Aussies LXII: ICAC, Budgets and Beer

Paxter

Yes, but again, so long as they haven't legally claimed asylum with Australia (which they can't do whilst outside of Australia's migration zone) refugee law does not protect them, regardless of whether they turned the boat around or put them on a different boat or where they sent them back to.

Boycotting that abomination!

Six things:

1. Sydney is cold.

2. I'll be escaping to warmer climes soon...

3. Work is boring.

4. Go Freo!

5. I kinda enjoyed State of Origin (the veracity of that statement is open to interpretation).

6. We have a new Senate! Oh f*ck. We have a new Senate.

Sydney was warm

You can keep your hot weather! :)

Work is challenging and fun

Freo- is that a fluoridated halon gas?

State of origin? I'm an atheist ;)

Fun and games hopefully to ensue!

Anyways I had fun with baby wulff the costumes are stunning and piccies don't do them justice.

Warmed the iron throne a little and uncrowned Joffrey lite.

Finished with a free chai latte

Missed you guys!

Have fun! The talk of five hour lines has shifted me into thinking that spending the weekend in bed playing civ is a far better option :p

Pax that sounds like the perfect holiday!

They let people with under fives to the front of the line!

France/Germany at 2am then Brazil/Colombia at 6am. Plus the men's semifinals in Wimbledon. That's gonna be a brutal night. Curse our timezone.

Who needs sleep!!?

Also- really unhappy with how our delightful government is behaving- I'm ashamed of being Australian. Thank goodness the supreme Court put an injunction on the transfers of refugees at sea.

I was going with laugh yesterday. Abbott was acting so arrogantly assuming he had the deal and they would roll over, having the triumphant press conference already scheduled for before his big photo op..then it blows up in his face. Add the comments on WWII Japanese soldiers pissing off China, and Bishop choosing this week to have a go at China over human rights as retaliation to this and they are really covering themselves in glory!

Thing is this is the legislation that they actually have the numbers for and they still can't get them to pass it easily.

Once the less popular budget stuff hits the senate things should get even crazier.

Yeah I'm hoping that co-payments and the tertiary education reforms go precisely nowhere. Please and thank you Clive.

Those are two of the things I think he is least likely to pass. I really hope he blocks the 6 months without benefits for youth as well because that one is utterly fucked and screws young kids for their entire life when their career prospects fall apart.

Oh and I forgot to post my political quote of the year:

“If you want to come into the kennel with the PUPs be prepared to be chewed up and spat back out,” she told Channel 10.

Lambie is the gift that keeps on giving...

Howsit Australians

You're alive!

Let's see, it's cold and politics is a circus as usual.

The teams that chase a non round ball fall over a grat deal land occasionally score.

There may have been a mention of terra nulius.

In other words same, same but different!

Archived