Aussies LXII: ICAC, Budgets and Beer

Paxter

And on this cold, blustery day I bid safe trip to the noble Pax. Enjoy the warm weather, I'm freezing!

On a politics note, I'm not really fond of both our PM, and opposition leader, and QLD premier all deciding it's our job to be playing hard ball issuing ultimatums to Russia over the Malaysian Air flight.

I don't know, it's kind of novel to see our government trying to play hardball with someone other than impoverished Pacific states and innocent people fleeing violence. I'd prefer Tony Abbott to work out his masculinity issues on Putin (they can have a man-off!) than on Sri Lankan asylum seekers.

Have a great time Pax, always good to escape sydney :)

In boring political news, it's nice to see a big (18.6%) swing against LNP in the Stafford by election. Hopefully a good sign for 2015 elections.

Doing well, keeping busy working for a big pharmaceutical company so nowhere near the free time I had as a bludgy academic. Add two kids and one on the way to the mix and all of a sudden there's no time for these kind of message board shenanigans.

I even missed the Aussie game of thrones exhibition, for shame.

Doing well, keeping busy working for a big pharmaceutical company so nowhere near the free time I had as a bludgy academic. Add two kids and one on the way to the mix and all of a sudden there's no time for these kind of message board shenanigans.

Is there enough time left in the day for you to get on the telescope?

We thought waiting in line for over six hours worth it!

It doesn't does it. Also loving the escalating war on the unemployed. You are required to spam 40 employers per month with "applications", but if we deem they are not a genuine attempt (while you are doing 25 hours of community service a week, effectively being paid ~2/3 minimum wage) then you will be fined.

Newstart is already so fucking low, it's ridiculous.

I especially loved Abbotts assertion that randomly doorknocking small businesses is a better use of your time and more likely to land you a job than 'peering at your computer screen'

Because real jobs are never advertised online.

I especially loved Abbotts assertion that randomly doorknocking small businesses is a better use of your time and more likely to land you a job than 'peering at your computer screen'

Because real jobs are never advertised online.

Well, given that the bombardment of job applications his and Eric Abtez's offices have been receiving do not appear to have created any new jobs there, perhaps people will need to go and start doorknocking at Parliament House.

Edit: Although frankly, I think it would be more effective to target the Liberal Party's biggest corporate donors. When their HR departments are swamped with unsuitable applicants for jobs which don't exist, then the government will start listening.

You guys have got it all wrong - this policy is the start of a gold rush for HR assistants, waste disposal and recycling professionals and the papier mache-based art and crafts community.

Archived