Small questions v.10080

Angalin

Question of my own: did Jeor Mormont fight in the Greyjoy Rebellion?

This passage from ACoK suggests Jeor joined the NW before the Greyjoy Rebellion.

“Ser Jorah nodded. “By then my father had taken the black, so I was Lord of Bear Island in my own right. I had no lack of marriage offers, but before I could reach a decision Lord Balon Greyjoy rose in rebellion against the Usurper, and Ned Stark called his banners to help his friend Robert. ”

This passage from ACoK suggests Jeor joined the NW before the Greyjoy Rebellion.

“Ser Jorah nodded. “By then my father had taken the black, so I was Lord of Bear Island in my own right. I had no lack of marriage offers, but before I could reach a decision Lord Balon Greyjoy rose in rebellion against the Usurper, and Ned Stark called his banners to help his friend Robert. ”

Right, good :) That means I changed the wiki correctly..

Thank you :D

The app tells us Rickard and Brandon were on their way to Riverrun for Brandons wedding when news of Lyanna reached Brandon and Brandon stormed off. Rickard presumably travelled on to Riverrun, from where he received the summons to KL. Here would have been no reason to take Ice to a wedding, and thus Rickard most likely didn't have it with him when facing Aerys' "champion".

I dunno about this. Jamie tells us he had his armor with him. Why not his sword too?

I dunno about this. Jamie tells us he had his armor with him. Why not his sword too?

Rickard had armor with him, but was it truly his own armor? How could Jaime know? Jaime had never met Rickard before, for as far as we know. He would not know the difference between Rickards armor and borrowed armor.

At weddings, we learn in The Mystery Knight, tourneys can be held, so perhaps Rickard did take his own armor with him, and a sword, but not Ice, which would have been useless in a tourney. The chances for a tourney might be high. Brandon was known to ride in tourneys, and Rickard did bring 200 men with him, who would need to be entertained. Why not with a tourney, celebrating a wedding?

On the other hand, perhaps Rickard did not have his own armor with him. Being on the way to Riverrun when Brandon races off to King's Landing, Rickard would have reached King's Landing by the time Aerys' summons arrived. Hoster could have lend Rickard armor, since Rickard was being summoned for a trial.

That's my view on it. :)

He might have had a sword, just not Ice i suppose. Makes sense to travel with arms and armour (brigands etc) but no need to bring Ice to a wedding.

Alternatively, Brandon or Rickard did have Ice and it was left in King's Landing. Ned collected it and Ethan Glover after the Sack, before he went to the ToJ

Rickard had armor with him, but was it truly his own armor? How could Jaime know? Jaime had never met Rickard before, for as far as we know. He would not know the difference between Rickards armor and borrowed armor.

At weddings, we learn in The Mystery Knight, tourneys can be held, so perhaps Rickard did take his own armor with him, and a sword, but not Ice, which would have been useless in a tourney. The chances for a tourney might be high. Brandon was known to ride in tourneys, and Rickard did bring 200 men with him, who would need to be entertained. Why not with a tourney, celebrating a wedding?

On the other hand, perhaps Rickard did not have his own armor with him. Being on the way to Riverrun when Brandon races off to King's Landing, Rickard would have reached King's Landing by the time Aerys' summons arrived. Hoster could have lend Rickard armor, since Rickard was being summoned for a trial.

That's my view on it. :)

He might have had a sword, just not Ice i suppose. Makes sense to travel with arms and armour (brigands etc) but no need to bring Ice to a wedding.

Alternatively, Brandon or Rickard did have Ice and it was left in King's Landing. Ned collected it and Ethan Glover after the Sack, before he went to the ToJ

You both could be correct of course, but we really don't know yet. There's debate on here if the Starks even fought with Ice or if it was just ceremonial. I think it makes sense for Lord Stark to have Ice with him when he's traveling hundreds of miles for any reason, including a wedding. Even if you were totally sure there would be no use for it, it's a symbol of your house's prestige and all that. Plus that's what you have a squire for, to carry the damn thing. Eddard brought it to King's Landing when he shouldn't have been expecting to need it. (He wouldn't be executing criminals in the capitol.)

All I'm saying is it's still very much up in the air where Ice was during the rebellion, and when Ned reclaimed it.

Edit: oh and I assume Jamie knew it was his armor because it had a wolf on it or something. You know how many lords tend to customize their armor. I will cede that it's possible it was not his armor, and Jamie was just making the natural assumption.

You both could be correct of course, but we really don't know yet. There's debate on here if the Starks even fought with Ice or if it was just ceremonial. I think it makes sense for Lord Stark to have Ice with him when he's traveling hundreds of miles for any reason, including a wedding. Even if you were totally sure there would be no use for it, it's a symbol of your house's prestige and all that. Plus that's what you have a squire for, to carry the damn thing. Eddard brought it to King's Landing when he shouldn't have been expecting to need it. (He wouldn't be executing criminals in the capitol.)

All I'm saying is it's still very much up in the air where Ice was during the rebellion, and when Ned reclaimed it.

Edit: oh and I assume Jamie knew it was his armor because it had a wolf on it or something. You know how many lords tend to customize their armor. I will cede that it's possible it was not his armor, and Jamie was just making the natural assumption.

Well, the app says what I posted earlier, and since it is of course still possible it will be changed later on, though not certain, I think it can be considered semi-canon for now.

Well, the app says what I posted earlier, and since it is of course still possible it will be changed later on, though not certain, I think it can be considered semi-canon for now.

You mean where it says they were traveling to the wedding? I'm not contesting that, I just still think it's likely he had the sword with him.

Could Rolly Duckfield be the second coming of Fireball? He has the same hair right? Master at arms for a Targaryen/Blackfyre king who will wield the sword Blackfyre more than likely. From the reach but he got the white coat of course.

Fireball wanted the white cloak but once a spot was available, he didn't get it, causing him to become an enemy.

Rolly never expressed wanting that white cloak so much he was willing to set everything aside for it (while Fireball forced his wife to join the Silent Sisters), but in the end did receive one.

There are some parallels, but also opposites between the two.

Could Rolly Duckfield be the second coming of Fireball? He has the same hair right? Master at arms for a Targaryen/Blackfyre king who will wield the sword Blackfyre more than likely. From the reach but he got the white coat of course.

Yes, it has been discussed here. :)

Does anyone know about any art concerning the dragons from during the Dance? Or art about the Dance itself?

HERE Sorry it was too cute to pass up :D However if you search that site for dance with dragons there are more of them.

Do be careful though, that's not exactly a kid friendly website.

Archived