Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

I loved the finale. It has a soul, it was genuinely funny at the moments, and Samuel L Jackson, come on guys., what's not to like there? His and Coulson's dialogue in front of Garret was the highlight of the season. And the way Garret died, well, let me just say, I did not expect that. Truly not bad. This show will of course, always be bumped by the upcoming movies and people love to see those. The wish for the Season 2, Maria Hill becomes regular...

And, if they kill or do something nasty to Fitz, I will... Well, not stop watching, but be really pissed. :)

And shall we discuss the cube? I mean, what's in the cube? Level 10 clearance? I thought something cooler would be given... And lastly, WTF (or as I learned today polite way to say it - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :)) are those drawings?

I loved it too, Maria Hill in S2 would be awesome. I think Fitz will be well fucked but Simmons will do something mental to fix him. Ah the cube or the U.D.E.M.P.D. (undefined deus ex machina plot device)

May - Coulson, what we need is a list of agents we can work with, people we can trust

Coulson - Let's have a look at this "toolbox" thingy he gave me

May Tool... kit

Coulson - Really, I thought he said toolbox?

May - Plug in the damn cube Phil

Coulson plugs cube into badass looking computer, the screens flash and start to scroll data, the cube contains every bit of information they could ever need

I freaking loved the finale.

I loved the bit when Ward was trying to convince Sky to go with him and she makes the snarky comment about May which commenced a nice little fight.

The appearance by Nick was cool. Which also lead to all of the fantastic conversations between him and Coulson.

I loved the appearance of Patton Oswalt in the base(don't know if he is a clone, android, robot, shape changing alien or what).

My favorite though was the way Garrett went out. Just when you thought he was going to escape and stay around for awhile, BAM!! Fantastic.

All in all this series pulled out of a huge nose dive and ended up being pretty damn interesting by the end. Hell they actually made me care about what Sky is and who her dad is, something that 10 episodes ago I thought would be impossible.

It was fun. Best dialog all season.

Skye felt real. Ward wasn't actually redeemed. Is he reduced to returning villain? Or is he a regular who is Skye's reclamation project next year?

So Fury trusts Coulson more than Hill?. She needs to be a regular just to explore that.

Who was the guy Flowers went to see at the end?

Director Coulson? I'm cool with that. Last season was spent on the "bus"... but I imagine that with Coulson's new role, that the scope will much bigger... It would seem kind of silly if the director was flying around on a plane with 5 people...

I wish they hadn't killed Victoria Hand...

Nail gun to the foot = awesome. The Ward/May fight scene was building up for a while, and they didn't dissapoint.

Hope Fitz doesn't wind up having Michele Bachman advocating for him....

I like New Ward much better than I liked New Brian.

They shouldn't have built up Garrett as a great villian, only to have his death made into a punch line. The Deathlock ass kicking would have done nicely.

And I love that there is something (kree?) up with Skye... it helps justify her character, and expalins a lot...But I doubt they will ever explain how a girl who lived in a van always looked like she was heading to a club

I imagine that with Coulson's new role, that the scope will much bigger... It would seem kind of silly if the director was flying around on a plane with 5 people...

It looks to me like the regular cast are pretty much all that's left for Coulson to be Director of, so I wouldn't expect drastic changes. They do have a presumably permanent base of operations now, but that seems to come with just the one staff member.

And I love that there is something (kree?) up with Skye...

We've known since very early on that there was something mysterious about her origins, and we still have very little idea what.

Skye felt real. Ward wasn't actually redeemed. Is he reduced to returning villain? Or is he a regular who is Skye's reclamation project next year?

So Fury trusts Coulson more than Hill?. She needs to be a regular just to explore that.

Yeah, I was glad Ward didn't cash out as a redeemed villain dying to save the woman he apparently loves. I kind hope his life in prison lasts for at least 4-5 episodes before Flowers rescues him.

I like the idea of Hill coming aboard the show - she's probably really chafed Fury chose Coulson, though she did jump ship and run to Stark while Coulson stuck it out.

I get the feeling Skye's father might be the real Mandarin? MCU guys said they possibly wanted to bring one into the picture and the Iron Man movies are done so...

Ward will most likely be still on the cast nxt season. Garrett's gone and S.H.I.E.L.D. is toast, much as they are gonna hate it they are going to have to work with Ward. It's Spike circa s4 of Buffy with a hint of Angelus and a dash of intense betrayal. Imagine the scenes though, Ward & Fitzsimmons, Ward & whatever the hell that new Koenig is. One request, Melinda "don't call me The Cavalry" May must be borderline murderous to Ward ALL season, srsly, every time she is on screen with him she needs to look like she can't wait for an excuse to cross him off.

