Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

It went like this: Ward evilly closes the door when he realised Koenig is about to discover stuff (I think it was sattelite images of the attack on the fridge), later Skye finds blood on his neck, then we see Ward clean his garotte while Skye uses the shieldPad to go look for Koenig. She follows the signal from the lanyard into the storage room and ultimately discovers Koenig's body, which, yes, we only see through a grate, but it's pretty clearly him.

Unless there was somebody else around who bore a striking resemblance to Koenig and somehow jumped out at Ward to be garotted (at which point he presumably also picked up the real Koenig's lanyard) while the real Koenig got away (without warning Skye, Coulson or anybody else) and got himself a new name for the hell of it while Ward stashed the body of this unnamed replacement somewhere and never bothered to check where Koenig went, I'd say he's dead and the guy at the end was either a twin or a duplicate of some sort.

I get it. I just wanted to throw out a suggestion as to why there's a second Patton Oswald...

I give everyone involved in AoS a lot of credit... I --and many others-- slammed this show early... I hated it, and totally bailed.... but they listened to the nerd-giest, and assholes like me... adjusted, and asked for another chance.... and I think most who gave it to them are glad we did.

Yup, ever since they had Stan Lee on and he told Coulson not to screw up his second chance, the show has been improving(ok, realistically it was 3-4 episodes later, but I thought that moment was hilarious). I was telling my brother that I actually missed a couple of episodes just because I couldn't be bothered to watch them. So, for this show to finish as highly as it did(IMO) says something about the creators.

Was it just ,me or was the speech the second Koenig gave far too similar to the first for him to be just a twin? But surely they can't be LMD's otherwise why would a garrot kill the first Koenig? And the technology and facilities (let alone oversight) isn't there to resurrect him ala Coulson.

I get it. I just wanted to throw out a suggestion as to why there's a second Patton Oswald...

Of course. And the explanation is bound to be pretty stupid, but I don't think we have to go for the most absurd scenario the facts allow just for the hell of it.;)

Of course. And the explanation is bound to be pretty stupid, but I don't think we have to go for the most absurd scenario the facts allow just for the hell of it. ;)

well that's just crazy talk. Of course overreaction has to be the standard......... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Liked the way it finished, and I think the element of getting Sky's father involved could be either fantastic or terrible. They have shown they can write some good stuff, hopefully they keep that up next season.

• 4 weeks later...

True, but I just thought it was amusing that she was rated an annoying character. Being an audience surrogate is the LEAST of her, er, faults? Is she even shown to have any character flaws? Even when she does stupid things, the other characters justify it or say that she's brave for doing it. Sometimes followed by, "I couldn't live without you" from Simmons when she's known Skye for a total of a few months.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived