to the floor.

Yes, Coulson taking out Garrett with the widget was hammy, but it (and the reference above to him ignoring the dead guy on the floor) shows how cold he can be.

One thing I didn't understand...why did May throw away the magic bo staff of ass kicking?

I didn't take it that the dude at the end was a twin/LMD - but that he had a new identity assigned (like Pablo Juarez or whatever Coulsons name was).

Fairly sure it makes you really really angry or something like that.

I thought because of her inscrutableness she was immune to that. If not, makes sense and I just forgot the downside. Though I'd have also thought they would want to start collecting those things that got out again, but that definitely wasn't the priority.

I thought because of her inscrutableness she was immune to that. If not, makes sense and I just forgot the downside. Though I'd have also thought they would want to start collecting those things that got out again, but that definitely wasn't the priority.

She dealt with it better than Ward (personality differences, and Ward seemed to have a pretty rough childhood) but she did the whole: bottle-of-vodka-sleep-with-a-coworker thing after.

I didn't take it that the dude at the end was a twin/LMD - but that he had a new identity assigned (like Pablo Juarez or whatever Coulsons name was).

You think Fury brought him back to life, too? Does that mean he's an Avenger as well?

Why bother with the new name? These people were the last ones he met. Granted they aren't an inquisitive bunch so they'll probably never bother asking.

They could just do the same with Fitz (are there ither surnames ending with simmons?). They could always get a replacement for Simmons called Patrick.

You think Fury brought him back to life, too? Does that mean he's an Avenger as well?

no, that he just had the backstory.

Why bother with the new name? These people were the last ones he met. Granted they aren't an inquisitive bunch so they'll probably never bother asking.

They could just do the same with Fitz (are there ither surnames ending with simmons?). They could always get a replacement for Simmons called Patrick.

It could just be to show that the remnants of SHIELD are trying to keep cover. He could be an LMD or he could be the guys twin - it just seemed to me more that it was the same guy giving them a new background for himself.

It does beg the point... We never saw that the body Skye saw was Patton Oswald...

Err, I'm not sure what you mean by that. He looked like Oswald and he was wearing Oswald's lanyard. Are we actually going with "as long as nobody did a DNA test we don't know that character X is dead for sure"?

Err, I'm not sure what you mean by that. He looked like Oswald and he was wearing Oswald's lanyard. Are we actually going with "as long as nobody did a DNA test we don't know that character X is dead for sure"?

oh, right...I completely forgot about that...so...yeah, I got nothin'.

Then I'm remembering wrong, but I thought we only really saw the body looking up through a grate...It was just a thought. ..

Then I'm remembering wrong, but I thought we only really saw the body looking up through a grate...It was just a thought. ..

It went like this: Ward evilly closes the door when he realised Koenig is about to discover stuff (I think it was sattelite images of the attack on the fridge), later Skye finds blood on his neck, then we see Ward clean his garotte while Skye uses the shieldPad to go look for Koenig. She follows the signal from the lanyard into the storage room and ultimately discovers Koenig's body, which, yes, we only see through a grate, but it's pretty clearly him.

Unless there was somebody else around who bore a striking resemblance to Koenig and somehow jumped out at Ward to be garotted (at which point he presumably also picked up the real Koenig's lanyard) while the real Koenig got away (without warning Skye, Coulson or anybody else) and got himself a new name for the hell of it while Ward stashed the body of this unnamed replacement somewhere and never bothered to check where Koenig went, I'd say he's dead and the guy at the end was either a twin or a duplicate of some sort.

Unless there was somebody else around who bore a striking resemblance to Koenig and somehow jumped out at Ward to be garotted (at which point he presumably also picked up the real Koenig's lanyard) while the real Koenig got away (without warning Skye, Coulson or anybody else) and got himself a new name for the hell of it while Ward stashed the body of this unnamed replacement somewhere and never bothered to check where Koenig went, I'd say he's dead and the guy at the end was either a twin or a duplicate of some sort.

Sadly if this was the case it would only be the 5th most ridiculous thing to happen on this show.

;-P

I give everyone involved in AoS a lot of credit... I --and many others-- slammed this show early... I hated it, and totally bailed.... but they listened to the nerd-giest, and assholes like me... adjusted, and asked for another chance.... and I think most who gave it to them are glad we did.

Archived