Videogames: Who Are You Buying This For?

Jace, Extat

Thanks. It sounds good. Game had been completely off my radar, but then it came out and got pretty solid professional reviews; made me start thinking about it.

Yeah, though the problem for them is that there's no reason to get it at full price. Its a single-player only game, so you're not missing out on MP or anything if you just wait for a sale. I don't mind because I had a blast with it, but if you aren't sure or if money is tight, there's no reason to not wait.

in Elder scroll games, Malcath is one of the lesser jerk daedric princes. He created a weapon and gave it to a mortal to banish all daedra. The weapon was a mace called Scourge. It to bad it wasn't in Oblivion or Skyrim

in Elder scroll games, Malcath is one of the lesser jerk daedric princes. He created a weapon and gave it to a mortal to banish all daedra. The weapon was a mace called Scourge. It to bad it wasn't in Oblivion or Skyrim

Don't you get a warhammer called Volundrung?

I think I'd far rather play this game if you played the Polish resistance guys who he's with rather than the hero being the yank journo.

But MURICA FUCK YEAH! amiright?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I kid, obviously. It would be a bit more interesting with what you suggest, but either way the game is taking a sort of different approach even if the protagonist is American.

Also im posting this here because this game needs way more exposure, its called Kingdom come deliverance. Kickstarter vid (It was already funded btw), and here is a vid on the combat. Enjoy!

Yea I'm definitely keeping an eye on kindom come deliverance. Very excited about a proper medieval game with realistic combat system. Hopefully with it getting it's proper funding the game will be able to be everything it has been touted as wanting to be.

Yuuup, from what they have shown I am absolutely buying this. I didn't fund at all, but to make up for that I will buy the most expensive version of the game they release.

My only worry is polearms, the player character might not get the option to use those, since apparently its way harder to animate and make relistic(plus getting them inside castles and such) heres hoping it works out.

Also im posting this here because this game needs way more exposure, its called Kingdom come deliverance. Kickstarter vid (It was already funded btw), and here is a vid on the combat. Enjoy!

I put ten quid into the kickstarter and i'm getting so hyped for it that i'm almost praying that it doesn't fail to deliver (might even sacrifice a goat i've if I start to worry)

So it's like Skyrim but you can't play as a female?

Not at all, the only thing this game has in common with Skyrim is the open world thing. The similarities begin and end there.

The game has zero fantasy elements, no monsters, and no magic. They want to be as accurate as possible and are trying to do something really fantastic with the combat. It is set during 1403, a particularly violent chaotic time(even for the medieval era) The side quests will be things like investigating a murderer, laying siege to fortresses, stuff like that. they even showed a quest in which someone kills a bunch of your lords horses, and you have to figure out who did it and why.

And ftr, you can play as a girl. But yeah, nothing like skyrim.

I put ten quid into the kickstarter and i'm getting so hyped for it that i'm almost praying that it doesn't fail to deliver (might even sacrifice a goat i've if I start to worry)

I would totally sacrifice a goat with you for this game.

Also the polearm thing is not a huge deal for me, I would absolutely LOVE to run around with a poleaxe, but if they cant do it they cant do it. Still gonna play the shit out of this.

And ftr, you can play as a girl. But yeah, nothing like skyrim.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention. Any link to a video or article that I can check out confirming that?

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention. Any link to a video or article that I can check out confirming that?

The main character is set - man, son of blacksmith and so on, his looks are set too - think Witcher and not Dragon Age.

There is supposed to be some storyline where you can play as a woman at the beggining though. More of a cameo. It was added only as a kickstarter bonus.

I'm keeping an eye on Kingdom Come, but I'm not sold just yet. Mostly because I'm not really a fan of 1st person perspective games. But I am excited about a game with realistic sword fighting, and can see where that is probably better handled in 1st person.

I'd also like the option to use a female character. But I can understand them leaving it out for the sake of authenticity.

Here http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/02/playable-female-character-goal-reached-kingdom-come-deliverance/

In the video on that page you can see the female player model.

As was said above though, it was a kick starter bonus and you can only play a female temporarily. I left that part out to sell you on the game.

It would definetly be great if they had a full on playable female for the entire game but I don't think they have the resources for it. Iirc they cited authenticity as the reason but I'm not sure I beleive that.

In other gaming news e3 starts soon! I won't be attending but if anyone here is you have to let me know how awesome it is. Cd project is having a closed door witcher 3 presentation and I'm hoping it leaks. Also dragon age inquisition will be showing off dragon fights. I'm also eagerly awaiting tom clancys the division but I'm not sure that will be making an appearance this year.

It looks like the natural progression of Mount and Blade, honestly. The animation system looks better, but the game ultimately looks really similar.

edit: And if they're planning on adding heavy armor, they're going to need to work on an in-depth wrestling system if they're planning on keeping it realistic.

Mortal Kombat X announced for 2015.

Deep inside me there's a 14 year old screaming with excitement and preparing to decapitate me and rip my spine out just to tell the world of his excitement.

Just came to post this. Looks amazing. After MK9 I already knew I was getting it. But this has exceeded my expectations.

Just came to post this. Looks amazing. After MK9 I already knew I was getting it. But this has exceeded my expectations.

It does look fantastic. I haven't played MK in a lot of years, but I really do think its about time to update my library.

Archived