Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

My take was that, if they're going with inhuman-ish mutants, Raina was identified as someone whose powers could be triggered through whatever process is the MCU's equivalent of terrigenesis. The trouble is that it's unpredictable and the subject can end up with characteristics they find undesirable (many Inhumans look... well, inhuman). Raina didn't want to take the risk and so hoped that the Clairvoyant could tell her what would happen if she went through with it ("What will I become?"). Now that she knows that Garrett lied she seems to have gone back to Agent Cooper.

If your theory is correct, I hope this is a fear unique to Raina. One of things I find compelling about Inhumans is that they view Terragenesis to be sacred, and they even consider the "deformities" coming from Terragenesis to be beautiful. There was even some arc someplace, where it was mentioned Medusa and Black Bolt wear masks because they're actually considered to be ugly, i.e. normal-looking, post-transformation.

If your theory is correct, I hope this is a fear unique to Raina. One of things I find compelling about Inhumans is that they view Terragenesis to be sacred, and they even consider the "deformities" coming from Terragenesis to be beautiful.

My assumption would be that Raina, like Skye, grew up among humans, not in some kind of inhuman community (though there are stories of Inhumans worrying about undergoing the process). I agree it'd be good to keep the pseudo-religious aspects of the process for an actual Inhuman society (as long as they also avoid throwing in stuff that shows the writer doesn't quite grasp what the theory of evolution is about...).

Back my opinion up? Do you want a character witness?

Yes. You claim one is better than the other. Sure is an opinion. Is it so hard to explain that opinion though? Particularly as there's virtually no one else out there, that I'm aware of, claiming a similar opinion.

My assumption would be that Raina, like Skye, grew up among humans, not in some kind of inhuman community (though there are stories of Inhumans worrying about undergoing the process). I agree it'd be good to keep the pseudo-religious aspects of the process for an actual Inhuman society (as long as they also avoid throwing in stuff that shows the writer doesn't quite grasp what the theory of evolution is about...).

Hmmm... If they go the Attilian route, an Inhuman society and that's what Skye is, then maybe Agent Cooper is meant to be Maximus?

Hmmm... If they go the Attilian route, an Inhuman society and that's what Skye is, then maybe Agent Cooper is meant to be Maximus?

It had occurred to me, if for no other reason that there really aren't that many prominent and at least somewhat villainous inhumans. And if you limit it to human looking ones the list becomes even shorter.

Plus Maximus has that very special kind of insanity that allows a character to always act exactly as the plot demands.

I've read conflicting opinions on whether Marvel can actually use the royal family in the MCU, though.

If your theory is correct, I hope this is a fear unique to Raina. One of things I find compelling about Inhumans is that they view Terragenesis to be sacred, and they even consider the "deformities" coming from Terragenesis to be beautiful. There was even some arc someplace, where it was mentioned Medusa and Black Bolt wear masks because they're actually considered to be ugly, i.e. normal-looking, post-transformation.

Yes, if the "alien writing" does turn out to be Inhumans, which given the elevated status of Inhumans in the Marvel Comics in recent years does seem to be a likely plan for Marvel Studios, I hope Marvel Studios keeps the whole cultural quasi-religious aspects of the Terrigen Mists. As for the masks on some Inhumans, I've never heard that theory but it is an interesting one. Although doesn't Karnak wear a mask and he has a giant crannium. Or should I say "did" have one. He committed suicide in the comics, right?

As for who or what MacLachlan's character is remains a mystery for now, but Ward claims to know a lot about him so it looks like we'll get some answers next episode. Whether the answers are true or not remains to be seen because Wards whole "I'll never lie to Sky again" act could very well be just that.

is mockingbird really tall or simmons really small?

i think the main improvement this season compared to season 1 is how ward isn't on screen much, and when he is he is a totally different character. season 1 ward was the lamest, most wooden actor i've ever seen.

I think tall. She was taller than Coulson I seem to recall.

According to this website: (which I still find hilarious) 5'11''

And Clark Gregg is only 5'9". And Palicki gains another 2 inches from the high heels she has to wear at all times.

And Clark Gregg is only 5'9". And Palicki gains another 2 inches from the high heels she has to wear at all times.

Only 5'9''? I'm only 5'10'' What nation of lofty giants do you hail from?

And since I forgot to link it here's the website. http://www.celebheights.com/s/Adrianne-Palicki-46903.html The 'discussion' in the comments can be hilarious.

Archived