Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

Ah. I don't know any of these actresses.

Adrianne is mostly known for Friday Night Lights and her character, Tyra. She more recently played Lady Jaye in the GI Joe movie. Before that, she was Wonder Woman on the failed pilot from a few years ago. She was even fake Kara/Supergirl on Smallville, before the real Kara was introduced. She is somewhat of a fanboy wetdream.

Really fun episode tonight, and this was after initial misgivings about the preview. The Mr. and Mrs. Smith stuff could've gone either way, but I felt like they nailed it with minimal cheese -- i.e. obligatory dance scene.

I thought the stunt work in this one was amazing -- Arrow level, even. Really looking forward to seeing Mockingbird next week.

My main issue is: I new those fucking masks would be trouble when they popped up in CA:WS. Could have done without them.

This is exactly the misgiving I had about the notion of live model decoys being introduced into the universe. Guess they screwed it up without even doing that.

I disagree completely about the stunt stuff, or at least the fight sequences. I think the fights on this show are embarassingly bad. Cringeworthy. It's like every single shot is off in some way; showing a kicking leg for two milliseconds, showing a face covered completely by hair so we won't see it's a stunt person, showing something so briefly that it's hard to even see what the fuck it was. There's no sense of continuity in the editing of these scenes. I hate when there's an obvious fight coming up on this show.

To be perfectly honest I'd rather not see the Red Skulls return. For starters as a villain I really feel the world has moved beyond him, HYDRA seem more interesting without him. And secondly it undermines further the shaky death/resurrection/fake-out issue the MCU in general has been developing. The comics are deep enough and have enough back story, that you'll have a hard time convincing me they can't find and adapt new good villains (and hopefully keep them around.)

Also, how would bringing Red Skull back change the stakes? He didn't bring anything in particular to the table for HYDRA, he just happened to be their leader. There was nothing special about him that any other megalomanical leader figure wouldn't also be able to do.

Daniel Whitehall looks like a pretty serious good villain, who's got no intention to share his No. 1 positon at HYDRA with a resurrected Red Skull. So, if the obelisk turns out to be some kind of a resurrection tool, he'd rather get someone useful back, like Creel. He needs soldiers, not superiors.

This is exactly the misgiving I had about the notion of live model decoys being introduced into the universe. Guess they screwed it up without even doing that.

I disagree completely about the stunt stuff, or at least the fight sequences. I think the fights on this show are embarassingly bad. Cringeworthy. It's like every single shot is off in some way; showing a kicking leg for two milliseconds, showing a face covered completely by hair so we won't see it's a stunt person, showing something so briefly that it's hard to even see what the fuck it was. There's no sense of continuity in the editing of these scenes. I hate when there's an obvious fight coming up on this show.

Yeah. The fighting hasn't been stellar. Ming Na's stunt/fight double was noticeably visible this time. Enough that I noticed it and I usually don't care.

I was pleased that this episode jumped right into the party. And then they didn't spend the entire episode on it.

So...is it too early to give this show "The Most Improved Show of the Year (and Recent Years) Award"?

I mean, every episode so far has been better than the one before, and they all have had at least one gasp-worthy twist (this latest one had several of those)

Freaking Mockingbird showed up, with her batons, no less! My one complain is that Simmons' short-lived career as a Hydra agent was short-lived indeed. Bummer, but I think either her or Bobbi are "sleepers" like Blizzard/Donny

50 Shades of May :wub: :wub:

I was shocked to discover her actress was 50 years old

So...is it too early to give this show "The Most Improved Show of the Year (and Recent Years) Award"?

I mean, every episode so far has been better than the one before, and they all have had at least one gasp-worthy twist (this latest one had several of those)

Freaking Mockingbird showed up, with her batons, no less! My one complain is that Simmons' short-lived career as a Hydra agent was short-lived indeed. Bummer, but I think either her or Bobbi are "sleepers" like Blizzard/Donny

Yes and no

Yes, it has improved tremendously

No, going from average to actually good is not that impressive IMO

Archived