Yeah, I was glad Ward didn't cash out as a redeemed villain dying to save the woman he apparently loves. I kind hope his life in prison lasts for at least 4-5 episodes before Flowers rescues him.

I like the idea of Hill coming aboard the show - she's probably really chafed Fury chose Coulson, though she did jump ship and run to Stark while Coulson stuck it out.

I get the feeling Skye's father might be the real Mandarin? MCU guys said they possibly wanted to bring one into the picture and the Iron Man movies are done so...

If HIll joins the cast it may be as an antagonist. They could have her running the Stark privatised SHIELD and clashing with Coulson's new organization. Wasn't there a SHIELD civil war storyline in the comics?

If HIll joins the cast it may be as an antagonist. They could have her running the Stark privatised SHIELD and clashing with Coulson's new organization. Wasn't there a SHIELD civil war storyline in the comics?

The trouble is, if they do that I'll be rooting for Hill and Stark over Coulson (who really hasn't shown why he should be in charge of anything over the course of this season).

The trouble is, if they do that I'll be rooting for Hill and Stark over Coulson (who really hasn't shown why he should be in charge of anything over the course of this season).

The writers on this show are anything but subtle, if they want you to root against Hill, trust me they'll have her pull some epic douchbaggery.

EDIT

in the scene where Coulson explodes Garrett, there is some random lab worker sprawled on the floor and after Coulson wastes DeathGarrett he just saunters off without even checking on the dude who is lying on the floor. Watch it again, it's some cold shit.

Hill seems more of a follower than a leader, and she did bugger off to Stark.

The guy at the end had a kind of Eastern Warlord vibe going on, which could be quite cool, and there are a few organisations that might fit that.

What are they doing with the ten rings? It was a serious organisation when the kidnapped Tony in IM1 then was turned into a joke in IM3, I'm guessing there's no redemption for it.

Bingo. One of the common causes of decompression sickness is breathing air which has been pressurised in order to compensate for the increased ambient pressure when diving at depth. As has been correctly pointed out, the container was already pressurised to surface pressure therefore blowing the window & holding your breath till you get to the surface would carry no risk of DCS. That took me 2 minutes & google. The writers should be ashamed.

I don't know much about diving, but I did read The Great Bridge and Cryptonomicon...

Yes but they can fix that with having everyone repeat "coulson is a great leader" all the time. With a couple of "Hill is pooey" comments for good measure.

I was shocked that there was no mention of Romanov this episode. Maybe she was in the box?

Hill seems more of a follower than a leader, and she did bugger off to Stark.

The guy at the end had a kind of Eastern Warlord vibe going on, which could be quite cool, and there are a few organisations that might fit that.

What are they doing with the ten rings? It was a serious organisation when the kidnapped Tony in IM1 then was turned into a joke in IM3, I'm guessing there's no redemption for it.

The special at the end of the THor 2 DVD addresses the 10 rings. Marvel seems to be taking steps to redeem their joke status. The thing is that the show and Cap 2 really haven't dealt with the fact Hydra never disappeared and even though SHIELD was shut down, all of Hydra wasn't.

It might not just be about trust with Coulson but also belief. Hill doesn't come across as brainwashed in the SHIELD way as Coulson does and Fury probably thinks he'll inspire people more than Hill. Additionally, as has been mentioned, Hill has already jumped ship to Stark and I think Fury is hedging by having Hill work with Stark for the big shit (Age of Ultron?) and Coulson build up the ground level SHIELD.

Honestly though, I'm not sure why people are questioning it. Coulson is the main character of the TV show whereas Hill is not and Fury brought him back from the dead :dunno:

Coulson has just been around longer and has more history with Fury. Recall Hill only entered the circle of trust in the first Avengers movie.

Great finale. And is Skye's dad super haemophilliac man or something?

Pretty classic slapstick gag to finish off Garrett.

Yeah. It was a movie called Captain America 2...

So as someone who only saw half of the Asgardian Berserker episode I had a pretty bad first impression of this show, but is it worth picking up now that Winter Soldier's tied things back to the movies a bit more?

Honestly though, I'm not sure why people are questioning it. Coulson is the main character of the TV show whereas Hill is not and Fury brought him back from the dead :dunno:

Pretty much. I get the impression Cobie Smulders is probably shopping for more film roles or something bigger than guest-star in this show,

So as someone who only saw half of the Asgardian Berserker episode I had a pretty bad first impression of this show, but is it worth picking up now that Winter Soldier's tied things back to the movies a bit more?

It does but if the team dynamic and lame jokes is something you activley dislike in the episode then it doesn't really improve much. If you enjoyed Cap 2 it's worth watching for some of the fallout from that though,

Archived