Small questions v.10080

Angalin

I'm having trouble with the Quote options, they don't seem to be working, and it's annoying me and probably others :bang: I think this computer uses Google Chrome. Anyone aware of issues with this? Just outdated? It doesn't seem to make sense. It's simply a matter of clicking on the fricking buttons, right?

I use Mozilla so I'm not sure about chrome. Are you definitely clicking quote and not multiquote?

Clicked on Quote.

Typed.

This is what happened.

I don't see the Quote box on my screen...

I use Firefox and have no problems. Would you be able to download Firefox and try? At least then you will know whether this problem is browser related or something else.

Hey, I hope this question is in the right place, Im not sure if it was addressed in the books. I was wondering about the passage of Ice during the rebellion. Presumably it went to KL with Brandon and Rickard, but I wouldve thought Rickard would have it with him as he was burnt alive. I was wondering if Ned simply retrieved it when they took Kings Landing but Id be surprised if the sword was treated with any sort of respect, the Mad King seems like the type to just destroy it as a final insult to the Starks

Hey, I hope this question is in the right place, Im not sure if it was addressed in the books. I was wondering about the passage of Ice during the rebellion. Presumably it went to KL with Brandon and Rickard, but I wouldve thought Rickard would have it with him as he was burnt alive. I was wondering if Ned simply retrieved it when they took Kings Landing but Id be surprised if the sword was treated with any sort of respect, the Mad King seems like the type to just destroy it as a final insult to the Starks

The app tells us Rickard and Brandon were on their way to Riverrun for Brandons wedding when news of Lyanna reached Brandon and Brandon stormed off. Rickard presumably travelled on to Riverrun, from where he received the summons to KL. Here would have been no reason to take Ice to a wedding, and thus Rickard most likely didn't have it with him when facing Aerys' "champion".

I remember Stannis once saying that choosing his brother over his king during the rebellion was one of the hardest things he ever did. Anyone else think it's possible that when a Targaryen (Dany or YG) shows up and demands his fealty on the basis that they are his rightful king/queen that he declare for them?

I'm having trouble with the Quote options, they don't seem to be working, and it's annoying me and probably others :bang: I think this computer uses Google Chrome. Anyone aware of issues with this? Just outdated? It doesn't seem to make sense. It's simply a matter of clicking on the fricking buttons, right?

If it doesn't work simply use [ quote ] and [ / quote ] (without space)

I remember Stannis once saying that choosing his brother over his king during the rebellion was one of the hardest things he ever did. Anyone else think it's possible that when a Targaryen (Dany or YG) shows up and demands his fealty on the basis that they are his rightful king/queen that he declare for them?

I don't think Stannnis will just give up his rights for Dany. From his point of view, Robert did win over the Targaryens and Dany is an exile. So Stannis will press on Dany being a usurper.

I can't see Stannis abandoning his claim...From his pov, Robert won the IT the same way Aegon did; sword and fire, only without dragons. But the lack of dragons didn't make the victory any less complete. So to abandon his claim would be to abandon his duty.

"Great or small, we must all do our duty."

This is not a small question.

Just a warning to those who wish not to be spoiled about details from the Rogue Prince until after its release. A few, until now minor, spoilers have appeared on the wiki. I'm not sure that that is even allowed. But if you don't whish to be spoilored, stay clear from the pages about those characters you know will appear in the Rogue Prince.

Just a warning to those who wish not to be spoiled about details from the Rogue Prince until after its release. A few, until now minor, spoilers have appeared on the wiki. I'm not sure that that is even allowed. But if you don't whish to be spoilored, stay clear from the pages about those characters you know will appear in the Rogue Prince.

On the topic of "Rouge Prince", what story will be released in that book? I thought GRRM only did the editing.

Question of my own: did Jeor Mormont fight in the Greyjoy Rebellion?

On the topic of "Rouge Prince", what story will be released in that book? I thought GRRM only did the editing.

The Rogue Prince, or, The King's Brother (as is the official full name) will be one of the many stories in the anthology Rogues. The story, as per GRRM, will be about the life of Prince Daemon Targaryen, brother to King Viserys I, husband to Queen Rhaenyra, and father of Kings Aegon III and Viserys II.

GRRM is also involved in the editing.

Question of my own: did Jeor Mormont fight in the Greyjoy Rebellion?

The Rogue Prince, or, The King's Brother (as is the official full name) will be one of the many stories in the anthology Rogues. The story, as per GRRM, will be about the life of Prince Daemon Targaryen, brother to King Viserys I, husband to Queen Rhaenyra, and father of Kings Aegon III and Viserys II.

GRRM is also involved in the editing.

Hmm. Interesting. I suppose it depends when he joined the NW. It was after Jorah was widowed iirc, but it all depends on how long afterwards. Was Jeor LC when Jorah married Lynesse? If so, I would suggest that he did not fight inthe Greyjoy Rebellion

Hmm. Interesting. I suppose it depends when he joined the NW. It was after Jorah was widowed iirc, but it all depends on how long afterwards. Was Jeor LC when Jorah married Lynesse? If so, I would suggest that he did not fight inthe Greyjoy Rebellion

I could not remember it, but the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch page on the wiki said that Jeor joined after the Greyjoy Rebellion. Since I can only recall Jeor having fought in Roberts Rebellion, and vaguely recall Jorah marrying Lynesse when he was Lord in his own right (only days after the Greyjoy Rebellion ended), I deleted that on the page.

There was also no word about Jeor in the Greyjoy Rebellion on Jeors wiki entry.

Archived